The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | March 25th, 2017 | 11 AM | Sportsnet Pacific | The "Whose Canucks Are These Anyway?" Edition

Cramarossa

Damn… Got up with great intentions for today.  Truck jacked up. Wheels off and all set to do my front end suspension.   Then heard the Boeser news.The truck stays on jackstands for today ...  might have to dust off the bike to go get milk. 

46 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

I wonder/hope his parents and friends were able to get to the game today to see his debut.

I imagine this was all thought out before the game yesterday though.

#soexcited

• -SN- featured this topic
24 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Been there twice and the sun was shining both times...of course, last time was 1979:wacko:

Don't worry, I'm sure it will cloud over soon.

:lol: Aye can hear you've been here... Think that was the last time we saw the sun.

We do get a lot of rain and wind here in Scotland, but we do get to see the sun as well :)

Brock is wearing #6. Make an old Finnish Canuck with "balls of steel" proud, kid. ::D

In all seriousness though, I hope they aren't burning the 1st year of his ELC just to fill more seats in the remaining home games. It has to be a right thing to do for Brock and the team's long term goals, not for the owner's pocket change.

6 minutes ago, 1-d said:

Brock is wearing #6. Make an old Finnish Canuck with "balls of steel" proud, kid. ::D

In all seriousness though, I hope they aren't burning the 1st year of his ELC just to fill more seats in the remaining home games. It has to be a right thing to do for Brock and the team's long term goals, not for the owner's pocket change.

No I think that the 'burn' was always in the cards for BB to sign after his second year vs. 4th. Its so much better to get him into the system now vs risking some kind of free agent fiasco. So from that pov, burn baby burn. 

6 minutes ago, 1-d said:

Nah, burning a year of his ELC is strictly for Brock. Might have been necessary to ensure he signed. It really doesn't hamper the Canucks moving forward as their cap has a ton of flexibility moving forward.

I can't imagine the state Brock will be in. Twelve hours removed from an intense overtime playoff game where he was taken on not only a physical ride but an emotional one when their 'winning' goal was disallowed on an offside, and then were scored on to lose the game. Saying bye to his team mates. Then whisked off to play with older professionals he doesn't know yet, for a coach he hasn't practiced his system for, in his first NHL game. Wow.

Archived