The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOUR] Boeser expected to sign with the Canucks soon

KyoNami

They can do one of 2 things with Boeser

1. Sign him to the Canucks and let him play 6 or 7 struggling mean nothing games, or
  2. Sign him to a try out with the Comets and have him chip in with a team on a playoff push in a league that is a step above what he is use to in US College

The first option means blowing a year on his ELC.  I guess you all can figure out what I think.

8 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

1. Sign him to the Canucks and let him play 6 or 7 struggling mean nothing games, or
  2. Sign him to a try out with the Comets and have him chip in with a team on a playoff push in a league that is a step above what he is use to in US College

The first option means blowing a year on his ELC.  I guess you all can figure out what I think.

Boeser prob only wants to sign an NHL entry contract tbh

28 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

The first thing isn't happening. Not to a first round draft choice. Brock had to do what's good for Brock.

3 minutes ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

Unpopular opinion but I'd rather he signed with Utica.

Maybe not.  While I'd like to see him, I think it'd be best to get him started in Utica, playing meaningful games and getting a good first taste of pro hockey.  He can see what it's like to practice and play with pros, and even get some input on what he needs to work on for next year.  That may well be more valuable than a marketing look-see for the Vancouver fans in meaningless games, playing out the string.

Kind of crazy to think, but they could conceivably have him in the lineup at 11AM against Minny tomorrow morning!  Systems schmistems...

Yeah @Hutton Wink I am thinking more about his development and less about entertainment value. Utica would be way more useful, imo. Today was hard enough for him as it is, I'm sure, no need to taint him with the string of additional losses the Canucks are sure to endure. 

I don't blame him for following the money though. 

1) Personally, I'd rather him go to Utica and give them a playoff push rather than come into the NHL and prob play with a losing team.

2) HOWEVER, and I know this is asking for alot. But imagine him coming into the league and racking up some nice points or showing his skills off of what is to come. No offence to Horvat, but Boeser in my opinion has more superstar capabilities and will give the team some positive media attention on the future. With Granlund out imagine him playing with Bae and Horvat.

Why do some people think that everyone and their dog who has a twitter account is a valid source for a rumour?

Besides, it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to know that the signing was going to happen pretty quickly after ND was eliminated.

4 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

Why do some people think that everyone and their dog who has a twitter account is a valid source for a rumour?

Besides, it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to know that the signing was going to happen pretty quickly after ND was eliminated.

A rumour is a rumour, it might be right, it might not be. If I titled this as a signing, then I'd be saying that he's signing for sure, which we don't know. 

21 minutes ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

Yeah @Hutton Wink I am thinking more about his development and less about entertainment value. Utica would be way more useful, imo. Today was hard enough for him as it is, I'm sure, no need to taint him with the string of additional losses the Canucks are sure to endure. 

I don't blame him for following the money though. 

Knowing WD, he wouldn't play right away either, "has to get in a couple of practices first".  Thats if WD is going to be consistent about his message across all young players.

But in all seriousness, I agree, starting in utica to acclimatize his mind and body to the pro game will do him more good than play a few throw away games when this team is hardly trying anymore.

Archived