The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOUR] Boeser expected to sign with the Canucks soon

KyoNami

I'd rather he play a few games (with sheltered minutes) for the parent team.

That way, he'll have a relatively decent idea of what he's going to have to work on in the offseason to get ready for the NHL.

While this isn't always the case, I do think that the idea of sending every prospect we have to Utica to "find their game" is somewhat overstated.

8 hours ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

Yeah @Hutton Wink I am thinking more about his development and less about entertainment value. Utica would be way more useful, imo. Today was hard enough for him as it is, I'm sure, no need to taint him with the string of additional losses the Canucks are sure to endure. 

I don't blame him for following the money though. 

The way this is going, I'm of the thought that JB & Co. are hoping for Brock to become a contributor sooner rather than later. He's built up a lot of hype around Vancouver and the hockey world (winning the Nat'l Champ and making top prospect lists). Sure they may sell a few more tickets if he were to get into some games, but the sooner they can get him around the team and organization to see what is expected of him and to get comfortable the better. Then he has a much better idea of what he needs to do over the summer to be ready for October. This makes me think that the 'Nucks are "hoping" Brock can be that top 6 fw they are looking for, if not right away, soon enough. I wouldn't classify this as rushing him, but more of an orientation before he starts work for real.

8 hours ago, hammertime said:

I'm curious if he can get 2 birds stoned at once by playing the requirement to blow the year off his ELC then go to Utica??????

He can't. He would have had to be on the Comets at the trade deadline.

That's why they sent down Gaunce for 1 day (on paper) at the deadline.  Now, he can play NHL and go down to the Comets for their playoffs.

So for Boeser, it's one or the other, not both.

Dan Murphy‏Verified account @sportsnetmurph  26m26 minutes ago

Brock Boeser has arrived at the #canucks hotel. No word yet if he's in the line-up versus #wild.

Elliotte Friedman‏Verified account @FriedgeHNIC  19m19 minutes ago

VAN plays in MIN in 3 hours...hearing Canucks are making an attempt to sign Brock Boeser. Interesting to see if he's there.

Elliotte Friedman‏Verified account @FriedgeHNIC  14m14 minutes ago

Boeser has arrived at team hotel, so it could very well happen. Would add some fun to the game.

im guessing he plays out the remainder of the season with the Canucks.  Benning and co will see what he needs to work on to be ready for next season...if he works his tail off he will get his nine games next year.  he either sticks after that - or he is Utica bound.  Where he sticks is entirely on Brock.  i believe he will be on the canucks roster indefinately.

7 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Dan Murphy‏Verified account @sportsnetmurph  26m26 minutes ago

Brock Boeser has arrived at the #canucks hotel. No word yet if he's in the line-up versus #wild.

Elliotte Friedman‏Verified account @FriedgeHNIC  19m19 minutes ago

VAN plays in MIN in 3 hours...hearing Canucks are making an attempt to sign Brock Boeser. Interesting to see if he's there.

Elliotte Friedman‏Verified account @FriedgeHNIC  14m14 minutes ago

Boeser has arrived at team hotel, so it could very well happen. Would add some fun to the game.

extGq0s.png

Honestly, depending on how much Boeser is actually nursing that wrist I would rather not see him play mean nothing games. But I guess we just have to trust the team that they wouldn't put him in that position. That being said I am excited to see him play.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but isn't it possible for Boeser to not burn a year off of his ELC if he plays under the 10 game limit?

Archived