The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Wild

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, DIBdaQUIB said:

I don't have a problem with the earn your ice mantra, but when WD puts out the twins out in the third and they proceed to cough up the puck defensively repeatedly leading to the first goal, it is hard to justify punishing the kids or making them earn it.  Our weakest defensive players tonight were our Swedish vets.

While the twins are frustrating, they've earned the right to make mistakes and maintain their mins in meaningless games.  Contrary to misinformed belief, it's not a level playing field for all.  When the young guys show anything in the same universe as Hank and Daniel, they won't have to worry about it either.

Just now, Great Granny said:

Tony, Botch and Paterson are the only guys worth listening to. Is there a 'Joey Kenward hour' on the dial anywhere for you guys?

Good point.  Kenward is brutal.  Who is the new radio P by P guy?  He's friggin awful too.  

Just now, johngould21 said:

"New", he's in his second year, and I don't think I've ever listened to a game called by John Abbott.

That's the guy!  I guess when you're following Robson, Hughson, and Shorthouse it's not so easy.  Hopefully the new broadcaster gets someone better.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

That's the guy!  I guess when you're following Robson, Hughson, and Shorthouse it's not so easy.  Hopefully the new broadcaster gets someone better.

I think he's employed by the Canucks, no? Does anyone listen to radio play-by-play anymore, really?

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

While the twins are frustrating, they've earned the right to make mistakes and maintain their mins in meaningless games.  Contrary to misinformed belief, it's not a level playing field for all.  When the young guys show anything in the same universe as Hank and Daniel, they won't have to worry about it either.

I get that but in the context of earning your ice time, they are not.  For this year it is only an annoyance.  Next year it will be a problem. 

Besides...These last games are anything but meaningless to the kids trying to showcase their stuff.  What is the point of watching the Sedins?  Do a WD not know what he has?:huh:

1 minute ago, johngould21 said:

I think he's employed by the Canucks, no? Does anyone listen to radio play-by-play anymore, really?

That's all their once was, radio.  The Canucks should just put Shorthouse back in the radio booth.  Oh, dump that colour guy too - Tomlinson.  Bring in Ferraro! 

23 minutes ago, Great Granny said:

Tony, Botch and Paterson are the only guys worth listening to. Is there a 'Joey Kenward hour' on the dial anywhere for you guys?

My biggest concern, especially with the new Rogers radio station looming, is having yes men all around. It will basically turn the media outlet into the team's public relations dept silencing all the criticism even the legit ones.

I listen to T1040 and not always agree with their hosts' opinions, but I do appreciate their honesty and sometimes they say what the fans really think so there's that. 

Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser

Granlund-Top 6 Center-Goldobin

Eriksson-Sutter-Boucher

Rodin-Chaput-Virtanen

Top 4 Dman-Stecher

Hutton-Gudbranson

Sbisa-Tryamkin

Biega

Leaves us open to trade Henrik, Daniel, Edler and Tanev. Get a top 6 offensive center, a top 4 physical dman and we won't miss any of them. 

Give Bo the C, Sutter and Gudbranson the A's.

It doesn't look half bad.

EDIT: Upgrade on Rodin etc too if possible. Just based it on what we have right now to show life after the Sedins, Edler, and Tanev is not impossible.

2 hours ago, playboi19 said:

Hopefully we re-sign rodin and get rid of chaput.

If Rodin doesn't bolt to the KHL, we have to see what he can do. Tantalizing player. Gillis' second ever pick.

Rodin is calm and cool. He can obviously do whatever he wants, do you guys and gals think he'll factor in?

Archived