The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Wild

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

I haven't seen Canucks fans this happy in a PGT since 2011. 

I dunno I'm seeing negativity here, guess a top prospect isn't good enough that a year on contract is lost in 9 games?  Holy sheet is what I have to say.

7 minutes ago, terrible.dee said:

When talking about a teams cap you are talking about their top players, if Brock is a top player for this team he will ALWAYS be a major factor in our cap AFTER his ELC

That is why burning a year is unwise, and seriously you know enough about this stuff to know that's the way it is, you don't need me to explain it to you.

I don't that bothers management as moch as it does you.

6 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Bo drives to the net so well, he makes room for Boeser. Someone said Boeser did well with a linemate like that last yr, but struggled this yr without him. 

only first game, but I see good chemistry of him with Bo.  

WCE line 3.0. 

This line has all the elements to be really good.  I've always thought the Trottier/Bossy/Gillies line was maybe the best ever (great balance of all the things that make a line great).  This line has the physicality of Bo (Clark Gilles), the play making skills of Baer (Brian Trottier) and the finishing skills of Boeser (Bossy).  Plus the all skate really well!  Not saying this line is the next Trottier/Bossy/Gilles, but they have the elements I believe necessary to be great.

On 2017-03-25 at 7:03 PM, HerrDrFunk said:

That's certainly the bitchy, pessimistic way of looking at things, I guess. Where was Boeser drafted again?

it would also seem you are incapable of presenting anything of substance in reply to my points.

Further to that your question suggests you may not even understand what I'm talking about.

Regardless, it would seem I have upset you.....and though that wasn't my intention it's amusing none the less.

19 minutes ago, terrible.dee said:

The Twins are trying to get us an impact player in the draft, they would actually like to get a shot a cup before they hang it up, they did not just forget how to play hockey.

I would be careful about spewing negativity towards the twins right now, you could end up looking very silly when their game magically re-appears next season.

..... Man, you're on fire with the ridiculous logic tonight. Keep going.

2 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Or even the fact if you have actually watched ALL SEASON (your words) you would see he is starting to get more talented players, and the young players are getting more experience and benefitting from how WD's coaching has kept these youngsters in the game and not getting swamped every night.

Oh and for your information. The coach has been doing what management wants from day one - or don't you listen to what Benning and Linden say and instead prefer to make up your own version.

This is why they had to sit Willie down in the Calgary series about the Sedins lack of ice time.

This is why they had to sit Willie down last week and tell him to play the youth more.

Yes, he'll eventually do what he's told, because he's incapable of making the obvious decision on his own. Granted, Benning should know better than to arm Willie with a small arsenal of AHL grunts. Willie will choose these guys over a young prospect every time.

Willie had the whole season to feature the young players more, and chose not to. The talent has been there, just misused. 

Please just reply with your favorite Willie GIF, rather than a 500 word essay on Willie's brilliance.

6 hours ago, BoDangles53 said:

something many willie haters ignore, not to mention how somehow the following players seem to be developing incredibly well in spite of him??? lol

Bo

Baer

Granny

Try

Stech

Hutton

Sbisa

Basically most of our future core but ya he sucks LOL - blind hatred, shows a level of idiocy that is unmatched

He sucks it the way of winning but he is phenomenal in the way of development. He's a great AHL coach and a great NHL coach for a rebuilding team. I personally want to see Crawford back behind our bench next year but 1 more WD season won't kill us. I want a Crawford so badly 

24 minutes ago, ynwa said:

I agree, He has the odd game where he looks like the Edler of old, but they're getting fewer and fewer. If it's at all possible he should be traded—the thing is of course that other teams know exactly the same as we do, so his value will not be what a lot of people might think.

The Sedins have been wonderful to watch over the years, some of their stuff was pure magic, but you can't fight father time, and despite their strict training regimen, this year has seen a dramatic decrease in their effectiveness. I can see them playing out their contracts mainly by using their influence to show the youngsters what it will take both on and off the ice to become bona fide NHLers.

Having said all that, sitting here on this forum trying to second guess people who are vastly experienced at their jobs is a cross between pointless and silly, but it is fun. ::D

Contrary to what some here SEM to think, most of us recognize this forum is about  a sharing, venting  titicizing and cheering.  We also recognize our opinions are just that and in no way affect player deployment or management decisions. 

If we did have influence, it would take all the fun out of it:rolleyes:

30 minutes ago, terrible.dee said:

Granlund, in my opinion, was Anson Carter 2017, losing him will have a negligible effect, I think you could have slotted several players into where he was playing with similar or better results.

Brock is a potential spark plug, take a look at the game today first star, first goal in his first game. Plugs rarely achieve that in their first game, which leads me to my retort:

OF COURSE one player can ruin a draft position, a couple of wins can drop your position significantly did  Brock not score the GWG today?

It great that Brock looks like the real thing, but to win a cup you have to control center ice you HAVE to have TWO star centers, it's mandatory, your top two centers make your team what it is along with you're #1 D-man, hoping to get those pieces via trade or F.A is, as I've said before, banking your retirement on buying a lottery ticket every day. People don't give up those pieces once they have them, and if they are forced to you are competing against 30 other teams to get them. you HAVE to draft your top two centers and #1 D-man

So far we have one of those three pieces, courtesy of Mike Gillis.

A glut of talented (or potentially talented) wingers and 18-20 minute D-men may win us a playoff round or two over the next 15 years and supply some winning seasons too, but ask yourself, do you want to win a cup, or just make it to the 2nd round a few times?

If you want to win a cup there is a price to be paid, you have to pull out all the stops to get rare and precious puzzle pieces necessary to do it. The Canucks haver almost never done that which is why fans in this market aren't used to seeing what a team that really wants to win does when they are in their prime drafting years.

Pat Quin did it, how many people here know that the Canucks pulled a scam to draft Bure? Look at the Penguins did in transitioning from Mario to Crosby? Do you honestly think they just got LUCKY to get two of the best of all time? Sat around waiting for them to drop into their lap? "Oh look two more all-time greats in Malkin and Crosby, gee whiz how did we get so LUCKY?"

If you want it you have to go GET IT, there is a price to be paid

Brock was not there for the Chicago win. A lot of teams have little to play for. It happened last year also. You need to relax and enjoy the ride. We may lose a spot or two but that is how it goes. 

Granlund is a lot better than you think. I feel he is a key piece moving forward. 

13 minutes ago, terrible.dee said:

The Twins are trying to get us an impact player in the draft, they would actually like to get a shot a cup before they hang it up, they did not just forget how to play hockey.

I would be careful about spewing negativity towards the twins right now, you could end up looking very silly when their game magically re-appears next season.

no worries...it's a young man's game and the Sedins are old and are only getting older...not like the Tkachuks of the world who are young and only getting better.

1 minute ago, Kevin Biestra said:

The other guy answered it pretty well on my behalf.

It's smart season tickets renewal business, it's bad winning the Cup business.

Actually, no he didn't. I seriously doubt that we will have a salary cap problem two years from now and let's for argument sake say that we give him a $5M contract till age 26 (year before he hits free agency). If we give him the same contract the following year he would still have a $5M contract expiring when he is 26. The ONLY year that it would impact the Canucks' cap would be for the 2019/20 season when his existing contract calls for him to hit RFA status.. I really doubt that one season, two years from now, will create any type of cap problems for us.

I would have been worried if it had meant he would reach UFA a year earlier but that is not the case here.

31 minutes ago, terrible.dee said:

Yeah, well...

image.jpeg

13 minutes ago, terrible.dee said:

it would also seem you are incapable of presenting anything of substance in reply to my points.

Further to that your question suggests you may not even understand what I'm talking about.

Regardless, it would seem I have upset you.....and though that wasn't my intention it's amusing none the less....

....Dance puppet dance! :)

Oh, you wound me so. 

Archived