The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Canucks interested in Darren Radysh

3 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

All of those are completely different situations. 

1. Burrows was on an expiring contract

2. Sutter was costing the Pens too much money

3. Weber was too old

4. Nashville already had Weber on the right side back then. Now they have Subban. Jones was a surplus player. They landed their first #1 center in franchise history with that move. 

5. Kessel and Phaneuf were moved as part of the dismantling of the sh*t core that Nonis and Burke built for the Leafs. So was Clarkson. The Leafs were lucky they got rid of all three of those guys. Kessel went on to win the Stanley Cup and Phaneuf is having a good year in Ottawa, but still. 

Nylander is on an ELC. Nylander is one of the Leafs top scorers. He's only 20 years old. No way the Leafs trade Nylander under any circumstances. He's their future along with Marner and Matthews. 

You completely fail to make a point in whcih they wouldn't trade him.

19th for GAA and one of the most porous defensive structures right now of any playoff teams.

If local boy Tanev, former Babcock favorite from international play was dangled with his contract to them they trade him hands down without flinching.  Nylander a healthy scratch who was bburied on the 4th line numerous times this year.

Ya...they'd trade the rookie to bring their GAA down by 15-20 goals a season

Please no more defensemen unless its an absolute sure thing.  This team has a multitude of young D in the pipe and currently on the roster.

Focus on the forward group.  If we are taking chances, take them on forwards, specifically centers and players with size.

5 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Trade arguably our best defenceman and valued trade asset for a 23-year-old $6mil reclamation project?

Tanev does have a concerning injury tendency starting to build. With the success of Granlund and Baertschi maybe that is the price to get a 2C?

Doesn't have to be RNH necessarily though I don't think you can expect that much more for Tanev if you want a proven guy coming back rather than a pick or prospect. Who did you have in mind on who to target this offseason for that 2C role to take pressure off Horvat in the future?

4 hours ago, Borvat said:

Please no more defensemen unless its an absolute sure thing.  This team has a multitude of young D in the pipe and currently on the roster.

Focus on the forward group.  If we are taking chances, take them on forwards, specifically centers and players with size.

I think defence is great currency to have teams have payed a premium for defensemen look at some of the deals that involves a forward for D.

12 hours ago, Warhippy said:

19th for GAA and one of the most porous defensive structures right now of any playoff teams.

If local boy Tanev, former Babcock favorite from international play was dangled with his contract to them they trade him hands down without flinching.  Nylander a healthy scratch who was bburied on the 4th line numerous times this year.

Ya...they'd trade the rookie to bring their GAA down by 15-20 goals a season

Nylander was no more stapled to the 4th line than Horvat was for us. In WN's case just the odd message to keep his play honest? 

He's playing 15 minutes a game and 2 minutes on the PP on most nights now down the stretch. As they position for a play off spot. That's Babcock giving him a decent role.

22 goals and 60 points would each lead our team.  

17 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

When I look at the Canucks most glaring holes Top 6 Playmaking center tips the list,followed by OFD man who can QB the pp, then comes adding some size and finally general depth.

The reason I think Nugent Hopkins could be a good back up plan if the Canucks miss out on Mittelstadt.

The Canucks have found success with Granlund and Baertschi who found their form with a change of scenery.

RNH is soft and has a big price tag. So does Louis Ericsson though.

Nugent Hopkins at the very least is a proven playmaking point producing 2nd line center.

My son is a big Oilers fan and knows his hockey. He has cooled on RNH in a big way over the past 2 seasons. As you pointed out he is soft which when you consider the size of the Oilers should not be that big a deal. The big issue seems to be how much RNH turns the puck, especially in his d-zone. For whatever reason when I see RENH I always think of Kyle Turris in Ottawa. I take Turris hands down.

If Tanev is moved IMHO the objective should be acquiring a 1C prospect. Benning should be looking at this year and if no suitable player is available in the draft he should defer and look at 2018.  

1 hour ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Nylander was no more stapled to the 4th line than Horvat was for us. In WN's case just the odd message to keep his play honest? 

He's playing 15 minutes a game and 2 minutes on the PP on most nights now down the stretch. As they position for a play off spot. That's Babcock giving him a decent role.

22 goals and 60 points would each lead our team.  

And?

Tanev would immediately slot in to Torontos top pairing.

Whats that worth 

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

And?

Tanev would immediately slot in to Torontos top pairing.

Whats that worth 

Personally, I dont want to trade Tanev. I think we need him. I would consider Edler, Hutton if Alex won't waive. Not Chris Tanev.

But I don't believe he will command Nylander either. There will be more exciting players in the market. A team like Carolina could offer a guy, maybe a few, almost as good in their end. Maybe just as good? Justin Falk is rumored available. Who would be younger, bigger, stronger, faster and offer better potential two blue lines North!

On 4/3/2017 at 4:03 PM, Chip Kelly said:

Just throwing this out there... Would a Tanny for RHN deal make sense in the same breadth of the Hall/Larsson deal?

Would Canucks need to add a good pick or decent prospect to sweeten the deal?

No cause we have Dahlén and Gaudette coming so why trade for another center that we do not need

6 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

No cause we have Dahlén and Gaudette coming so why trade for another center that we do not need

Dahlen projects more as a wing due to his smallish size like Granlund and Goldobin is similar to Baertschi.

They still need that 2C to support Horvat.

Gaudette is 2-3 years away from being NHL ready and there is no guarantee being a 5th round pick that he will be an offensive player rather than a checker.

On April 3, 2017 at 11:55 PM, Chip Kelly said:

Tanev does have a concerning injury tendency starting to build. With the success of Granlund and Baertschi maybe that is the price to get a 2C?

Doesn't have to be RNH necessarily though I don't think you can expect that much more for Tanev if you want a proven guy coming back rather than a pick or prospect. Who did you have in mind on who to target this offseason for that 2C role to take pressure off Horvat in the future?

I don't wan't RNH for Tanev for many reasons. 

Reason1: He's soft we have a lot of soft fwds in our top 9 already 

Reason2: He's over paid the very last thing I would want to do is help EDM with their cap re signing Leon and McD.

Reason3: We could just draft a better option for our future 1/2C this year or next. 

Reason4: If I'm gonna have to watch Edmonton score goals against us I would at least like us to be able to score a few against them in return. 

Reason5: He makes Edmonton easier to play against and we play them a lot. 

14 hours ago, guntrix said:

I'm all for free prospects but if he signs, how many spots will we have left? 1? 2? Dangerously close considering all the free agents we'll have. 

Right now Cap Friendly says we have used 49 contracts. After July 1st we will be down to 33, but with numerous RFA's to sign. With any luck Benning will release the contract fillers IE Megna (never mind, we resigned him) Chaput, Shore. ect. ect. So as of right now we have 1 spot, after ED we have 2 before free agency starts. We only have until June 1st to sign players like Neill, Olson, or any other 2015 draft pick unsigned or they re-enter the draft, not sure why we wouldn't look at our own picks before handing our last contract spot to an overager

1 hour ago, Sedinery33 said:

We only have until June 1st to sign players like Neill, Olson, or any other 2015 draft pick unsigned or they re-enter the draft,

You're probably referring to the CHL draftees here anyway but figured I should still say that this wouldn't apply to 2015 picks Zhukenov, Jasek, and Gaudette, whose rights all extend to 2019.

2 hours ago, Sedinery33 said:

Right now Cap Friendly says we have used 49 contracts. After July 1st we will be down to 33, but with numerous RFA's to sign. With any luck Benning will release the contract fillers IE Megna (never mind, we resigned him) Chaput, Shore. ect. ect. So as of right now we have 1 spot, after ED we have 2 before free agency starts. We only have until June 1st to sign players like Neill, Olson, or any other 2015 draft pick unsigned or they re-enter the draft, not sure why we wouldn't look at our own picks before handing our last contract spot to an overager

I think some of those are sliding contracts. If I recall, we're 'officially' at 47 presently.

A bunch of fringe guys aren't likely to be back next year either.

Archived