• Announcements

    • StealthNuck

      Forum-specific Rules   07/11/2017

      These are board specific rules for the Trades and Rumors forum designed to provide organization and a better experience for everyone. Please review these rules before posting new threads. 
        THREAD ETIQUETTE   1. Please search for an existing thread before posting. This forum can be very fast moving, so it's understandable if redundant threads are inadvertently posted. In such a case, please use the report feature to request removal of redundant threads.    2. Provide a clearly identifiable topic title so that users can readily understand the content. The title should include any and all teams involved, as well as player names or other personnel involved as appropriate.   3. All trades, signings, rumors and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread. Moderators may remove low-quality threads in favour of high-quality threads. 

      Affixed to the front of your title should be a label that identifies the type of transaction that is taking place. For all trades use [TRADE]. For all signings use [SIGNING]. For all waiver-wire transactions use [WAIVERS]. For all rumours use [RUMOUR].
      For articles or news items that don't fit into the above categories, affix an appropriate label of your choice such as [NEWS], [ARTICLE] or [MISC].   4. When the status of a thread changes a new thread can be created. The new thread should reflect the change and help focus the discussion on current events. e.g. Someone may create a new thread when a rumor becomes a trades. The old thread will be locked by the moderating team.    5. Do not misrepresent the contents of your thread or post false trades or rumors. Trolling will result in a permanent suspension. 

      SOURCES   The following source types are considered INVALID. Any links to posts or threads on other message boards Any links to personal blogs Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video Any news spread by word of mouth
      Additionally, certain sources may be be blacklisted due to poor credentials, clear traffic-mongering etc. Blacklisted sources will be posted here. 
      Thank you for your co-operation and please PM the Administrator or Moderators if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding this forum.
Bur14Kes17

(Rumour) Canucks interested in Darren Radysh

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, J.R. said:

I think some of those are sliding contracts. If I recall, we're 'officially' at 47 presently.

 

A bunch of fringe guys aren't likely to be back next year either.

49 according to CapFriendly - they already account for players in juniors.  There are 51 contracts this season with Brisebois and Juolevi but they don't count.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mll said:

49 according to CapFriendly - they already account for players in juniors.  There are 51 contracts this season with Brisebois and Juolevi but they don't count.

Thanks, must have been 47 before Molino etc. Memory's not what it used to be :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, J.R. said:

I think some of those are sliding contracts. If I recall, we're 'officially' at 47 presently.

 

A bunch of fringe guys aren't likely to be back next year either.

With Chatfield and MacEwen contracts kicking in next year and Joulevi and Brisebois on slid we are still sitting at 49 players under contract for this year. With the recent signings of Boeser, Molino and Shore we used up whatever extra contract spots we had. Hopefully some of our UFA's are left to walk (Larsson) and even some of our RFA's that don't have the upside once seen, Chaput, Zalewski and Nilsson

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-03-25 at 6:51 PM, morrissex95 said:

Can't believe this guy didn't get drafted.

 

Lock 'em up JB 

 

You can't believe a guy you've never heard of never got drafted based on your glance of his junior stats?

 

yeah he must be the next Bure, sign him to whatever he wants, quick!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Davathor said:

 

You can't believe a guy you've never heard of never got drafted based on your glance of his junior stats?

 

yeah he must be the next Bure, sign him to whatever he wants, quick!

He's got the pedigree with his brother Taylor getting drafted in the 3rd round by the Lightning. 

 

It's not exactly a stretch that a team would take a flyer on him in the 7th round

 

Both Brandon Tanev and Chris Tanev were undrafted and they're both looking like bonafide NHL players. Not exactly as a stretch that someone would sign this guy to a "show-me" entry level deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This D man is on a stacked team with lots of talent..He is 21 yrs old, sorry we have lots of prospects as good or better...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

the fate of Carl Neill and Tate Olsen lies in this signing.

Yup. I can't figure out what the Canucks are doing with contracts at this point. It's like they're planning to let every RFA walk and fill Utica with marginal junior over-agers. 

 

It's too bad, because Olson looks like a solid gamble. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Yup. I can't figure out what the Canucks are doing with contracts at this point. It's like they're planning to let every RFA walk and fill Utica with marginal junior over-agers. 

 

It's too bad, because Olson looks like a solid gamble. 

I say relax. We're still in April. No sense in thinking we won't still sign some of those RFA's as a lot can happen between now and September. It's not like we're over 50 contracts at the moment. Perhaps there just won't be a lot of signings in free agency, we trade away a player or 2, loose a couple of contracts to free agency, and end up around the same.

 

I think too much focus is sometimes on how many contracts we have; yet, I'm pretty sure management's aware of it. Just saying. ;)

Edited by The Lock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Yup. I can't figure out what the Canucks are doing with contracts at this point. It's like they're planning to let every RFA walk and fill Utica with marginal junior over-agers. 

 

It's too bad, because Olson looks like a solid gamble. 

I think if there's a "better" player out there, you try to upgrade as frequently and as often as you can. 

Meaning, if Raddysh is a better quality prospect, then you take him over Olson/Neil. 

Though with that being said, I like Neil and his chances of becoming a pro and making it to the NHL. 

Olson is still a long shot...

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick soht by D. Radysh at the end of the 1st, with 0.2 secs left. He was pinched on the powerplay, put it short side.

 

Anyone else watching this one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds as though we have a pretty good shot.  Enables us to clear out more of the D fodder in Utica... except Negrin, of course :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Yup. I can't figure out what the Canucks are doing with contracts at this point. It's like they're planning to let every RFA walk and fill Utica with marginal junior over-agers. 

 

It's too bad, because Olson looks like a solid gamble. 

Seems like he might have more upside than Olsen, pretty similar to Neill actually.

 

Not worried about contracts, I think we see some trades this summer and some guys walk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 3:11 PM, The Lock said:

I say relax. We're still in April. No sense in thinking we won't still sign some of those RFA's as a lot can happen between now and September. It's not like we're over 50 contracts at the moment. Perhaps there just won't be a lot of signings in free agency, we trade away a player or 2, loose a couple of contracts to free agency, and end up around the same.

 

I think too much focus is sometimes on how many contracts we have; yet, I'm pretty sure management's aware of it. Just saying. ;)

The reason for all the 50 contract talks is... An NHL team can only have 50 standard player contracts on the books at any time. Right now we sit at 48, with 2 slide contracts and have to sign any CHL 2015 draft pick by June 1st or they will reenter this years draft. So if we want to retain Olson and Niell we don't have room for Raddysh or others and vise versa. Because we need to sign them before June 1st they will count against our contract cap this season, thus we cannot wait to see who resigns, who walks on July 1st. Best hope would be that we don't offer them a contract, they do not get re drafted and we offer them a contract to play in Utica, then a player contract with Canucks if they prove they are ready to make that jump

Edited by Sedinery33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Sedinery33 said:

Because we need to sign them before June 1st they will count against our contract cap this season,

Not as I read the CBA. Clubs need to make their "Bona Fide Offer" of a contract before the rights expire. However, said contract need only "commence at the start of the next League Year." This is the terminology you see used in Article 8 of the CBA. 

 

So so as I read the CBA, Olson and Neill can be signed to 2017-18 effective contracts (which would only count against next year's 50 man limit), so long as the signing date on the contract is June 1st, 2017 or earlier.

 

A recent example would be Jordan Subban. Drafted in 2013. Signed on May 16th, 2015. And his contract commenced at the start of the 2015-16 season.

 

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/jordan-subban

 

Extending this to Olson/Neill, these players were drafted 2015. They would need to be signed by June 1st, 2017. And to 2017-18 effective contracts (which would count against the 2017-18 limit).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Not as I read the CBA. Clubs need to make their "Bona Fide Offer" of a contract before the rights expire. However, said contract need only "commence at the start of the next League Year." This is the terminology you see used in Article 8 of the CBA. 

 

So so as I read the CBA, Olson and Neill can be signed to 2017-18 effective contracts (which would only count against next year's 50 man limit), so long as the signing date on the contract is June 1st, 2017 or earlier.

 

A recent example would be Jordan Subban. Drafted in 2013. Signed on May 16th, 2015. And his contract commenced at the start of the 2015-16 season.

 

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/jordan-subban

 

Extending this to Olson/Neill, these players were drafted 2015. They would need to be signed by June 1st, 2017. And to 2017-18 effective contracts (which would count against the 2017-18 limit).

Thanks for the clarification. I'm sure 1 of these 2 is better than 1 or 2 of the current Utica horde of D they have with expiring contracts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#RoomForRadysh

Hope he see's the spots opening up and jumps at the chance to play some AHL and NHL games in the next couple years.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.