The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Canucks interested in Darren Radysh

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

Anyone have updates on potential Raddysh signing?

Erie's season is not over - they're going to the OHL Championship vs Miss.

But there are these quotes to hold you over:

On 2017-04-19 at 8:56 AM, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

Erie's season is not over - they're going to the OHL Championship vs Miss.

But there are these quotes to hold you over:

Weird...for some reason I thought they lost... :blink:

Thanks for the quotes though!

Just figured Botchford's article from a couple days back was worth a read for anyone who missed it. Nothing "new" here per se, but nice to see mainstream press confirming we're still very much in the mix for Raddysh: 

https://www.google.ca/amp/vancouversun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/jason-botchford-canucks-otter-think-hard-about-free-agent-darren-raddysh/amp

As an aside, this whole waiting until he finishes playing deal is kind of annoying for an overage free agent in the CHL. Makes perfect sense when it's an NCAA kid, but Raddysh can sign at any time and it doesn't impact his eligibility to play junior hockey.

But what about focus, you might ask. And yeah, players like to focus on the games and not contracts. But Raddysh has made  favourable sounding quotes about the Canucks. And it's not like he needs to do much deep thinking about the numbers in his ELC. So if he's happy with Vancouver, just have the agent ink a deal, get a text when it's done, and get back to playing hockey.

The whole waiting around bit just bugs me. But whatever. /rant

Come on JB, this would be a huge replacement for Tryamkin and give us a puck mover instantly. 21, he'd slot into the AHL and hopefully our management can promise him some NHL time this year which is more than most teams can. Over a PPG in the OHL this year (albeit for a 21 year old) and PPG in the playoffs, he could easily end up scoring 30 in his rookie year if he can play and shutdown big strong forwards which will be the trick.

On May 7, 2017 at 4:28 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Just figured Botchford's article from a couple days back was worth a read for anyone who missed it. Nothing "new" here per se, but nice to see mainstream press confirming we're still very much in the mix for Raddysh: 

https://www.google.ca/amp/vancouversun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/jason-botchford-canucks-otter-think-hard-about-free-agent-darren-raddysh/amp

As an aside, this whole waiting until he finishes playing deal is kind of annoying for an overage free agent in the CHL. Makes perfect sense when it's an NCAA kid, but Raddysh can sign at any time and it doesn't impact his eligibility to play junior hockey.

But what about focus, you might ask. And yeah, players like to focus on the games and not contracts. But Raddysh has made  favourable sounding quotes about the Canucks. And it's not like he needs to do much deep thinking about the numbers in his ELC. So if he's happy with Vancouver, just have the agent ink a deal, get a text when it's done, and get back to playing hockey.

The whole waiting around bit just bugs me. But whatever. /rant

I think Linden and Benning have shown they will give guys space to concentrate on their playing first and then get into the deal later when the seasons done. Worked well with Boeser to leave him alone until he was ready. Thats probably all it is. He already knows he'll get a decent ELC so not really much to negotiate. 

Just now, S'all Good Man said:

I think Linden and Benning have shown they will give guys space to concentrate on their playing first and then get into the deal later when the seasons done. Worked well with Boeser to leave him alone until he was ready. Thats probably all it is. He already knows he'll get a decent ELC so not really much to negotiate. 

I know. It's mostly just annoying for me. I'm impatient and want my daily fix of roster news.

51 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I know. It's mostly just annoying for me. I'm impatient and want my daily fix of roster news.

Ultimately it doesn't have any benefit for the player to do it early if the deal is already decided or agreed upon in principle.

Logistically, if you will be bombarded by interview requests, might as well wait for your schedule to free up.

I'm saying, there are good reasons to make you suffer.

On 2017-05-09 at 0:26 PM, theminister said:

Ultimately it doesn't have any benefit for the player to do it early if the deal is already decided or agreed upon in principle.

Logistically, if you will be bombarded by interview requests, might as well wait for your schedule to free up.

I'm saying, there are good reasons to make you suffer.

Yes - it's not really the team player thing to do - to sign now and create a distraction focusing on his future - when he has an immediate team task at hand - which was to win the OHL championship - and now to win the Memorial Cup.

Character thing to do is address this after he's done with Erie.

Archived