The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Canucks interested in Darren Radysh

4 minutes ago, J.R. said:

We actually had a pretty crowded blue line with Tryamkin sitting and Stech starting in the A. Injuries and Larsen not translating led to weakened depth as the year went on but to start we had 'too much' depth if anything.

Talking about the 2015-16 season...either way, we can't sign everyone. Getting Raddysh and maybe Kerfoot as free agents is a huge win for us if it happens. 

On 2017-05-24 at 9:21 AM, Canucks Curse said:

we "couldn't find the cap space", yet we let Jovo go the next year for free

I don't care that we didn't get Rob Neidermayer.

Jovo on the other hand...

6 hours ago, TheHitman said:

We were thin on the blueline and our forward group last year and Caggiula/Zaitsev/Benning/Shipyachov still passed on us.

Toronto had weak defense ....zaitsev went there and was the 2nd best dman.

Edmonton ...also weak on defense...Benning saw best of his oppertunity...went there. He would not have cracked canucks lineup.

Caggiula ..i dont even care anymore he was barely noticable on ice expect fr a couple of big playoff goals..thought he was gonna play on wing with mcjesus ..got trolled.

Shipachyov ....no other team could offer a better role and oppertunity

On 5/24/2017 at 11:38 AM, Hutton Wink said:

Yeah, well they don't count for anything.  Fact is, of late we've done just fine with signing college and junior FAs, especially considering here are 29 other teams competing for the same limited pool.

Garteig -- one of if not top G out of college

Stecher -- prob top D out of college

Chatfield -- called best shutdown D in OHL

Molino -- none to shabby so far

Holm -- SHL +/- leader

...but the Oilers, Leafs, Rangers, and Hawks always take every player we want... or did we "know" he was coming here?

Haven't seen anything saying we're out of the mix so I'd say we're still in on Raddysh. He was interviewed yesterday and was still listening to offers (or at least his reps were listening since Raddysh has been focused on hockey). Nothing decided yet. 

EDIT: I kinda expect it'll be wrapped up this week. I'd speculate we're third in line, probably after Tampa (because of Taylor) and Toronto (hometown), so it'll depend on whether or not those teams make offers. 

18 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Haven't seen anything saying we're out of the mix so I'd say we're still in on Raddysh. He was interviewed yesterday and was still listening to offers (or at least his reps were listening since Raddysh has been focused on hockey). Nothing decided yet. 

EDIT: I kinda expect it'll be wrapped up this week. I'd speculate we're third in line, probably after Tampa (because of Taylor) and Toronto (hometown), so it'll depend on whether or not those teams make offers. 

I guess if TO wants him its hard to beat that... either way he's starting in the AHL next season so being in the AHL at home in TO vs. Utica might be a big factor for him. He may have a faster path on the right side with us tho if Tanev gets move this year or next and that bottom right side opens up. 

1 hour ago, Salmonberries said:

I'm beginning to think this rumor is horse Raddysh.

Pretty sure Raddysh will sign by weeks end.. Sounds like the Canucks were coveting him early this year,. That can leave a lasting impression on an undrafted/overage player..

lets hope it does, the young man will be a solid d man where ever he lands.

1 minute ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Win some you lose some...... just wouldn't mind seeing us win one for a change.. let me guess he wants to play with Connor Mcdavid? 

Can't blame him can we. Looking at our 2016-2017 season hard to see why any young prospect would want to come here.

But we did 'win' one in Philip Holm.  Not exactly a huge prize but he did pick us over the Hawks so I guess that's something.

Archived