The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

1 more year to go before we start talking playoffs.

Hortankin

1 more year  

260 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Now that's not to say we don't get a surprise next year and actually make it. I just wouldn't count on it.

Our current roster when healthy

Baertschi Horvat Boeser 

Sedin Sedin Granlund

Eriksson Sutter Boucher

Skille Gaunce/Chaput Megna

Edler Tanev

Tryamkin Stecher

Hutton Gudbranson

Larson Biega

Miller 

Markstrom

There are so many different  scenerios that can play out so I'm just going to discuss my hopeful scenerio and we can discuss more scenerio in the thread.

Come draft lottery we win a top 2 pick and land NP or Hischier, which is what I am praying for but likely won't happen. Our top 3 lines before any other transactions look solid already.

Baertschi Horvat Boeser

Goldobin Hischier/NP Granlund

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

Virtanen Sutter Dahlen?

Sedins agree to become rentals at the deadline and also agree to be traded to separate teams and return on a cheap 2-3 year contract in the Offseason. 

Then the following year our young guys will be that much better and with a new coach (hopefully Crawford) they will be ready to begin an era.

Virtanen Horvat Boeser (new WCE line)

Goldobin Hischier Dahlen

Granlund Sutter Boucher/Gaudette?

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

Tryamkin Stecher

Hutton Gudbranson

Juolevi Tanev

Miller/Markstrom

Demko

Thats our 2018-2019 roster I've been predicting we win in 2020 our 50th annaversary and by then all the young guys will be in their prime and ready to compete real hard.

Virtanen Horvat Boeser 

Goldobin Hischier Dahlen

Granlund Sutter Gaudette

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

Juolevi Gudbranson 

Tryamkin Stecher

Hutton Tanev

Demko

Gartieg/Markstrom

3 minutes ago, Iced Canucks said:

6 million (plus) on the 4th line is expensive enough! 

Don't forget players like Dahlen, Goldobin, Boeser, Gaudette, Juolevi, and so on will be on show me contracts. When we have high flying cheap young guys playing great hockey and the Sedins and Eriksson playing against 4th liners, we will be a very very tough team to beat

2 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Next year will be worse than this year. There's pain coming.

This^

Do people not remember how many times miller saved our butts and got us the W? Next year we are a top 3 picking team and i'm totally fine with that.

I agree, one more year until the playoffs and a few more until this team starts to consistently become in the above average to great range.

As it stands, this team really isn't as bad as some people think. A few important pieces are still missing but once the young guys really start to put everything together....look out.

Just now, Silky mitts said:

This^

Do people not remember how many times miller saved our butts and got us the W? Next year we are a top 3 picking team and i'm totally fine with that.

Isn't next year's draft supposed to be better, especially at the top?  

Just now, Silky mitts said:

This^

I like your profile picture!

Reality is we will be worse on D, worse in goal, and worse on forward. 

The real question is can they finish last or do this garbage they are doing now and get a 4-8 pick?

19 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

Thats our 2018-2019 roster I've been predicting we win in 2020 our 50th annaversary and by then all the young guys will be in their prime and ready to compete real hard.

Virtanen Horvat Boeser 

Goldobin Hischier Dahlen

Granlund Sutter Gaudette

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

Juolevi Gudbranson 

Tryamkin Stecher

Hutton Tanev

Demko

Gartieg/Markstrom

That is some good old fashion hoping Hortankin

I am thinking the Sedin's will be gone in 2 years, as they are just not producing enough for anything close to what they are making and I don't see them taking a minimum 50% discount

Tanev or possibly Hutton gets moved in a prospects and picks move sometime at the draft or just after the Expansion Draft...rumor Reinhart is still a possibility

Think Necas/Petterson or Liljegrin/Makar this draft, and grab Nolan/Hischier/Vilardi if we luck out

Also, I don't see Brisebois in your plans and I think he looks great

You are also discounting any growth from any of our other young prospects.....Lockwood/Suban/Cassels/MacEwen/McEneny or any of our future 2nds, never mind any moves Benning makes......but I get your point and it does look promising......that is why Benning has to be carefull not to elevate our team too fast.....he needs to give us one more top end draft (2018 1st OA) Good Hoping! lol

I don't imagine we'll be a legitimate threat to make the playoffs for at least a couple more seasons, the young guys are still gonna be improving but we're probably gonna be bottom feeders for a while longer before things get better. Not the end of the world though, it was gonna happen sooner or later?

Archived