The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

1 more year to go before we start talking playoffs.

Hortankin

1 more year  

260 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 minutes ago, Mathew Barzal said:

I think we'll be in the playoff race next year, which isn't a good thing.

Really. How? Horvat gonna get 100 points and carry the team?

We don't have a first line now, and that won't change next year. I don't see how we will be in the race at all.

Sedins are ineffective, and Horvat needs wingers for a first line.  We don't have a strong enough offense to be in playoff race.

This team needs to take its time. They will need to spend on ufa's if we are to be a playoff team next year. I don't like that aproach. I however am not the owners so who knows. I think the kids will be a few years before their pushing for the playoffs. 

This year has been a successful one for a rebuilding club.

Bo , Bear , Granlund , Stecher , Hutton and Tryamkin have all progressed. We are getting a glimpse of Boeser and Jake is making head way in Utica. We have added Goldobin and Dahlen plus we look to draft reasonable high this year. We have all of our top round draft picks and could also get the 2nd that we are owed from Torts.

lol we'll not be in the playoff conversation anytime soon.. our defense is actually not that great.. we are bottom 5 for shots against... that's a recipe for disaster.. and it's not like we are letting other team just shoot from the perimeter either.. a lot of shots against us are high scoring chances.. and that's with a relatively healthy defense minus gudbranson who i don't think will make a difference.. Millers actually been playing great lately with the high shots against.. if he's just average.. we prolly get blown out in a lot of the games.. do u actually see this team able to out score their opponent to compete for a playoff spot? we are giving up close to 3 goals a game avg lol meaning we need to avg 3+ goals scored per game.. with our currently lineup or projected lineup for next year? ya.. that's not happening.. lol

9 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

I do think if we can keep the speed and offence going with the kids, there's a decent shot at the 2nd wildcard spot. 

It's going to be hard, other teams in the division like Arizona,Coil, Plegms are not going to flatline. Even Denver might get it figured out. Problem with this team has been a lack of scoring from the back end, you need that to compete in this league.

11 hours ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Really. How? Horvat gonna get 100 points and carry the team?

We don't have a first line now, and that won't change next year. I don't see how we will be in the race at all.

Sedins are ineffective, and Horvat needs wingers for a first line.  We don't have a strong enough offense to be in playoff race.

You are bang on sir. I do expect Van goal tending to be as good whether Miller or Markstrom. The d-core will have another year of experience and that is a plus. The weakness is still in the forward group and will be for several years. As bad as the Twins's year has been for their standards it will be an exception to see them come back with a stronger season. It will be their last year. It is convenient to suggest that Horvat and who plays with him will be the #1 line. The issue will be who will be the #2 and #3 lines. I am not saying there is no potential but it will take years to flesh that out.

1 hour ago, theilluminati said:

So by the OP's "logic" the Canucks will be:

2017-18 bottom-feeder

2018-19 playoffs

2019-2020 Cup

Oh and any of the rosters that the OP listed have one of the softest top 9's in the West and all of the NHL really.

Aye sounds stupid....and yet Blue Jackets looks a bit like that just now don't they?

For the record, I don't believe we are there yet...

Archived