The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017-2018 season

Sherthng

Reality check time for the few of you out there that think we are fixed when we draft a center this spring. And to the every day complainers that we aren't doing enough..... relax, Benning is actually getting us turned around, but it can't be done in 2 years, those no trade clauses make everything take so much longer.

Looking at our current contracts ( signed for term and who is waiver exempt), who we are most likely drafting (5-8th pick), who we will most likely loose to Vegas (sbisa), and who we are unfortunately most likely trading (hutton).

Here is what our opening day line up will most likely be. (unless of injury) lol . Sure there might be small variation but this will not be a playoff team again, and you know what?

I'm ok with it. We are getting the pieces that we need and in a few years we will be a decent team again,

Baertchi Horvat Eriksson

Sedin Sedin Grandlund

Rodin Sutter Boeser

Boucher Gaunce Doresett

Chaput, Cramarosa

Edler Stetcher

Tryamkin Tanev

Juolevi Gudbranson

Biega

hey look at this we have an ahl team with draft picks and prospects... wow!!!! starting to happen!!!!

AHL

Goldobin Valk Archibald

Dhalen  kunyk Virtanen

Mckewan Cassels yan-pavel plant

stukel zhukenov mckenzie

carcone labate etc

Subban McEney

Briesbrois Saunter

Neill Nilsson

Robak Chatfield

ncaa

Adam gaudette "future player" if you talk to any scout!

will lockwood decent prospect

Watch the games, enjoy the games, Its just a game!!! go phone your grandma and tell her you love her!

49 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

What makes you think Rodin will want to come back to the Canucks?

And why do you think we're destined to trade Hutton? He has shown potential.

Yup, Hutton has been playing excellent recently. He has tons of offensive potential and he will work hard this offseason. One of the guys I'm going to be excited to watch next season!

Don't mind what you did but think we are going to sign at least one short term UFA. Pretty sure Rodin is going to go back to go overseas, but you never know. Rather have Brock in Utica and Goldy on the big club. Or both in Utica. Also think Virtanen might come to camp and push for a spot. But i do think one of Goldy, Virt, Boeser will be on the Canucks. Gaunce to Vegas. Sbisa and Hutton traded.

Baertschi-Horvat-Boucher

Sedin-Sedin-Granlund

Virt/Goldy/Boeser-Sutter-Eriksson

Crammer-Chaput-Labate

Edler-Stetcher

Juolevi-Tanev

Tryamkin-Gudbranson

Biega

2 hours ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Rodin didn't get his chance, he is found money if he turns out. he was the best playmaker/ goal scorer in the shl. its unfortunate it didn't work out this year but I think they give one more chance, could be a great find. plus he's cheap he has to prove himself. if he doesn't pan out they got young guys in utica that can go up and down with out waivers, its the smart play..

benning has been saying he is looking to trade a defensemen for the last  month " its our teams strength"lol. I like hutton as mentioned before, but edler is locked down, tanev is too good, unless they get an incredible trade. they just got guddy and are super high on him, stetcher isn't being traded and either is big 88 biega is perfect 7th man

edler stetcher

trymakin tanev

?            gudbranson

juolevi is too good for junior.... guess what that means europe or here, I'm guessing they keep him on small ice. bring him in gradually.

thanks for the hate response :)

2 hours ago, J-23 said:

Yup, Hutton has been playing excellent recently. He has tons of offensive potential and he will work hard this offseason. One of the guys I'm going to be excited to watch next season!

i hope so too, but someone will get moved on the left side.

4 hours ago, Sherthng said:

Reality check time for the few of you out there that think we are fixed when we draft a center this spring. And to the every day complainers that we aren't doing enough..... relax, Benning is actually getting us turned around, but it can't be done in 2 years, those no trade clauses make everything take so much longer.

Looking at our current contracts ( signed for term and who is waiver exempt), who we are most likely drafting (5-8th pick), who we will most likely loose to Vegas (sbisa), and who we are unfortunately most likely trading (hutton).

Here is what our opening day line up will most likely be. (unless of injury) lol . Sure there might be small variation but this will not be a playoff team again, and you know what?

I'm ok with it. We are getting the pieces that we need and in a few years we will be a decent team again,

Watch the games, enjoy the games, Its just a game!!! go phone your grandma and tell her you love her!

Uh huh. Thanks for hitting me with a dose of that reality.

Well reasoned piece, OP.  Didn't deserve the negatives.

Not sure about Loui with the B's  -  I think we might see him on Sutter's line, and Boeser with Baertschi and Bo.

And I can see Skille and Shore being brought back, with perhaps Dorsett being trade bait.

I see you have given up on Grenier.

4 hours ago, J-23 said:

True but I think it will be Edler, I think he will waive to a contender.

But will a contender want to trade for Edler before the expansion draft? If not, and we lose Sbisa in expansion, do we still want to move Edler (losing two left side guys)?

12 hours ago, appleboy said:

All they have to do is qualify him. He is an rfa.

He is a UFA.  

Age 25, has been under a NHL contract for 3 years (2 with the Wolves and this season) and has not played 80 NHL games - it makes him a group VI UFA.  Same thing happened with Kenins last season.

16 hours ago, Adarsh Sant said:

I think Hutton is a gamer. I think in 2 years time he will also be a physically strong, ass kicker on our team - he is never slow to jump in. 

So I don't see how we can afford to go forward without him.

16 hours ago, Adarsh Sant said:

I had the same questions. If the Canucks lose Sbisa I don't see why they would have to trade Hutton. 

I'm not so sure that we see Rodin back. Maybe he is, that's great but I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to play in Europe again. I'm hoping we see Virtanen back with a vengeance next year.

1 hour ago, mll said:

He is a UFA.  

Age 25, has been under a NHL contract for 3 years (2 with the Wolves and this season) and has not played 80 NHL games - it makes him a group VI UFA.  Same thing happened with Kenins last season.

Cap Freindly says he is a RFA for 2017-2018.

That is what I am going by.

9 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Cap Freindly says he is a RFA for 2017-2018.

That is what I am going by.

Actually they show that he is a group VI UFA - if you click on his name you can see the contract note.  They simply haven't adjusted the colour coding.

35 minutes ago, mll said:

Actually they show that he is a group VI UFA - if you click on his name you can see the contract note.  They simply haven't adjusted the colour coding.

You are right. The main spread sheat shows him as an rfa but their is notes below that say ufa.

I am also working off my phone.

Archived