The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Ottawa Affiliate Binghampton Signs Colin White to ATO

Looks like the Sens have convinced White to go the ATO route with Binghampton first in order to get the remaining AHL regular season games and playoffs under his belt. This would have been the preferred route for Boeser too of course.

http://www.durhamregion.com/sports-story/7209799-colin-white-signs-deal-with-senators/

1 hour ago, Salmonberries said:

Looks like the Sens have convinced White to go the ATO route with Binghampton first in order to get the remaining AHL regular season games and playoffs under his belt. This would have been the preferred route for Boeser too of course.

http://www.durhamregion.com/sports-story/7209799-colin-white-signs-deal-with-senators/

Good on the Sens for getting this deal. I also would have preferred Boeser to the Comets as they're still playing for something and that's probably the better environment to be in. However these college guys really have the upper hand and maybe Boeser doesn't sign unless it's the way Benning did it. Then you run the risk of him getting closer to UFA status and you lose him just because you didn't want to burn a year on his ELC.

2 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Good on the Sens for getting this deal. I also would have preferred Boeser to the Comets as they're still playing for something and that's probably the better environment to be in. However these college guys really have the upper hand and maybe Boeser doesn't sign unless it's the way Benning did it. Then you run the risk of him getting closer to UFA status and you lose him just because you didn't want to burn a year on his ELC.

Yeah, I guess Boeser must have thought it better to burn an entry level year and avoid Utica. White and Boeser are very comparable prospects, it's a shame we couldn't get him that little stint down there, it would have helped his adjustment to pros big time.

1 hour ago, Salmonberries said:

Yeah, I guess Boeser must have thought it better to burn an entry level year and avoid Utica. White and Boeser are very comparable prospects, it's a shame we couldn't get him that little stint down there, it would have helped his adjustment to pros big time.

I believe Boeser wanted the money now as his father can't work and his family have financial troubles, so he needed it to help them get by.

28 minutes ago, BI3KSALLENT said:

I believe Boeser wanted the money now as his father can't work and his family have financial troubles, so he needed it to help them get by.

By looking after the kid's needs, they'll likely long have a devoted soldier. On top of that, the roster's being held together with duct tape.

Meanwhile, we may have picked the Sens' pocket of a nice Swedish prospect. Still would love to see them go very far, with Burr playing a big role.

Cheering on both Van & Ott, for the next few seasons, at least...

Archived