The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How many think Brock Boeser looks NHL ready?

*Buzzsaw*

Keep Brock Boeser up for the rest of the Season?  

366 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yeah, it's real early, after two games...

Yeah, the kid has probably been running on a huge hit of adrenaline for the last two games...

Yeah, he was playing at home in Minnesota in front of the family...

Conversely...  He is still dealing with the wrist injury...

Conversely...  He has gotta be exhausted after playing 3 hi tempo games in a row...

But you gotta admit... He looks good.  REAL GOOD... as a certain coach might say...  B) 

Add on to that a summer re-habbing and a fitness routine under the care and attention of the pro's of the Canucks staff... and I gotta believe his scating will improve, he'll put on pounds, and that nose for the net and the passing finesse he has clearly shown may send him out of the gate like a rocket.

I'm of two minds about this...  the coaches made a mistake with Virtanen... not everyone's Bo ready, but this kid looks and behaves like a more mature young man... (he is more mature)

What's the early opinion?

Keep him in Van for the rest of the season, or send him down to Utica for some good playoff experience?

11 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Yeah, it's real early, after two games...

Yeah, the kid has probably been running on a huge hit of adrenaline for the last two games...

Yeah, he was playing at home in Minnesota in front of the family...

Conversely...  He is still dealing with the wrist injury...

Conversely...  He has gotta be exhausted after playing 3 hi tempo games in a row...

But you gotta admit... He looks good.  REAL GOOD... as a certain coach might say...  B) 

Add on to that a summer re-habbing and a fitness routine under the care and attention of the pro's of the Canucks staff... and I gotta believe his scating will improve, he'll put on pounds, and that nose for the net and the passing finesse he has clearly shown may send him out of the gate like a rocket.

I'm of two minds about this...  the coaches made a mistake with Virtanen... not everyone's Bo ready, but this kid looks and behaves like a more mature young man... (he is more mature)

What's the early opinion?

Keep him in Van for the rest of the season, or send him down to Utica for some good playoff experience?

I agree boeser looks like the real deal. He seems like he is definitely a very mature young man who has gone through quite a lot in life.

His passing skills seem very developed for such a young player. I believe he should stay up with the big club getting some coaching with nhl coaches. Can you imagine the improvements he can make just from developing some chemistry and learning the systems as well.

I love his tendency to want the puck on his stick and take shots. He doesn't rush things and when he shoots it's hard and accurate. His one timer he did last game was very promising. I want him to use that on the halfway on the power play, that could be exciting.

Pretty sure he is no long playoff eligible for the comets since he has played in the nhl now, not 100% sure though.  

1 minute ago, Baggins said:

Considering his play without a single practice with the team, I'd say he's the real deal. NHL.

I know I am surprised that he actually looked like a decent fit with Bo and Baer when he never had a practice. Will be interesting to see his improvements by seasons end.

I haven't been this excited about a prospect in the lineup since Bo's rookie year.

Brock has been very good his first 2 games, he seemed a touch slower tonight, but thats expected given this was his 3rd game in as many nights.  He has a shoot first mentality, that said he's made some great passes as well.  Another 15 pounds on that frame would go a long way as well.  If this was the second line of the next 2-3 years I would be impressed, because of all the players on our team, these 3 (Bear, Bo & Boeser) don't look like they have to force it.  I am encouraged by this, and this will be the highlight of the ending season thats upon this club.

I don't think he's eligible to play in Utica at this point. I could be wrong.

its an incredibly small sample size, but he's physically ready.

Doesn't get pushed around like goldobin, but he's still recovering and adjusting

boeser looks a little stiff out there but he haven't seen his best hockey yet. 

He looks a lot like oshie. 

It's impossible to decide this based on three games in three nights with no practice time.

I'll reserve judgement until October at least. His skating does seem up to par though which is extremely encouraging, on the other hand his shot isn't getting through to the net. Kind of a mixed bag so far, but it's far too early to say.

9 minutes ago, billabong said:

I don't think he's eligible to play in Utica at this point. I could be wrong.

its an incredibly small sample size, but he's physically ready.

Doesn't get pushed around like goldobin, but he's still recovering and adjusting

boeser looks a little stiff out there but he haven't seen his best hockey yet. 

He looks a lot like oshie. 

He could have made him self eligible by signing an ATO with Utica first as Ottawa first rounder Colin White did today but he chose not to. 

So no, he can't play in Utica until next season.

Archived