The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How many think Brock Boeser looks NHL ready?

*Buzzsaw*

Keep Brock Boeser up for the rest of the Season?  

366 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 9/22/2017 at 7:42 AM, shad0w4life said:

God damn was he ever sneaky,  if Bure had todays coaches and trainers etc he probably would be on par with McDavid in current league

lol back in the day he was in better shape than any trainer.

there's a chuck norris joke in there somewhere...

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 9:16 PM, *Buzzsaw* said:

Yeah, it's real early, after two games...

Yeah, the kid has probably been running on a huge hit of adrenaline for the last two games...

Yeah, he was playing at home in Minnesota in front of the family...

Conversely...  He is still dealing with the wrist injury...

Conversely...  He has gotta be exhausted after playing 3 hi tempo games in a row...

But you gotta admit... He looks good.  REAL GOOD... as a certain coach might say...  B) 

Add on to that a summer re-habbing and a fitness routine under the care and attention of the pro's of the Canucks staff... and I gotta believe his scating will improve, he'll put on pounds, and that nose for the net and the passing finesse he has clearly shown may send him out of the gate like a rocket.

I'm of two minds about this...  the coaches made a mistake with Virtanen... not everyone's Bo ready, but this kid looks and behaves like a more mature young man... (he is more mature)

What's the early opinion?

Keep him in Van for the rest of the season, or send him down to Utica for some good playoff experience?

Might want to ask who on earth is out of their mind enough to NOT think he's ready... 

wrist injury???  what wrist injury?  Fack what a wrist snipe he scored..  wow!  Somehow I don't think it's bothering him that much or if at all

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 10:24 PM, Dr. Crossbar said:

Blah, blah, blah ... he's ready!

Nods....  what he said....

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 2:43 AM, alfstonker said:

Imo it will all come down to his speed.

If he has indeed got faster with more explosive speed off the mark, I think he will be given a chance to make a claim to a place and then possibly "rested" down to Utica for spells to keep him fresh. Each time he comes back up hopefully stronger and stays longer.

If he hasn't improved his speed I don't see him featuring for a few months, as he will be far better working on it down in Utica.

Bo worked on his speed and look at him now... his foot speed is a lot better and I don't see why Brock's won't be

On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎22 at 3:30 PM, NUCKER67 said:

Boeser will probably score more goals than any other Canuck this year, including Bo. He's also a plus player and plays well defensively. He already acts like a pro. Ever see him get excited after scoring? Nope. It's business as usual. Sending him to Utica would be frustrating for him and for the fans, and sends a terrible message to all of the other prospects. If Rodin makes it and Boeser doesn't, I'll have serious doubts about management moving forward.

Boeser is definitely NHL ready and he is definitely a top 6 in the current line up. I am betting he will be the top scorer on the team as well. He has more offensive skill then Bo but has the same poise Bo did when he first came into the NHL. Haven't seen a Canuck rookie come in as a natural goal scorer  since Bure and that's saying something.

I also see Virtanen as our next Kassian. Very excited to see these two to make the team this year.

On 22/09/2017 at 9:12 AM, Boudrias said:

Trevor was what...18/19?

That was kind of different.

If I remember correctly, Trevor's first game included a shift unlike any other shift.  If it wasn't his first game, it was really early in his first season.  It was like a minute plus of the most heart you'd ever seen in a Canucks' jersey.  You knew, right from the get-go, that Linden was going to be special, just because of this one shift.  I don't think he scored a point that game, but it was something truly epic.  That one shift was legendary.  The hustle, the drive.  It was like Bure's first game.  He didn't score either, but you immediately knew he was even more special than Linden.  Like once-in-a-lifetime special.  Right from the get-go.

We haven't seen anything like that in 25 years now.  So, it's hard to compare.

5 minutes ago, Tystick said:

This is the first game I get to watch Brock Boeser play. So stoked!

Is he playing with some of the vets? I'm assuming so. They must be back from China by now.

Green has confirmed that he will be playing on a line with Baertschi and Granlund.  

22 hours ago, EdgarM said:

Boeser is definitely NHL ready and he is definitely a top 6 in the current line up. I am betting he will be the top scorer on the team as well. He has more offensive skill then Bo but has the same poise Bo did when he first came into the NHL. Haven't seen a Canuck rookie come in as a natural goal scorer  since Bure and that's saying something.

I also see Virtanen as our next Kassian. Very excited to see these two to make the team this year.

Share this view

14 hours ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

If I remember correctly, Trevor's first game included a shift unlike any other shift.  If it wasn't his first game, it was really early in his first season.  It was like a minute plus of the most heart you'd ever seen in a Canucks' jersey.  You knew, right from the get-go, that Linden was going to be special, just because of this one shift.  I don't think he scored a point that game, but it was something truly epic.  That one shift was legendary.  The hustle, the drive.  It was like Bure's first game.  He didn't score either, but you immediately knew he was even more special than Linden.  Like once-in-a-lifetime special.  Right from the get-go.

The things we never forget, huh. 

14 hours ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

Bure's first shift was more electrically exciting than Trevor's.  However, any comparison of Boeser to past great Canucks like Linden and Bure is wrong.  Boeser is a good young player, but doesn't look to be in those two guys' leagues.

On 09/25/2017 at 5:37 PM, 189lb enforcers? said:

Remember his epic bench press stats?!

His dad was insane.

This is a Chuck Norris one, for sure. 

Bure's dad was indeed insane. - likely a big reason why the brothers were so good though.

I was playing UBC pick-up duffer one year and Valeri Bure came out. His dad was on the bench yelling at him and blowing the whistle during the scrimmage for him to speed up then slow down during play. Was quite the scene.

Archived