The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How many think Brock Boeser looks NHL ready?

*Buzzsaw*

Keep Brock Boeser up for the rest of the Season?  

366 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, he looks better than Goldobin at this point. Both players could use a few more lbs of muscle though. But I'd say yes, he will likely be NHL ready come October. Having said that, I'd be perfectly happy with both players starting next year in Utica. There's no sense in rushing these kids. 

47 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

Well, he looks better than Goldobin at this point. Both players could use a few more lbs of muscle though. But I'd say yes, he will likely be NHL ready come October. Having said that, I'd be perfectly happy with both players starting next year in Utica. There's no sense in rushing these kids. 

Goldobin not NHL ready? 

37 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

He is definitely ready, no question. These games are huge to get him going early and develop some chemistry with future linemates. If he can work on key aspects like skating in the summer, he will be even better next season. I'm excited.

He looks good for a 2 game rookie.  His skating and board work are his biggest weaknesses. He knows where to go on the ice and has good skill. If he improves those aspects,  I can see him being a top line forward in a few years. 

it's too soon to tell, need to see a larger sampling to get a good idea of what hes capable of.

As to the poll at the top of the thread, wouldnt brock have had to have played in utica before the trade deadline to be able to help in their playoff run?

19 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

Goldobin not NHL ready? 

He hasn't really done anything in his time with us other than that one goal. He had a decent shot on net a couple games ago. I can't really recall him doing anything else. We'll see how he looks after another summer of training hard. But he's by no means a lock to start with us next year. Boucher and Boeser have a leg up on him. Although, in his defense, he hasn't got the same opportunity that Boeser has over the last couple of games.

Also, I think I've had enough of this Chaput experiment. He's a decent 4th line guy but let's see someone else with the twins. Maybe try Boeser for a few games and have Goldobin with Bo-Baer. 

2 hours ago, Odd. said:

Would be nice if he works on his skating over the summer, would do a lot for him.

I say he's NHL ready. 3.5 games in 3 nights. Jeez.

I know. that's pretty crazy. he can't keep that pace up.

fortunately, he'll get a few days to rest. need a place to settle in for a bit, and then back to game day. let's see what he does for the remainder of the season.

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

He is definitely ready, no question. These games are huge to get him going early and develop some chemistry with future linemates. If he can work on key aspects like skating in the summer, he will be even better next season. I'm excited.

I'd love for Bo to ask him to come and work out with him this off-season. Bo really works it in the summer between the gym and his power skating coach.

1 hour ago, Baggins said:

I'd love for Bo to ask him to come and work out with him this off-season. Bo really works it in the summer between the gym and his power skating coach.

brock would be crazy to turn something like that down. bo should be doing that with all of the younger guys, because whatever he did is working-- going from 4th line to a bona fide all star. we can poke fun at the sedins for their decline, this that and the other, but that veteran leadership, you know bo's just eating all of it up. he's not even 22 yet and is like the #1 guy on this team, and thats where he wants to be, and thats where the rest of the younger guys, i hope, want to be

if brock, or any younger guy, who strives to be better, theres no guy better to follow than bo. the guy leads by example and makes guys around him better, and this team hasn't had a guy like that since henrik sedin in his prime. that's some company to be with, and it took henrik five seasons to reach 50+ points, while it only took bo three. i get it, different era, pre lock-out and all, but to kinda put things into perspective, we have a guy who can be a 100 point guy. i dont see brock being that kind of player, but he can certainly be a consistent scoring threat, at least from what i've seen. i haven't followed his entire career or anything

Archived