The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

M-103 has passed

Heretic

9 minutes ago, BI3KSALLENT said:

Couldn't have said it any better. Hate speech has never been, nor will be covered by free speech, and Canada should be aspire to be a country where we don't hate each other based on what we believe. 

Again criticizing a religion is NOT hate speech.

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

All religions should be treated the same. You and I should have the right to critisise all religions equally.

I get where you're coming from, but my point is why do we need to criticize religions if they are helping someone and not hurting others. Why not just let people make the choice. Do we have to judge and criticize? It's not some sort of test or paper that needs grading and peer reviews you know?

Just now, Derp... said:

I get where you're coming from, but my point is why do we need to criticize religions if they are helping someone and not hurting others. Why not just let people make the choice. Do we have to judge and criticize? It's not some sort of test or paper that needs grading and peer reviews you know?

This motion is against free speech and in fact you gave a pretty good example in your earlier post.

1 hour ago, Chris said:

I really hate this Politically Correct Society, I just want to go back to being a kid when Eminem, Kid Rock & Limp Bizkit were cool - The WWF Said and did whatever they wanted, and people weren't so afraid of everything.

I find it very weird... that my generation of people.... who grown up watching the Simpsons, Futurama, South Park, Family Guy, plus tons of other shows designed to shock and be politically incorrect..... many of them turning into snowflakes and easily triggered babies.  

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

This motion is against free speech and in fact you gave a pretty good example in your earlier post.

Right so everyone has freedom of speech, and words are not actions. That doesn't inherently mean they have no physical or psychological impact though. "The pen is mightier than the sword" in a way. All I'm saying is we shouldn't use the pen like it has no impact on people. The pen can be used for good or bad when in the hands of different people. In fact this bill is an example of that. Someone has written a law that impacts people who use the pen as a weapon in this specific way. The context of this situation tries to separate a group of people from another that identifies with them even though their core beliefs are actually different in a lot of ways. Education is the real answer as most stereotypes are bred out of misinformation and assumption.

Not trying to get up on a soap box, but assumptions don't really lead to anything good. 

4 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

I find it very weird... that my generation of people.... who grown up watching the Simpsons, Futurama, South Park, Family Guy, plus tons of other shows designed to shock and be politically incorrect..... many of them turning into snowflakes and easily triggered babies.  

I was born in 81 and I never thought I would see the day where a guy wears skinny pants and now in 2017 if I say that I'm a bigot or a homophobe.^_^

6 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

A few years your junior, but I wear skinny jeans.... :ph34r:

Lol. It's all good. It was cool to pierce my ears in grade 8 my dad was furious.

I'm with you though so many are growing up into snowflakes who need a safe place. It's actually really sad in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

Eh, I'd wager that not many of those people listed would be responsible for this. I mean I grew up with Seinfeld and The Simpsons, and although I'm cognizant of Canada's ongoing social unease toward certain ethnicities and religions, I still have what I think is a fairly accepting viewpoint on who should be allowed to come to our country (almost anybody, including refugees from any country) and how they should conduct themselves while here (by our laws).

11 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I was born in 81 and I never thought I would see the day where a guy wears skinny pants and now in 2017 if I say that I'm a bigot or a homophobe.^_^

I don't agree with much of you political view points (from what I gather in the ole Trump thread) but skinny pants are for hipster wanks. People can generally wear whatever they like and it doesn't affect who they are once you get to know them, if that makes any sense, but my generalizing of skinny pants'ers has been pretty accurate thus far. Must be because I grew up in the punk and grunge hoodie and jeans era.

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Lol. It's all good. It was cool to pierce my ears in grade 8 my dad was furious.

I'm with you though so many are growing up into snowflakes who need a safe place. It's actually really sad in my opinion.

Right cause safety is less of a human right than freedom of speech. All the people throughout history who were hurt, killed or discriminated against because someone said so we're not having their basic human rights violated? 

1 minute ago, Derp... said:

Right cause safety is less of a human right than freedom of speech. All the people throughout history who were hurt, killed or discriminated against because someone said so we're not having their basic human rights violated? 

I think you're missing my point.

4 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Eh, I'd wager that not many of those people listed would be responsible for this. I mean I grew up with Seinfeld and The Simpsons, and although I'm cognizant of Canada's ongoing social unease toward certain ethnicities and religions, I still have what I think is a fairly accepting viewpoint on who should be allowed to come to our country (almost anybody, including refugees from any country) and how they should conduct themselves while here (by our laws).

I don't agree with much of you political view points (from what I gather in the ole Trump thread) but skinny pants are for hipster wanks. People can generally wear whatever they like and it doesn't affect who they are once you get to know them, if that makes any sense, but my generalizing of skinny pants'ers has been pretty accurate thus far. Must be because I grew up in the punk and grunge hoodie and jeans era.

I'm not even sure what a hipster wank is. :lol:

Goth?

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

I'm not even sure what a hipster sank is. :lol:

Goth?

Hipster wank = hipster

It's to the point now that I dislike hipsters more than any other type, or cross section, or class of people simply because their effort to make everything unique and "their" own diminishes how awesome said thing was and is to people who are regular non douches.

The day someone called me a hipster for knowing about something unique to the island was the day I started to fight back on behalf of normal people. 

Archived