The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

M-103 has passed

Heretic

1 hour ago, gurn said:

This motion cost basicly nothing, we are already paying politicians, no matter what they are doing. I do believe they could be doing more productive things, but thyat is a different discussion.

Of course they could do more productive things. Right not the Liberals are trying to have the PM show up only once a week and members should take more days off.

No wonder legislation takes forever to get done.

54 minutes ago, gurn said:

This motion cost basicly nothing, we are already paying politicians, no matter what they are doing. I do believe they could be doing more productive things, but thyat is a different discussion.

Nothing done by the gvt costs basically nothing.

So I guess all you guys worried about M103 because it singles out Islamophobia are also against the Canadian Parliamentary Coalition to Combat Antisemitism because it too singles out one antisemitism? Plus where was all the outrage when the government unanimously signed petition e-411?

3 minutes ago, red&white said:

So I guess all you guys worried about M103 because it singles out Islamophobia are also against the Canadian Parliamentary Coalition to Combat Antisemitism because it too singles out one antisemitism? Plus where was all the outrage when the government unanimously signed petition e-411?

Nope.  Just taking shots at JT for being a silver spoon poseur and a liar.B)

17 hours ago, Lancaster said:

Another of our politicians "looking busy" to justify their paycheques and to score free brownie points.  

There's already laws and stuff against hate speech.

It's not a law and stuff against hate speech.

It's not even a law. It's a study for at the most 240 days about hate crimes against Muslims in Canada. Nothing more.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/m103-islamophobia-khalid-motion-1.3972194

The text of the motion also asks the government to:

• Recognize the need to quell the increasing public climate of hate and fear.
  • Request the heritage committee study how the government could develop a government-wide approach to reducing or eliminating systemic racism and religious discrimination, including Islamophobia.
  • Collect data to contextualize hate crime reports and to conduct needs assessments for impacted communities and present findings within 240 calendar days.

•  

1 hour ago, Hugor Hill said:

It's not a law and stuff against hate speech.

It's not even a law. It's a study for at the most 240 days about hate crimes against Muslims in Canada. Nothing more.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/m103-islamophobia-khalid-motion-1.3972194

•  

Still pointless.  

Sounds more like they want police thought and speech in the long run.  If they're collecting data, they must have some end goal with those data.

Every group has other people hating them for whatever reasons..... Christians, Jews, Buddhists, Sikhs, Chinese, Germans, Irish, Jamaicans, Scientologists.... maybe they all should have some study based on the last 240 days too.  Considering all the hate towards Mainland Chinese folks with them inflating property prices, taking up spots in our schools, bad driving skills, awkward social behaviour, etc.... some ethnic Chinese MP should totally put some motion to:

• Recognize the need to quell the increasing public climate of hate and fear.
  • Request the heritage committee study how the government could develop a government-wide approach to reducing or eliminating systemic racism and religious discrimination, including Anti-Chinese sentiments.
  • Collect data to contextualize hate crime reports and to conduct needs assessments for impacted communities and present findings within 240 calendar days.

18 hours ago, riffraff said:

If he goes to Kamloops, I recommend the maverick motor in n and McDonald's drivethru.  Very convenient and really helps you identify with blue collar.

Where else in the city of kamloops can you hit a water slide while taking down a cheeseburger?

The answer is nowhere, because the Maverick Inn is the GOAT.

15 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Where else in the city of kamloops can you hit a water slide while taking down a cheeseburger?

The answer is nowhere, because the Maverick Inn is the GOAT.

Dream vacation really.

check the multiculturalism box by eating at Beijing restaurant on the same property too!

3 hours ago, Hugor Hill said:

Do you guys even know what an M103 is???

M103_heavy_tank.jpg

That was my first (ok, second thought).  I was thinking grenade launcher, but that is an M-203.  Give it a few years, and they'll pass that one too!

33 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Dream vacation really.

check the multiculturalism box by eating at Beijing restaurant on the same property too!

And when you're tired of the slide and looking to relax you can just cross the street to the Accent Inn and jump into the cesspool they call a hot tub.

Archived