The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Anaheim Ducks Mar 28,2017 07:00PM

3KBieksa

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

That is because we have injuries. Guys like Chaput, Megna will always be with the team.

Boeser, Horvat, Goldobin, Tryamkin, Boucher, Hutton, Granlund, Labate, Baertschi - is that not young enough?

Chaput is 24 - 6'2 205 lbs, 53% in the circle in effectively his longest NHL season, can skate, plays a good game defensively and is physical -he's pretty much cementing himself a spot as our 4c if he can repeat next year. Not sure why some here have a hate on for him.

8 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

I know I'm back a ways from where most of you are from watching the game, but I've got to know. How the f#%$ did you beat Vintage? You have superpowers my friend. Wow.

1 minute ago, BoDangles53 said:

Chaput is 24 - 6'2 205 lbs, 53% in the circle in effectively his longest NHL season, can skate, plays a good game defensively and is physical -he's pretty much cementing himself a spot as our 4c if he can repeat next year. Not sure why some here have a hate on for him.

That is what I'm trying to get at. I'm not sure how you can rid of a player like Chaput and bring in more young players. He's an excellent fourth line player.

Just now, Mattrek said:

With Boucher scoring more per game then half of our forwards they'd be stupid not to. His wrister is out of this world good. He's going to be a top 9, maybe even top 6 stud for us.

I feel compelled to comment on Boucher's role in the second Anaheim goal. He lost a puck battle in the neutral zone that allowed the play to start, then he was in the wrong position ("wrong side of the puck") when Anaheim scored. If he had been playing better defence he could have prevented the shot. This is why he has been put on waivers. He is weak defensively.

On the first goal, obviously Edler had the give-away, but the Sedins were (once again) just standing around on defence. They rarely win puck battles in their own end and have trouble even getting to the puck in time to get into a puck battle. They have have  had great careers and are great guys, but at their age and at this point in the season they are really struggling on defence. Henrik won't "win" the green jacket this year (worst plus-minus) but he will be the top (or bottom) 10. Larsen also was clueless on the first goal, although it is hard to blame him given that he has not played in a while.

No complaints about Miller. Both those goals were on prime opportunities. Boeser, Baertschi and Horvat continue to look good. Time for Goldy to do something, though.

10 minutes ago, Mattrek said:

With Boucher scoring more per game then half of our forwards they'd be stupid not to. His wrister is out of this world good. He's going to be a top 9, maybe even top 6 stud for us.

If they can find a center that works with him and Goldobin who knows - those two lit it up together in junior so they have chemistry - but galchenyuk was their C so hard to know who was 'driving the bus' there

Just now, nucksnavsfan said:

Ducks get 2 goals on their first 2 shots, end of story

First one courtesy of Larsen, who WD is now rewarding with PP time.  Not sure how in holy hell our coach thinks it's acceptable for our defensemen to play like trash in our own end yet bench forwards for minor miscues.

Archived