The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Anaheim Ducks Mar 28,2017 07:00PM

3KBieksa

When a number is retired it never gets worn again. That's why it's retired. Boeser will never wear #16. 

As for Messier #11 isn't actually retired so he "could" have worn it and he did. But I don't agree it should have been worn, as it is similar to #38, #28 and #37 which have basically been taken out of circulation...

Just now, BoDangles53 said:

Yay so he can be the first! fantastic!

yippeee!

Absolutely no added pressure there, right?  Maybe Boeser doesn't want to be known as that guy and wants to stake out his own legacy instead?  Doesn't that seem more likely since he seems like a pretty down-to-earth kid?

Just now, King Heffy said:

Absolutely no added pressure there, right?  Maybe Boeser doesn't want to be known as that guy and wants to stake out his own legacy instead?  Doesn't that seem more likely since he seems like a pretty down-to-earth kid?

no pressure at all really - those of us who've played the game aren't really attached to numbers - like fans are - its more a superstition thing 

so there's no real pressure from it - but we're all welcome to our opinion - perhaps enjoy your evening doing something else

Just now, BoDangles53 said:

no pressure at all really - those of us who've played the game aren't really attached to numbers - like fans are - its more a superstition thing 

so there's no real pressure from it - but we're all welcome to our opinion - perhaps enjoy your evening doing something else

And professional athletes are known for being superstitious.  It's not a rookie's place to take a retired jersey and Brock's smart enough to know that.

8 minutes ago, brownky said:

Lastname Lastname.

He was a 2nd star for the Canucks earlier this season. Had a whopper of a game.

My questioning of who is lastname when the user asked if it's been too long to remember was my tongue in cheek answer.

thatsthejoke.jpg

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

And professional athletes are known for being superstitious.  It's not a rookie's place to take a retired jersey and Brock's smart enough to know that.

yes it is his place! i say it so i am right! is that your argument?  

I am right! i am telling you! listen to my command! 

As I suggested go find something better to do with your evening thanks

1 minute ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

That's the point. Its a joke from Trailer Park Boys. Like denial and error or water under the fridge.

IMG_0271.JPG.01b8270bf51e2f14b3b76e112692fd13.JPG

well sorry some of us are beyond watching a television show meant for for the lowest common denominator of society

Archived