The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

LeBron 'fatal' injury

Crimson-JH

31 minutes ago, Nagra said:

Exactly, that era was filled with so many dominating and imposing players Lebron would stand no chance. Watching games back in the day were a treat, they were an actual battle. Now it just a bunch of wussys who need to sit games for no reason, and cry babies who get mad when they don't get their way. We were lucky enough to witness that era.

Thank Jordan for making rules that protect players. Again he was getting bullied by the pistons, and rules were brought into place that would change that. 

49 minutes ago, Sikhguy23 said:

"older" people like you think they know everything about the NBA, guarantee you were just jumping on the Bulls and Lakers bandwagon in the day. 

I'm going to be a fan of any team he goes to, I don't care if its the 76ers. "diehard" Lakers fans like yourselves are now cheering for the Warriors, in the hopes that they will beat LeBron. If you legitimately think that Kobe is a better player then Lebron there is no point in talking to you, because no one aside from his fans think that. Why is Kobe not brought up in the GOAT talks at all? He's brought up in the greatest scorer talks, but he's nothing more then that a scorer, and Lebron is beating all his scoring titles as well.

I don't know everything about the NBA, nor did I claim I know everything. Rather it seems you're trying to be a know-it-all, when most the things you're saying are false. Now that is out of the way, you're now guaranteeing I was jumping bandwagons between Lakers and Bulls back in the day. Well let me tell you this, just because I respect Jordan doesn't mean I bandwagoned, unlike you who is a huge Lebron rider, who get's angry when someone says something bad about your "king." Also you are the type that can't respect other players as you are just a Lebron fan who has been watching the NBA for a very short period of time. So when I called you out on bandwagoning, you got mad that I accused you of it. Now you admit it and say whatever team he goes to, you go. Well I have been a fan of the Lakers ever since I was a kid, not because Kobe, not because Magic or whomever you think I bandwagoned. My earliest memories of basketball was just seeing Lakers on tv, as they were the few teams that were actually on tv, and I fell in love with them. No other reason, not because I ride a player like you, simply because I genuinely love the Lakers, and still do to this day no matter their struggles.

"Why is Kobe not brought up in the GOAT talks at all? He's brought up in the greatest scorer talks, but he's nothing more then that a scorer, and Lebron is beating all his scoring titles as well."

Why do you keep bringing Kobe into this like I'm going to get hurt when you say something bad about him, like when you get mad whenever someone says something negative about Lebron? I also don't have a doubt in my mind Kobe would beat Lebron, either 1 on 1 or a playoff series. I didn't watch the Lakers for Kobe, so for whatever reason you keep bringing Kobe into this doesn't affect me. Again, this quote proves you don't know much about basketball. Kobe wasn't just a scorer, he was the best guard on defense for years, but you wouldn't know that as you only follow Lebron.

You keep talking as if Kobe was the catalyst of that 3peat, you're wrong it was Shaq, take Shaq off that team they don't win. Kobe had a chance to carry a team, he missed the playoffs and went crying on radio until they bought in Pau.

When did I even mention Kobe and the 3peat? Stop talking out of your ass. Again you bring up the whole Kobe was carried by Shaq, once again showing you don't know anything about anyone or any team other team not related to Lebron. The way you're talking about this is you think Shaq could have won 3 by himself.

Look at what happened the year Kobe left, the Lakers started improving in the standings.

Or they improved due to a whole summer of development? Most of that team was in their first years in the NBA. If you knew anything about the Lakers you would know all the young guys attribute their development due to Kobe's mentor ship. Again you don't think about this as you're trying to make stuff up about Kobe to try to get me to respond.

2 minutes ago, Nagra said:

I don't know everything about the NBA, nor did I claim I know everything. Rather it seems you're trying to be a know-it-all, when most the things you're saying are false. Now that is out of the way, you're now guaranteeing I was jumping bandwagons between Lakers and Bulls back in the day. Well let me tell you this, just because I respect Jordan doesn't mean I bandwagoned, unlike you who is a huge Lebron rider, who get's angry when someone says something bad about your "king." Also you are the type that can't respect other players as you are just a Lebron fan who has been watching the NBA for a very short period of time. So when I called you out on bandwagoning, you got mad that I accused you of it. Now you admit it and say whatever team he goes to, you go. Well I have been a fan of the Lakers ever since I was a kid, not because Kobe, not because Magic or whomever you think I bandwagoned. My earliest memories of basketball was just seeing Lakers on tv, as they were the few teams that were actually on tv, and I fell in love with them. No other reason, not because I ride a player like you, simply because I genuinely love the Lakers, and still do to this day no matter their struggles.

"Why is Kobe not brought up in the GOAT talks at all? He's brought up in the greatest scorer talks, but he's nothing more then that a scorer, and Lebron is beating all his scoring titles as well."

Why do you keep bringing Kobe into this like I'm going to get hurt when you say something bad about him, like when you get mad whenever someone says something negative about Lebron? I didn't watch the Lakers for Kobe, so for whatever reason you keep bringing Kobe into this doesn't affect me. Again, this quote proves you don't know much about basketball. Kobe wasn't just a scorer, he was the best guard on defense for years, but you wouldn't know that as you only follow Lebron.

When did I even mention Kobe and the 3peat? Stop talking out of your ass. Again you bring up the whole Kobe was carried by Shaq, once again showing you don't know anything about anyone or any team other team not related to Lebron. The way you're talking about this is you think Shaq could have won 3 by himself.

Or they improved due to a whole summer of development? Most of that team was in their first years in the NBA. If you knew anything about the Lakers you would know all the young guys attribute their development due to Kobe's mentor ship. Again you don't think about this as you're trying to make stuff up about Kobe to try to get me to respond.

Hahaha in no way am I mad or w.e you're saying and I'm sorry if I came across that way. Although I'm a huge LeBron fan, I respect a lot of other players in the NBA and yes that includes Curry. Kobe is the one player I cannot respect no matter how hard I try, do I see his greatness yes, that's why I keep saying he is one of the best scorers ever I just don't like the guy.

I keep brining up Kobe, because you keep talking about him AND Mj. The only time they should be in the same sentence is the desire they had to win games. Kobe never dominated the league like Jordan did, and how Lebron has. Throughout his prime years you could make a case for other players being the best in the league at the time ; Mcgrady, Duncan, Shaq to name a few.

There's no way to tell if Lebron will beat out Jordan or not at this point, the next couple seasons will determine that. 

8 minutes ago, Sikhguy23 said:

Hahaha in no way am I mad or w.e you're saying and I'm sorry if I came across that way. Although I'm a huge LeBron fan, I respect a lot of other players in the NBA and yes that includes Curry. Kobe is the one player I cannot respect no matter how hard I try, do I see his greatness yes, that's why I keep saying he is one of the best scorers ever I just don't like the guy.

I keep brining up Kobe, because you keep talking about him AND Mj. The only time they should be in the same sentence is the desire they had to win games. Kobe never dominated the league like Jordan did, and how Lebron has. Throughout his prime years you could make a case for other players being the best in the league at the time ; Mcgrady, Duncan, Shaq to name a few.

There's no way to tell if Lebron will beat out Jordan or not at this point, the next couple seasons will determine that. 

Fair enough, that is your opinion and I'm not trying to change it. But I can't agree with you saying Kobe never dominated the league, I could bring up stats but I don't feel like I need to show stats to tell how dominate Kobe was. You don't score 81 in a game not being a dominate player, however again it is your opinion as for whatever reason you don't respect Kobe.

12 hours ago, Nagra said:

Fair enough, that is your opinion and I'm not trying to change it. But I can't agree with you saying Kobe never dominated the league, I could bring up stats but I don't feel like I need to show stats to tell how dominate Kobe was. You don't score 81 in a game not being a dominate player, however again it is your opinion as for whatever reason you don't respect Kobe.

I mean he took 50 shots to get that but let's not get into that. If players like Terrence Ross can score 56, I don't think you need to be a dominant player to have one great game. Kobe was a great scorer hence all his records, and that's something I can't deny. 

To be fair, when Lebron left Cleveland, the Cavs were a joke. Nobody watched their games anymore because they were just absolute trash. When he left Miami, the Heat were still fine. They still had Wade and Bosh and majority of their championship team. They didn't struggle like the Cavs did after Lebron left the first time. 

3 hours ago, Apple Juice said:

To be fair, when Lebron left Cleveland, the Cavs were a joke. Nobody watched their games anymore because they were just absolute trash. When he left Miami, the Heat were still fine. They still had Wade and Bosh and majority of their championship team. They didn't struggle like the Cavs did after Lebron left the first time. 

lebron single-handedly brought that team a championship. if his ankle got hurt, you carry that man off the court in a stretcher and load that man into an ambulance, like 9-1-1. that man's leg is worth more than all of cdc's yearly income x60

You wanna know how great Lebron is? Kevin Durant, widely recognized as the 2nd best player in the league had to jump ship to a 73 win squad in gs to "guarantee" himself a chip. Dude refused to play for his former coach in his hometown (Wizards) just so he could stay away from Bron and the East :lol::lol::lol:

On 3/30/2017 at 4:52 PM, Jiggs50 said:

You wanna know how great Lebron is? Kevin Durant, widely recognized as the 2nd best player in the league had to jump ship to a 73 win squad in gs to "guarantee" himself a chip. Dude refused to play for his former coach in his hometown (Wizards) just so he could stay away from Bron and the East :lol::lol::lol:

Damn you stan on 'Bron a lot. You talk about him like he should be feared. 3 all stars and a team full of quality role players and can't even top the east:lol:

On 2017-03-30 at 4:52 PM, Jiggs50 said:

In what world is Kevin Durant the 2nd best player in the league?? Westbrook and Harden are clearly 1 and 2 putting up historic numbers. I don't like Durant moving to an already ridiculously good team, but what can you expect from players who have no loyalty or honor nowadays. Also If he was so scared of the mighty and unbeatable Lebron why wouldn't he just join him instead? Lebron and his 2 other superstars ain't looking too good, 5-5 in the last 10 against mostly bottom feeders. Get over it, he isn't all what you are making him out to be.

5 hours ago, Nagra said:

In what world is Kevin Durant the 2nd best player in the league?? Westbrook and Harden are clearly 1 and 2 putting up historic numbers. I don't like Durant moving to an already ridiculously good team, but what can you expect from players who have no loyalty or honor nowadays. Also If he was so scared of the mighty and unbeatable Lebron why wouldn't he just join him instead? Lebron and his 2 other superstars ain't looking too good, 5-5 in the last 10 against mostly bottom feeders. Get over it, he isn't all what you are making him out to be.

This just shows you know nothing about the NBA like I initially thought. Are they having great seasons? Yes. Are they the best players in the league? Not even close. LeBron has been for quite a while, and until he is out of his prime that is not likely to change. I would take Durant and Leonard before I take those two. Curry had great regular seasons the last 2 years, he wasn't even close to the best player in the world, he got exposed the last 2 finals. You stick a quality PG on the opposing team, he needs Thompson to defend him because everyone knows Curry can't play D for $&!#. 

When the playoffs come around it's a whole different animal. Why do you think Hawks got swept by the cavs when they were the #1 seed? Raptors have had great regular seasons, it just doesn't translate why? because teams cater their defence to Lowry and Derozoan and they can do nothing about it. Lebron saves himself for the playoffs, and that is why he has had some of the greatest finals performances ever the last 2 years. You are basing your opinions off of what's on the surface....

5 hours ago, Nagra said:

2014 mvp. 4 time scoring champ. Heading into this year he was clearly #2 on most lists. Even now he's way more efficient than those guys and I'd take him and Kawhi over those 2. 

Lol wait till the playoffs and then talk. 

Btw have you noticed how Harden and Westbrook have fared against GS this year? Horrendous numbers. Harden shot 4/18 against GS yesterday and he was 5/20 on Tuesday against them. Westbrook shot 4/16 the last time he faced them as well (he gets a slight pass cause of no help). 

Point being GS is one of the best defensive teams of all time yet Lebron lights them up everytime. Those 2 having historic mvp type years tend to struggle against that same competition. Greatness. 

6 hours ago, Nagra said:

Gotta agree with this. Westbrook, Harden, Leonard and Steph have all passed him IMHO. I think you could also make a case for Cousins, DeMar, Aldredge and Isiah Thomas....

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Gotta agree with this. Westbrook, Harden, Leonard and Steph have all passed him IMHO. I think you could also make a case for Cousins, DeMar, Aldredge and Isiah Thomas....

Are not the Warriors actually better without Durant in the lineup this season, than with him?  

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Are not the Warriors actually better without Durant in the lineup this season, than with him?  

I don't watch enough of their games to make that call. I don't really think KD has been 100% this season, but he has shown flashes of what he can still do (like he did in OKC)

I doubt we'll know anything for sure until the playoffs roll around.

Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

I don't watch enough of their games to make that call. I don't really think KD has been 100% this season, but he has shown flashes of what he can still do (like he did in OKC)

I doubt we'll know anything for sure until the playoffs roll around.

Not going to watch another Warriors vs Cavs Final.  Want to see a new team; at least one.

21 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Not going to watch another Warriors vs Cavs Final.  Want to see a new team; at least one.

If the Warriors meet the Spurs, Grizzlies, or Jazz they can give them a run for their money. The strength on the wings and especially down low will give them trouble.

I don't see a scenario where the Cavs will lose before the finals unless one of the big 3 get injured, especially if the standings stay this way. Boston and Washington will play each other in the second round, and I believe they are the biggest threat to them.

51 minutes ago, Sikhguy23 said:

If the Warriors meet the Spurs, Grizzlies, or Jazz they can give them a run for their money. The strength on the wings and especially down low will give them trouble.

I don't see a scenario where the Cavs will lose before the finals unless one of the big 3 get injured, especially if the standings stay this way. Boston and Washington will play each other in the second round, and I believe they are the biggest threat to them.

I could totally see Toronto, Washington or Boston beating the Cavs in a 7 game series. Cavs don't have any consistent scoring from their bench and defensively they are just sad. Thompson on most nights is a hole on offense and that won't work well in the playoffs. But if they put in Frye or move Love to the 5, players like Gortat, Horford and JV will have free run in the paint. As for LeBron, stopping him is impossible but slowing him down is gonna be key. PJ Tucker, Carroll, Porter, Crowder. All these guys can slow LeBron down enough to have a chance at winning. 

Also, I think these 3 teams are built to stop the Drive and Kick out style the Cavs love. Each team has good perimeter defenders that can stay on their man and rim protection for when LeBron will try to take over (Except for Boston). I think the wildcard is Kyrie and the Bench. The team is a net negative when Kyrie is leading the second unit so teams with good second units can take it to the them. 

Archived