The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Griffen Molino | C/LW

stonecoldstevebernier

5 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

It says in the Province that this was a bargaining chip used to sign him as he had several other suitors.  Not sure I agree, iirc they did not offer Stecher ice time and that worked out well. 

Anyways I laughed when they showed him sitting with Steamer at last nights game.  I thought how awkward would it be to sit next to a team executive while they get schlacked like that.

They couldn't do that with Stecher since the NCAA final ended the same day as the Canucks' season last year, so there weren't any games left for him to burn a year. They probably would've offered it to him otherwise, though.

22 hours ago, darkpoet said:

Bingo.

It's basically a 1 year show-me contract. The upside for Griffin is he gets paid an entire years salary over a few games here to end the season. 

HorSE liKE chOMp oN biG CARRotT

Is that salary information correct? Wouldn't it be a pro rata amount? I know him playing burns a whole year but....seems odd that the contracts would work like that.

2 hours ago, Fan since 82 said:

Is that salary information correct? Wouldn't it be a pro rata amount? I know him playing burns a whole year but....seems odd that the contracts would work like that.

No that isn't correct. He gets the signing bonus but the salary is of course prorated. You are better off ignoring anything from that poster.

4 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

No that isn't correct. He gets the signing bonus but the salary is of course prorated. You are better off ignoring anything from that poster.

Hey genius, I already corrected myself in an earlier post.

If you have some problem with me, feel free to use the ignore feature - that's what it's there for. 
Telling other people to ignore someone just because you feel a certain way though, just makes you look like a tool. :rolleyes:

(btw you're blocked ;) )

16 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

Yes full signing bonus defo makes sense. I had a look on a cap website and his remaining cap hit for the year is $56k so I am assuming that's his salary for the rest of the year. $148k is not a bad way to start your summer :-)

I thought he looked pretty good out there. His speed was noticeable and he was playing well defensively, not trying to do too much. Initially I was confused by the signing and thought we had just wasted a contract slot, but he looks like he could be a good player for us moving forward. He could probably be a Hansen type forward for us, which would be great. The only thing is, if he is part of our long term future, then someone is probably on their way out:

______ - ______ - Boeser

Dahlen - Horvat - Goldobin

Baertschi - Gaudette - Virtanen

Granlund - Gaunce - Lockwood

Molino

10 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

I thought he looked pretty good out there. His speed was noticeable and he was playing well defensively, not trying to do too much. Initially I was confused by the signing and thought we had just wasted a contract slot, but he looks like he could be a good player for us moving forward. He could probably be a Hansen type forward for us, which would be great. The only thing is, if he is part of our long term future, then someone is probably on their way out:

______ - ______ - Boeser

Dahlen - Horvat - Goldobin

Baertschi - Gaudette - Virtanen

Granlund - Gaunce - Lockwood

Molino

^ Look at that lineup.

And people say Benning isn't rebuilding...

Archived