The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Call of Duty: World War II

Madness

3 hours ago, Chris said:

Won't be touching this with a 30 foot pole.

COD Can blow me.

Series has been crap since MW1/MW2.

Same crap every year, new coat of paint and a few new or different toys to play with.

Pass.

I couldn't agree more, however if they are indeed, as it goes, " going back to their roots" I will have no issue giving it a chance. Playing the old CODs on my pc was a fantastic experience and was on par with what Battlefield used to be. FPS in general has declined immensely I feel in the last 6-7 years. The only FPS I'll even touch is CS. Infact we need more counter strike on the consoles. 

1 hour ago, MikeyBoy44 said:

I couldn't agree more, however if they are indeed, as it goes, " going back to their roots" I will have no issue giving it a chance. Playing the old CODs on my pc was a fantastic experience and was on par with what Battlefield used to be. FPS in general has declined immensely I feel in the last 6-7 years. The only FPS I'll even touch is CS. Infact we need more counter strike on the consoles. 

I loved playing CS source on the original Xbox, it's the game that got me into online gaming. CS:GO just didn't work with consoles. 

11 minutes ago, CaptainCanuck001 said:

I loved playing CS source on the original Xbox, it's the game that got me into online gaming. CS:GO just didn't work with consoles. 

I didn't mind GO at all on my ps3. I've been into CS since it was a wee little half life mod.

2 hours ago, MikeyBoy44 said:

They're just copying Battlefield 1's Idea of going back and following the market trend, it'll be the same $&!# we've seen the last few years with a WW2 Coat of paint, You watch.

19 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

This is great and all but if there aren't any lasers or jet packs I'm gonna be pissed. 

Better be, it was the lasers and jet packs that turned the tide in WWII which lead Iceland to victory:ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

They need to include more "side stories" of WW2 or from the Axis perspective.  

Maybe the siege and fall of HK, the Winter Wars where you're in the Finnish Army just skiing around sniping a couple of guys and then rinse/repeat, or maybe an soldier of the Italian Fascist regime defending the "Underbelly" of Europe, etc.  

Or one I wish they can do.... the recreation of the movie "Kanał".  The Polish Home Army during the Warsaw Uprising..... very beautifully shot and the ending... you all should watch it (it's uploaded on Youtube).  

Stalingrad and Normandy is fun and all... but very repetitive.  

1 hour ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Western front again?  I hope they don't just stick with one protagonist and one theater of war.

Hope they do

Dunkirk

Eagles nest

Norway

Operation Pike

Paris

Moerbrugge

Scheldt

Italy

Would be nice if they got away from Northern France,Stalingrad,Battle of the bulge,Pearl Harbour,

will be excited as long as they have a good balance of perks and maps for all types of players.

run and gun type perks

cautious player type perks

sniper type perks

should be able to build loadouts for different styles and different situations for good variety

also,(im gonna get killed for this) I thought AW had a good mix of soldier tech(just the exo suits) with boots on the ground(you can do well without even boostjumping) and different playstyles

excited to see what sledgehammer brings...

7 hours ago, Violator said:

Hope they do

Dunkirk

Eagles nest

Norway

Operation Pike

Paris

Moerbrugge

Scheldt

Italy

Would be nice if they got away from Northern France,Stalingrad,Battle of the bulge,Pearl Harbour,

Let me clarify my grievances.  I think you will likely play as someone from the 101st Airborne.  So no Canada, no Britain, no Italy, nothing you mentioned.  I would love to be wrong.

Here's my pipe dream.  I want Second Sino-Japanese War.  I want to be Kwantung Army as they take the Chinese coastline.  I want to fight the Soviets on the Mongolian border.  I want to be Mao's 8th Route Army fighting in the mountains.  I want to play resistance fighters in Nanjing.  You can have your Canadians fighting in Hong Kong.

9 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Let me clarify my grievances.  I think you will likely play as someone from the 101st Airborne.  So no Canada, no Britain, no Italy, nothing you mentioned.  I would love to be wrong.

Here's my pipe dream.  I want Second Sino-Japanese War.  I want to be Kwantung Army as they take the Chinese coastline.  I want to fight the Soviets on the Mongolian border.  I want to be Mao's 8th Route Army fighting in the mountains.  I want to play resistance fighters in Nanjing.  You can have your Canadians fighting in Hong Kong.

Those would be awesome but unless those were Americans doing all of those things its highly unlikely any of that would be in the game.

12 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

So basically you want Battlefield to make a WWII game, not COD. What your describing is pretty much a WWII version of Battlefield 1.

Archived