The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Ducks @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

7 hours ago, theminister said:

Glass is an excellent choice. He's going to be a player, zero doubt in my mind.

I hope people remember they said that. Lol.

You don't say no to Patrick. You run skipping from the Madhouse on Madison with your wares.

Goldy might be sick still, likely dehydrated, but he was not engaged tonight. He can't lose puck battles like that and be an NHL player. Not even in the regular season.

I'm guessing that Tree is both mentally and physically exhausted. Should be expected for a first go around in this season.

Yes. He has a lot to work on. A lot.

Well...and Boeser can skate. Boucher trails the play by a fair margin.

Yeah I don't think the skepticism behind Nolan Patrick holds any water.

Just look at his playoff performance against the medicine hat tigers right now.  Sure Patrick has a history of injuries and has missed about a quarter of all of his WHL career due to injury.... The fact that he can show up and have this effect in a playoff series when it really counts is why you DONT SAY NO TO NOLAN PATRICK!!

What?

He hasn't played any playoff games due to his second injury this year and his team is down 0-3?.... 

Let's draft him. Surely in a faster heavier league he could stay healthy.

1 hour ago, bohoforpresident said:

Yeah I don't think the skepticism behind Nolan Patrick holds any water.

Just look at his playoff performance against the medicine hat tigers right now.  Sure Patrick has a history of injuries and has missed about a quarter of all of his WHL career due to injury.... The fact that he can show up and have this effect in a playoff series when it really counts is why you DONT SAY NO TO NOLAN PATRICK!!

What?

He hasn't played any playoff games due to his second injury this year and his team is down 0-3?.... 

Let's draft him. Surely in a faster heavier league he could stay healthy.

Patricks health is a concern. A big one.

That was probably the worst game of the season minus Boeser goal and play hey!  Watch the last few PP with Boeser on the 1st unit and he is sitting in the slot waiting for a 1 timer, only to have the Tanman or Edler look his eay and pass backnowledge to Hank......... rolls eyes and groans, come on guys, at least he is willing to shoot

Who shoots the puck mostly on the 1st PP ANYWAYS?  

5 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Prepare for timothy liljegren. Wouldnt count on a center. 

Based on last year's draft where the look on Benning's face said it all when their turn was up, they were aiming for Piere-Luc Dubois but picked Juolevi instead.  They're going for a centre this year, there are a ton of centres at the beginning of the draft.

1 minute ago, Creepy Crawler said:

Based on last year's draft where the look on Benning's face said it all when their turn was up, they were aiming for Piere-Luc Dubois but picked Juolevi instead.  They're going for a centre this year, there are a ton of centres at the beginning of the draft.

No doubt. But keep in mind there's a chance we draft 7th. When all those top centers are gone. 

17 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

I said before that I'd be ok with a top pairing defenceman, but I haven't watched him play much lately. He's been slipping in the ranks though, and we desperately need another young center in the system.

8 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

No doubt. But keep in mind there's a chance we draft 7th. When all those top centers are gone. 

I guess it depends how you define 'top'. There could still be one high ranked center on the board at 7th, maybe even Cody Glass. 7-12th certainly looks to be full of defence options.

30 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

That would be fine by me. Benning is astute at finding talented players in the draft, what with Boeser, Tryamkin, Demko, and Virtanen proving their worth at various levels.

17 minutes ago, Green Building said:

I said before that I'd be ok with a top pairing defenceman, but I haven't watched him play much lately. He's been slipping in the ranks though, and we desperately need another young center in the system.

I guess it depends how you define 'top'. There could still be one high ranked center on the board at 7th, maybe even Cody Glass. 7-12th certainly looks to be full of defence options.

I guess it's all I'm the definition like you said. To me the top centers in this draft are vilardi Mittlestadt patrick and Hischer

Archived