The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who is the future face of the franchise?

danjr

Well I truly think we are in a conundrum moving forward.  Who is going to be the face of the franchise?  (assuming Brock is going to make the team next season)

Bo Horvat has the skills, the determination and the humility to be a fan favorite.  He's worked his butt off to be the future leader of this team.

Brock Boeser has the charisma and surfer boy looks that would woo the women and give guys man crushes.  (Hell I wish I was half as handsome as this kid)  He comes from a working class family that has faced a ton of turmoil.

So each has different reasons to be the face of this franchise.  Both are so marketable.  I don't think we have had a heartthrob since Pavel Bure.  Nor have we had a guy who leads by example since Linden.

Who do you think deserves to be the future posterboy for the Franchise?  I think Bo is a lock for future Captain.  But marketing is going to be a really tough call.

20 minutes ago, danjr said:

Well I truly think we are in a conundrum moving forward.  Who is going to be the face of the franchise?  (assuming Brock is going to make the team next season)

Bo Horvat has the skills, the determination and the humility to be a fan favorite.  He's worked his butt off to be the future leader of this team.

Brock Boeser has the charisma and surfer boy looks that would woo the women and give guys man crushes.  (Hell I wish I was half as handsome as this kid)  He comes from a working class family that has faced a ton of turmoil.

So each has different reasons to be the face of this franchise.  Both are so marketable.  I don't think we have had a heartthrob since Pavel Bure.  Nor have we had a guy who leads by example since Linden.

Who do you think deserves to be the future posterboy for the Franchise?  I think Bo is a lock for future Captain.  But marketing is going to be a really tough call.

Bo's the face of the franchise, no question. This is his team, he drives the bus (as Burr put it).

If there was gonna be a heartthrob it would be Goldy, imo, but Brock is a close second. Once we see more of him maybe he'll get an A behind Bo's C in a few years (just spitballing, too early to tell). Bo owns this place til he's ready to leave.

New core is evident.. Bo leads the class, with Baer, Granny, Hutton, Groot, Stetch, Gud (real good), Markstrom etc.. Sutter is in there, but I'm not sure I see the same kinda gel as the rest of them.  But Bo is the face of this team.  He exudes leadership, and bleeds blue.  Trevor Linden 2.0

1 minute ago, Type R said:

New core is evident.. Bo leads the class, with Baer, Granny, Hutton, Groot, Stetch, Gud (real good), Markstrom etc.. Sutter is in there, but I'm not sure I see the same kinda gel as the rest of them.  But Bo is the face of this team.  He exudes leadership, and bleeds blue.  Trevor Linden 2.0

I don't think Markstrom is good enough to be a full-time starter let alone a core piece. 

Just now, zzbottom said:

I don't think Markstrom is good enough to be a full-time starter let alone a core piece. 

Hard to say, we haven't had a good look.  He's a very decent 1B, but you might be right on the starter bit.  If Millzy is gone next year, I say bring up Demko, Markstrom plays 45-50, Demko gets the rest.  1A, 1B.. OR sign Bishop to a 4 year with option of limited-trade clause for down the road.  Helps him, and helps us.

Archived