danjr

Who is the future face of the franchise?

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, danjr said:

Well I truly think we are in a conundrum moving forward.  Who is going to be the face of the franchise?  (assuming Brock is going to make the team next season)

Bo Horvat has the skills, the determination and the humility to be a fan favorite.  He's worked his butt off to be the future leader of this team.

Brock Boeser has the charisma and surfer boy looks that would woo the women and give guys man crushes.  (Hell I wish I was half as handsome as this kid)  He comes from a working class family that has faced a ton of turmoil.

So each has different reasons to be the face of this franchise.  Both are so marketable.  I don't think we have had a heartthrob since Pavel Bure.  Nor have we had a guy who leads by example since Linden.

Who do you think deserves to be the future posterboy for the Franchise?  I think Bo is a lock for future Captain.  But marketing is going to be a really tough call.

I think we will all have to wait for the future to come.

11 minutes ago, Green Building said:

What the hell are you talking about? He's the best candidate of everyone we have at the moment, and his character is off the charts. Every organization, even non hockey entities, want a Horvat type representing them.

Relax Mr.Lahey. It's called sarcasm. 

• Upvote 1

I don't know, but a face has never won anything.

Teams win.

Lots of faces on this one.

• Upvote 1

SEEMS, the one we pick as the real leader of this team is usually the person that can put the puck in the NET and one that doesn't lose it regardless of how we play as long as there is EFFORT.    BURE should have been captain at one point and he likely would have had he stayed a CANUCK.  Nazzy was an easy pick because he could score.  Linden was a natural leader, even though not a top goal scorer.   Hank versus Kesler - no questions there for me.   You always knew that Kesler would never be able to handle the media when things weren't going well and you can't have that in a leader.

I am not ready to annoint either Bo or Brock yet or anyone else.   I am assuming that Hank remains as the CAPTAIN next year and then the question can be re entertained.

Edited by Fanaholic

Bo, Brock............

Domi, Hischier, Rasmus Dahlin :rolleyes: 

& sprinkle a little Juolevi, Demko on top of that. 

At that point were destined for world domination. 

18 minutes ago, Green Building said:

What the hell are you talking about? He's the best candidate of everyone we have at the moment, and his character is off the charts. Every organization, even non hockey entities, want a Horvat type representing them.

Sarcasm isn't your forte, I see.

3 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Sarcasm isn't your forte, I see.

As a matter of fact I'm sarcastic to a fault, especially in real life, but I've been jaded by the oodles of ridiculous posts I've read here over the years. As mentioned, I should have known better.

All this heart throb talk and not one mention of Pyatt? Shame!

Really though, right now Brock and Bo are the safe bets going forward but who knows? Maybe we draft a diamond, maybe someone unexpected steps up. We'll have to wait and see.

46 minutes ago, Sugar baby watermelon said:

Harold Druken

Ever had a suspicion that someone was actually hatched and not born?  That's Harold Druken.

• Upvote 2