danjr

Who is the future face of the franchise?

Rate this topic

173 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, guntrix said:

Horvat may very well be the next captain based on the fact that he's our only prospect that currently looks captain material.

However, realistically, I think he projects to be a very good defensive 2C ala Kesler. The next "face of this franchise" (as phrased by the OP) will probably be our next elite first line player, as is usually the case. 

Sure I was responding to who is the next captain as these things they sort of morph into something different as usual.  But whomever it is would have to be pretty special, Linden was the face of the franchise until he was first traded, over some pretty good players in Bure and Mogilny.

Edited by IBatch
Grammer

1 hour ago, Whaleroad Train said:

Well, it's not going to be Tryamkin.

He'll be back!

Bo is the face of this franchise but Boeser, Stecher and potentially this year's top pick could all be the face of our franchise as well. Guddy could be one as well for his physical style of play and never say die attitude similar to Bo's. Juolevi can also be a candidate if he impresses and plays his solid smart game along with his offensive production from time to time if it translate into the NHL. Bo is the obvious choice for now as he works hard every shift and plays with heart. he never gives up as he wants to win every game also while being good offensively and taking on defensive responsibilities. the kid is the future

team effort for the future, Bo right now seems like the guy

22 hours ago, guntrix said:

Horvat may very well be the next captain based on the fact that he's our only prospect that currently looks captain material.

However, realistically, I think he projects to be a very good defensive 2C ala Kesler. The next "face of this franchise" (as phrased by the OP) will probably be our next elite first line player, as is usually the case. 

He already is that at the age of 22. Who says he cant be more than that? Face of the Franchise will and should be Bo. Other key pieces to our core will be Demko, Boeser, Stetcher, Hutty, and Juolevi.

Boy, people saying Troy Stecher is the future face of the franchise aren't seeing straight. He's a solid young defender, but not someone who people will be intentionally buying tickets to go see or be a star. He has solid positioning and some offensive upside, but just not enough to be the face of the franchise. If he is, we're in for a dark future.

2 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

He already is that at the age of 22. Who says he cant be more than that? Face of the Franchise will and should be Bo. Other key pieces to our core will be Demko, Boeser, Stetcher, Hutty, and Juolevi.

No one knows what this team is going to look like 2-3 years from now. The fact that you're not taking into account the definitive reality of this team gaining key pieces in the future takes away from the validity of your argument. 

Imo, Horvat on a cup-caliber team is a good defensive 2C like Kesler was for us in 2011. Obviously, for a cellar-dwelling team like the 2017 Canucks, he'd be in contention down the line for the 1C position but I personally don't think he'll be the offensive juggernaut a team needs to make a run at the cup. Don't get me wrong, Horvat will be part of the heart and soul of this team but we'll eventually get that PPG+ player that'll sell tickets and bring fans back to the stadium. 

Bo

So hopefully he becomes a star because right now he's probably a 3rd liner on most other teams. Only 22 so still plenty of time to develop.

21 minutes ago, Bo053 said:

Bo

So hopefully he becomes a star because right now he's probably a 3rd liner on most other teams. Only 22 so still plenty of time to develop.

Naw... Bo's at least a second liner now.  A '3rd liner on most other teams' does not have 20 goals and 52 pts, and a faceoff % of 50.  To compare... even Kesler, the second highest scorer on a great team, has only 22 goals and 58 pts.  

And as you say, Bo's still young, so it's very possible that he'll end up a legitimate top liner.

On 3/30/2017 at 4:05 PM, Hockey101 class said:

Trymakin will be the player everyone will know and associate the Canucks with.

Good one 

realgud.jpg.65cc54cf6ae2b3a18f20e6092497

I mean "Real Gud" 

If either Patrick or Hischier gets drafted, they will be the #1 centre in a couple of years.

I'm with the, "Too early to say," crowd here. Bo and Brock quite possibly.

Seems to me we're at the same point as we were in the late 90's. Still searching, waiting, etc.