The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Markstrom to undergo knee surgery

Ossi Vaananen

Just now, Ossi Vaananen said:

I believe he was injured in the chariot racing during the skills comp. The worst possible way to go out. 

Just hearing that Markstrom stated it happened in the break-a-way relay.  I wonder if that's completely honest, or a directive from management?

1 minute ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I believe he was injured in the chariot racing during the skills comp. The worst possible way to go out. 

radio saying it was on the breakaway event.

Anyway, give Bachman some play time.

10 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

radio saying it was on the breakaway event.

Anyway, give Bachman some play time.

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Just hearing that Markstrom stated it happened in the break-a-way relay.  I wonder if that's completely honest, or a directive from management?

9 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

It didn't happen during the 'chariot' races...or so they say ;)

Note:  Next year's Superskills cancelled due to it being a potential risk to player's safety :o

7 minutes ago, mll said:

Breakaway relay.

Still, getting injured in the skills comp, regardless of the event - has to suck.  I'm surprised it took this long to go the surgery route. 

6 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Odds aren't looking good that Arizona can catch us. 

yeah, they have tough games coming up.  it's a lottery anyway, we just need luck to get a top 3, and I will be happy.  Last yr sucked since they dropped.

So long as he recovers well for next year, we're good. Does kinda make you want to sign a decent backup option for next year though. Maybe we test out Bachman more throughout the rest of the season.

33 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I believe your right, I thought that or the slapshot one he did, but hearing how it's his knee now, this makes total sense and really sucks, get ride of that race.

30 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

It didn't happen during the 'chariot' races...or so they say ;)

Note:  Next year's Superskills cancelled due to it being a potential risk to player's safety :o

Yes, cancel that and that will give our players some rest from travelling and they need more practice than a superskill competition.  

Archived