The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

April Music Mix Exchange- What Makes You Happy?

Cramarossa

Spoiler

I love deftones so i like where my playlist is starting. Hard from start to finish. to me, the lyrics scream (literally) a nice **** you to glamour and celebrity - 4/5 one of my favourites from them

Spoiler

a pretty sexy track, akin to young lust by pink floyd musically, but bobs voice is no david gilmour, but hes got that old blues feeling. bob being bob - 3/5

Spoiler

not a huge aerosmith fan, but this is one of the few songs that i like from them. it's catchy and makes it point - 3/5

Spoiler

this is my anthem LOL i know why you gave me this playlist just for this song XD a tough, drinkin son of a bitch (except i'm not tough. i like to make believe), but my liver is tough! - 5/5

Spoiler

probably the weakest tune so far here, but it's no knock-- it's a good tune, but it's a sudden change of pace from the surge i've gotten from this playlist. from tunes about sticking it to society, partying, ****ing women and drinkin beer, it's nice to kinda take a moment to hit the open road for this one. i think someone should take me on a road trip - 3/5

Spoiler

as much classic rock that i've listened to in my life time, i know little about grand funk railroad. this song is kinda the only one i know from them, along with some kind of wonderful, but i digress. a song about the music industry from back in the day - 3/5

Spoiler

this is an odd track placement, switching from an in your face song, to something that's oddly rappy, jazzy and empowering. I'm not the biggest rap/hip fan in the world, but i respect the genre. this is a good tune and ive added it to one of my personal playlists :3 giraffes finish first - 4/5

Spoiler

i had to change my panties from the bass. i like sublime and the music reminds me of a modern (at that time) king crimson from the 70's, minus the heavy jazzy background - 3/5

Spoiler

i vaguely remember this song from when i was a kid. its an interesting take on the nursery rhyme. it's very obscure, very canadian (video shot downtown vancouver it looks like?) it's probably my second favourite track on this playlist right now - 3/5

Spoiler

this flows in nicely from the previous song, but turns very chaotic pretty fast, with no shortage of irony in the lyrics. very beck-like - 3/5

Spoiler

it's in your face and to the point; it's an anthem for the fallen bro.  i can very much relate to it, so i can appreciate the song in all of its glory, and, as this playlist nearly comes to an end, it feels like a fitting build up to the end of it - 4/5

Spoiler

a heavy metal moby dick song, cause why not? i'm really not a heavy metal fan-- i can tolerate it, and have a very select taste for it but i can respect that these guys made a heavy metal moby dick song. i would have ended the set with bro hymn, sorry! - 2/5

overall it's a pretty solid playlist and a few of these tracks are either tracks i'm more familiar with, or some i just heard for the first time. it's a very diverse mix and i like that.

overall score: 3/5

because of the track diversity, i don't know this person very well, but he strikes me as an intelligent guy and only he would get a kick out of a heavy metal moby dick song. @thejazz97

Let You Get Away - Shaun Frank

5/10 Repetitive and found the vocals to be underwhelming

Hit List - Madalen Duke 

4/10 Dime-a-Dozen pop song, corny and lazy.

Bad Intentions - Niykee Heaton

2/10 Gross autotune, boring song.

Mexico - Carrie Underwood 

6/10 Not really my type of music but I understand the appeal.

Bound to You - Jocelyn Alice 

5/10 Not really an interesting or catchy song, but its not horrible.

Summer of Renegades - Niykee Heaton 

7/10 Bonus points because she is hot af, nice acoustic, feel like this song would suck if it wasnt the acoustic version.

Mask Off - Future 

9/10 sooooo cathy and fun, no message but who cares when ur dancing (Soundcloud in my sig has a fun remix :P)

Check On Me - Niykee Heaton

5/10 This song would have been better if it didnt have such a slow pace/delivery

Bang Bang - Bell

4/10 corny pop song made me uncomfortable to listen to it cus i was scared someone would see me

1The Deep - ZZ Ward 

6/10 Nothing too interesting going on but vocals and production go well together 

Your Shirt - Chelsea Cutler

4/10 Chill song i guess but i feel like if you want to listen to a song like this there is so many way better options

Blue Jeans - Lana Del Rey 

7/10 Great vocals, nothing special but decent production

overall ill give this tape a 6/10

ill guess @Twilight Sparkle

Middle of Things, Beautiful Wife (Stwo Remix ) Sango Ft. SPRZKT 

7.5/10

I liked this one, I saw the word remix and was expecting something totally different than what it was, but in a good way, I'll probably end up saving it to my own account. 

Can't Hold Us - Mackelmore Ft Ryan Lewis

2/10

Sorry It's just one of those songs that really bothers me, it was just too overplayed, I can see why it's in a playlist for "happy" though which is why I went with a 3.

Safe and Sound  - Capital Cities

4/10

It's okay, the instrumentals at the very start are a bit too obnoxious for me, but it wasn't all over the radio which is nice, Its a song I'd use for very specific situations, not much else. 

California Gurls - Katy Perry

6.5/10

I'm rating this one a little higher because it really does fit in with the theme of what the playlist is, and I find it a lot better than some of the more recent stuff shes put out. Lyrics are fun too. 

Champion - Kanye West

7.5/10

This is the first time I've this song, the lyrics are very good, which I guess is expected of Kanye, I didn't really like the background vocals though, but it got catchier as it went on.

Aint no Mountain High Enough - Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell

8/10

I used to hear this song play and was annoyed at it, now that I'm sitting and listening, there's an old school feel to her voice, which is kind of unique, fits with the theme too. 

Mambo no. 5 - Lou Bega

8.5/10

I saw this song coming up and was looking forward to it, classic, not really much more I need to say

All Knight - Chance the Rapper Ft Knox Fortune 

4/10

Ehh, I like Chance, but this is isn't a favourite of mine, I know not everything has to be great lyrically, but this one just seemed too simple

Izzo - Jay Z & Linkin Park 

7/10

This one is interesting, I like the song, but there are versions of it I prefer to this one, which I guess isn't a fault of the song itself, which is why I stuck to a 7. 

I gotta feeling - The Black Eyed Peas

2/10

Sorry, I listened to the whole thing, but had the urge to skip it as soon as it came on. It's  a lot like Can't Hold us in that if you asked me a few years ago, I probably would have rated it higher, but it seems like it is used everywhere, and I'm just sick of it. 

Mr.Blue Sky - Electric Light Orchestra

7.5/10

I haven't hear this one before either and right away it got my attention, everything from the lyrics to the instrumentals all feel unique, for a five minute song, it didn't make me want to turn it off once, it probably wont go on my casual listening list, but I'll probably turn this on once in a while

It's a very interesting playlist, it seemed like there were a lot of songs I liked a lot and a few I really didn't like, hence the ratings being near the top or bottom. Diversity makes it hard, but I'm just going to go with @ThrustyPrusty89

“What I Got” – Sublime

This is a classic feel-good summer tune. It borders the ska/reggae sound. Sublime were truly before their time. 9/10

“Teen Angst” – Cracker

I am really into that prototypical early ‘90’s angsty sound (what an appropriate song name, eh?). This isn’t as iconic as their song “Low”, but this takes me back to my childhood, which I appreciate. Love the guitar. 7/10

“Bohemian Like You” – Dandy Warhols

I LOVE THIS SONG!! This is seriously my jam. I listen to it every couple weeks; this is like my anthem. Very fun happy-go-lucky tune and catchy and danceable. 10/10

“All These Things That I’ve Done” – The Killers

This is another one of my jams. I love music that is easy to sing along to and this one fits the bill. What’s funny is the lyrics aren't very happy, but the sound is very sing-songy and upbeat. 8/10

“Beverly Hills” – Weezer

I am not a huge Weezer fan, and I don’t think this is their best work. With that said, this is a classic track for them. The female vocals have always annoyed me, and the subject matter of the lyrics is silly. It’s decent. 5/10

“Love You All” – 54-40

Here’s another angsty early ‘90’s song. This one isn’t so catchy, which was disappointing. It kind has a real amateur garage-band sound, kind of like a 19 year old's rant during a show in his backyard. Not my fave.  4/10

“Champagne Supernova” – Oasis

Blech!! My least favorite Oasis song of all! Too slow, and Liam Gallagher’s exaggerated accent drives me crazy. Do. Not. Want. 3/10

“Mayonaise” – Smashing Pumpkins
I like Smashing Pumpkins, but it seems like a lot of their songs sound the same. This is no different. This song is soft and slow. I feel like this is a make out song. Or maybe a take a nap song. Or maybe an opium nod song. Yes, that’s it. 7/10

I’ll admit it…I picked this playlist for myself because it includes a lot of songs I already know and love. I won’t reveal whose this was quite yet, but I want you to know (whoever you are ;) ) that you have pretty good taste! Playlist 8/10

5 hours ago, Zhukini said:

Middle of Things, Beautiful Wife (Stwo Remix ) Sango Ft. SPRZKT 

7.5/10

I liked this one, I saw the word remix and was expecting something totally different than what it was, but in a good way, I'll probably end up saving it to my own account. 

Can't Hold Us - Mackelmore Ft Ryan Lewis

2/10

Sorry It's just one of those songs that really bothers me, it was just too overplayed, I can see why it's in a playlist for "happy" though which is why I went with a 3.

Safe and Sound  - Capital Cities

4/10

It's okay, the instrumentals at the very start are a bit too obnoxious for me, but it wasn't all over the radio which is nice, Its a song I'd use for very specific situations, not much else. 

California Gurls - Katy Perry

6.5/10

I'm rating this one a little higher because it really does fit in with the theme of what the playlist is, and I find it a lot better than some of the more recent stuff shes put out. Lyrics are fun too. 

Champion - Kanye West

7.5/10

This is the first time I've this song, the lyrics are very good, which I guess is expected of Kanye, I didn't really like the background vocals though, but it got catchier as it went on.

Aint no Mountain High Enough - Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell

8/10

I used to hear this song play and was annoyed at it, now that I'm sitting and listening, there's an old school feel to her voice, which is kind of unique, fits with the theme too. 

Mambo no. 5 - Lou Bega

8.5/10

I saw this song coming up and was looking forward to it, classic, not really much more I need to say

All Knight - Chance the Rapper Ft Knox Fortune 

4/10

Ehh, I like Chance, but this is isn't a favourite of mine, I know not everything has to be great lyrically, but this one just seemed too simple

Izzo - Jay Z & Linkin Park 

7/10

This one is interesting, I like the song, but there are versions of it I prefer to this one, which I guess isn't a fault of the song itself, which is why I stuck to a 7. 

I gotta feeling - The Black Eyed Peas

2/10

Sorry, I listened to the whole thing, but had the urge to skip it as soon as it came on. It's  a lot like Can't Hold us in that if you asked me a few years ago, I probably would have rated it higher, but it seems like it is used everywhere, and I'm just sick of it. 

Mr.Blue Sky - Electric Light Orchestra

7.5/10

I haven't hear this one before either and right away it got my attention, everything from the lyrics to the instrumentals all feel unique, for a five minute song, it didn't make me want to turn it off once, it probably wont go on my casual listening list, but I'll probably turn this on once in a while

It's a very interesting playlist, it seemed like there were a lot of songs I liked a lot and a few I really didn't like, hence the ratings being near the top or bottom. Diversity makes it hard, but I'm just going to go with @ThrustyPrusty89

This one was mine! And I don't blame you for the ones you ranked poorly. All the ones you ranked highly are ones that I listen to regularly and all the ones that you ranked low are ones that I have in my library but don't listen to - it's just that a lot of my music isn't exactly cheerful.

1. The Black Keys - Gold on the Ceiling ---> 5/5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAdTbE9LAtY

Former Canucks goalditty, awesome song with superb vocals from an awesome album. I kinda miss the Little Black Submarines, I always listen to them together. My favorite song from the mix and the only one I've already known.

2. Less Than Jake - The Science of Selling Yourself Short ---> 3/5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVl0rdtE9iM

I don't really like ska/reggae-ish music, but this one is super catchy. The music isn't bad either, but the singer is the reason I rated this song so high. I'll definitely give a try to this album.

3. Basic Element - Touch You Right Now ---> 2,5/5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYc5fa8pQrU

Not good, not bad. Once again, the catchy vocals are the reason I can enjoy listening to it, but I would never buy music like this. Just not my genre.

4. The Hundred Days - Sex U ---> 4,5/5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJkbhqufe60

Okay, when I first heard this song I was like wtf. Especially the video. Funny clip, but weird :D First impression was 2/5. But the more I listen to it, the more I love it. Cool guitar riff, pretty good bassline, awesome vocals, catchy melody. Only part I don't like is "I wanna, I wanna, I wanna sex u". Just doesn't sound right, I don't really like high-pitched vocals. Apart from that, perfect song. I've already listened to it 30-40 times. Best discovery of the month, thank you.

5. Red Hot Chili Peppers - By the Way ---> 2,5/5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnfyjwChuNU

Not so happy song. I like RHCP, but I've never really listened to their music after One Hot Minute. Only exception maybe is Stadium Arcadium, but the Californication and By the Way albums, I don't think I've heard them more than twice. They became boring for me, I guess. Nonetheless this is a decent song, but nothing special for me. First Frusciante era was so much better...

6. Pepper - Sitting On the Curb ---> 1,5/5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEJ-Kv6pjiY

This is the ska music I don't like, sorry. Nothing annoying, just boring.

7. Reel Big Fish - Beer ---> 1,5/5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCgX4ixCRcQ

Another ska :( Same as above. It's a happy song, with a wholebandsingingtogether chorus, but this kind of music is just not my cup of tea.

8. Arcade Fire - Rebellion (Lies) --->3/5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CICIfCbw1nU

I've heard a few songs from them, but not this one. Actually it's pretty good, especially the second half of the song, with the violin in it. Mellow music, good vocals.

9. KGB - Lover Undercover ---> 1/5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO1MnH1n_wE

Very, very 90's music. :lol: They must be the Backstreet Boys of ska. Almost teenage boys playing mediocre music, it can't get any worse than this. ::D The biggest minus is the lead singer's childish voice. Clearly least favorite song from this mix.

Overall 2,5/5

This mix could've been so much better if it wasn't for the ska, at least for me. But it was fun, I enjoyed it, so thank you. :) Last song indicates that this was sent in by a girl.:P My tip is  @debluvscanucks

On 4/11/2017 at 3:36 AM, Twilight Sparkle said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I love deftones so i like where my playlist is starting. Hard from start to finish. to me, the lyrics scream (literally) a nice **** you to glamour and celebrity - 4/5 one of my favourites from them

Hide contents

a pretty sexy track, akin to young lust by pink floyd musically, but bobs voice is no david gilmour, but hes got that old blues feeling. bob being bob - 3/5

Reveal hidden contents

not a huge aerosmith fan, but this is one of the few songs that i like from them. it's catchy and makes it point - 3/5

Hide contents

this is my anthem LOL i know why you gave me this playlist just for this song XD a tough, drinkin son of a bitch (except i'm not tough. i like to make believe), but my liver is tough! - 5/5

Hide contents

probably the weakest tune so far here, but it's no knock-- it's a good tune, but it's a sudden change of pace from the surge i've gotten from this playlist. from tunes about sticking it to society, partying, ****ing women and drinkin beer, it's nice to kinda take a moment to hit the open road for this one. i think someone should take me on a road trip - 3/5

Hide contents

as much classic rock that i've listened to in my life time, i know little about grand funk railroad. this song is kinda the only one i know from them, along with some kind of wonderful, but i digress. a song about the music industry from back in the day - 3/5

Hide contents

this is an odd track placement, switching from an in your face song, to something that's oddly rappy, jazzy and empowering. I'm not the biggest rap/hip fan in the world, but i respect the genre. this is a good tune and ive added it to one of my personal playlists :3 giraffes finish first - 4/5

Reveal hidden contents

i had to change my panties from the bass. i like sublime and the music reminds me of a modern (at that time) king crimson from the 70's, minus the heavy jazzy background - 3/5

Hide contents

i vaguely remember this song from when i was a kid. its an interesting take on the nursery rhyme. it's very obscure, very canadian (video shot downtown vancouver it looks like?) it's probably my second favourite track on this playlist right now - 3/5

Hide contents

this flows in nicely from the previous song, but turns very chaotic pretty fast, with no shortage of irony in the lyrics. very beck-like - 3/5

Hide contents

it's in your face and to the point; it's an anthem for the fallen bro.  i can very much relate to it, so i can appreciate the song in all of its glory, and, as this playlist nearly comes to an end, it feels like a fitting build up to the end of it - 4/5

Hide contents

a heavy metal moby dick song, cause why not? i'm really not a heavy metal fan-- i can tolerate it, and have a very select taste for it but i can respect that these guys made a heavy metal moby dick song. i would have ended the set with bro hymn, sorry! - 2/5

overall it's a pretty solid playlist and a few of these tracks are either tracks i'm more familiar with, or some i just heard for the first time. it's a very diverse mix and i like that.

overall score: 3/5

because of the track diversity, i don't know this person very well, but he strikes me as an intelligent guy and only he would get a kick out of a heavy metal moby dick song. @thejazz97

This is my playlist.

1.2 BTO - Little Gandy Dancer

Great lil' BTO diddy that's more fun than ice cream in yer pants. 7/10

2. Sunspot Baby by Bob Seger (Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band)    4:34

How can you go wrong with Bob? Simple, by not listening to Bob. 7/10

3. Play That Funky Music by Wild Cherry    5:02

Not only will I play that funky music, but I'm gonna turn it up! 8/10

4. Midnight Special by CCR (Creedence Clearwater Revival)    4:12

Creedence. 'Nuff said. 8/10

5. Holiday by Nazareth    3:35

Nazareth in a song that's not about dog's or their hair. 6.5/10

6. Honky Tonk Woman by The Rolling Stones   3:01

How can you go wrong with a gin soaked room? Simple, by not gettin' soaked. 8/10

7. You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet by BTO  (Bachman-Turner Overdrive)   3:51

Ah, a mix faux pas, with the artist on the list twice. Great tune tho. 7/10

8. Oh, Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison    3:03

Oh, Roy, wherefore art thou? 8/10

9. House of the Rising Sun by The Animals   4:08

A house is not a home. 8/10

10. Southbound Saurez by Led Zeppelin  4:09

Time to get the Led out with this track. 8/10

I'm a big classic rock fan, and enjoyed this mix. No new songs for me tho, I knew the lyrics to every song before I even played them. Still, great mix. 8/10. I'd say this is likely Deb's playlist, simply cuz' she's over 30 & every song is older than 30.

Thanks!
17 hours ago, falcon45ca said:

This is my playlist.

I highly recommend the grand funk railroad "red album" in its entirety.

usually we hear the radio songs like "we're an American band" and its total wtf garbage.  But honestly the "red album" is unreal.  Like: who are these rhythm rock gods?!?! Holy crap! It's grand freakin funk railroad!!!

https://youtu.be/tF_mgIQRWwU

You will enjoy this as a bass player too.

2 hours ago, riffraff said:

I highly recommend the grand funk railroad "red album" in its entirety.

usually we hear the radio songs like "we're an American band" and its total wtf garbage.  But honestly the "red album" is unreal.  Like: who are these rhythm rock gods?!?! Holy crap! It's grand freakin funk railroad!!!

https://youtu.be/tF_mgIQRWwU

You will enjoy this as a bass player too.

Oh I love Mel Schacher. Long live the Grand Funk Railroad.

Well, this was very hard for me. I don't like rap. Don't listen to it.

I really pushed myself to listen so that I could give some sort of review.

Please, no one take offense. I wouldn't feel hurt if you didn't like classic rock.

1. Gorillaz - Ascension    2:37

I have no idea what the artist is saying. Wish the lyrics were included. 1/10

2. Kendrick Lamar - The Recipe    5:53

This one had the lyrics but it didn't help me. I got no happy listening to it.

Was this for California Tourism?  1/10

3. Joey Badass - Where it at    4:08

The background music was so irritating.   1/10

4. Smuckers - Tyler the Creater    5:34

Geez, is Rap just  a lot of foul language.  1/10

5. Jurassic 5 - What's Golden    3:14

Kinda like this one.   2/10

6. A Tribe Called Quest - Electric Relaxation    3:46

I liked the video.   2/10

7. Dr Dre - Xxplosive    3:35

More swearing.

8. Knxwledge - Blow my mind    2:26

No joy for me. Cartoon didn't even help.   1/10

9. NxWorries - Suede    3:49

Sorry, just crap to me.    1/10

10. Domo Genesis - Dapper    3:13

It's ok.     2/10

11. Jay Rock - Vice City     4:43

Nope, not for me.    1/10

12. The Notorious Big - Big Poppa    4:21

Turn this down, low volume and it would be great to fall asleep to.   2/10

13. Ice Cube - It Was A Good Day     5:12

I recognize the Artist's name!    2/10

It's kinda funny, that I was sent a playlist of rap. No offense meant.

Overall, I give it 2/10 in respect to the genre, the artists, and their fans.

Please, no disco either.

Have no clue who's playlist it is.

Just to make a guess - hate kid666

Before I do this, I should be fair and say that music is like oxygen or water to me…essential to life.  I am VERY particular and definitely have a “style” or sound of music that appeals to me.  It’s always an instantaneous thing for me in a hit or miss way….either love it or hate it.  There just is no in between for the most part.

Not to say that I’m stuck on one genre of music….it varies.  But it’s about the sound to me…the mood that is created.  And it often coincides with what I'm going through or feeling at the time.

Some songs that I would normally rate as “hate” CAN have a different effect mind you, if they’re heard in a certain setting and hit me in line with that.  If they connect to a time and place for me it can work that way.   If a song is played in a certain situation like that, I may associate it with that good/bad time even if it’s not my thing or generally something I’d play.  And so I may go back to it. 

So that’s something I’ve kept in mind here.   Tried to place myself in a situation where I'd listen to it, not just rate it based on an immediate impression of what's hitting my ear.

Because I only really listen to music on my own when working out or cleaning, it’s always from my own playlist.  I don’t venture outside of that with music much anymore at this point, unless someone’s introduced me to something new (which I'm always open to and hoping for).  Only because I mostly don’t have the means, time or opportunity to go exploring for music…too many other things on the go.  Which is sad, because music is so important to me and it gets stale at times.  Need to infuse something new.          Enough blabbering, here goes.

1.  Faith Evans:   “Love Like Yours”.   This didn’t grab me, but is one of those songs that I could see sort of grooving to at a casual get together.   It would work well in a laid back gathering in a  sunny backyard, but I wouldn’t ever go out and get this for everyday listening. Leisurely and smooth, but too flat line for my particular taste.  I could dust the entire house on a sunny Saturday morning with this though.     3.5/10

2. Fetty Wap:  “Trap Queen”.   This music just reminds me that I’m old.  I could totally see being young and listening to this…it’s fun.  Like the sound, and it jumped out at me more than the first one.  I don’t hate it, and that’s a compliment (based on the I either love or hate music, see above).         4.5/10

3.  N Sync:  “I Want You Back”.   This just hits me in my happy place.  Now, I will tell you, I’m late to this party.  I wasn’t a crazy fan of these guys back in the day (did love the Bye Bye Bye video though), but have grown to LOVE JT.   And I just left a job with some really fabulous people, one of whom LOVES this band and plays them daily.  Wasn’t uncommon for us to break out in a mid afternoon dance party.   So this makes me smile big.           8/10                                                                                   

4.  Kevin Little:  “Turn Me On”.   I was underwhelmed by this one and it annoyed me like a mosquito by my ear.  Sorry, just have to be truthful.  Did nothing for me at all.  I’m not feeling well, so that’s part of it.  I actually shut it off before it was over.            1/10

5.  2Pac:  “I Get Around”.  Back on track.  Liked this, it DID grab me and is feel good.  Got a good, easy beat and I love his voice.  Smooth.  And every time she sees me, she squeeze me, lady take it easy Hate to sound sleazy, but tease me, I don't want it if it's that easy”   (Kinda cheesy)  ;)            6/10
6.  Kendrick Lamar:  “Humble”. 
First few notes started out with promise, but went downhill from there and didn’t really do a thing for me.   But, it wasn’t too long, so a bonus point for that.  Just not my thing…but that whole being young and having fun thing would work here.  I get how some would like it, I just don’t.                3/10            

7.  Tory Lanez:  “Say It”.   I have younger friends who listen to music like this and it’s grown on me.  We had a very chill vibe at work and I could imagine this song as part of our daily jam.   He’s got a good voice and I enjoyed this one.                7/10

8.  Snoop:  “That’s That Shit”.  What’s to say here?   It’s Snoop Dogg.   A little repetitive at times, but it’s Snoop Dogg.     7.5/10                     

9.  Cash Me Outside Trap Remix   Oh my God…I actually watched this episode.  I wanted to pick this girl up by her earlobes, shake her then throw her into a tree.   I am a big fan of remixes.  Gold.  Well, maybe copper.     Ima BOUNCE OUT NOW.                                4/10

10.  SPICE GIRLS WANNABE!!!   Wut!?  I honestly had this on my list, but had gone over timewise so removed it.  What are the odds?   These are my girls.  My daughter was little when the SG were a thing, so this is my happiest place on earth.  It’s just feel good music. What a way to wrap here.  Awesome, now I’m dancing.                 10/10

Overall, I’m giving this a 5/10, but  that’s a fairly harsh rating that is swayed by personal taste.  Some of it just isn’t my style of music, that’s all.  So it’s rather unfair that I grade it, but have been honest in the process.  It’s solid, but not all of it’s my cup of tea.  I also despise jazz.  And The Clash.   So it’s that hit or miss thing and I’m a grunge/90’s fan for the most part.  That's the music I connect to most of all.

I enjoyed this though, because I do like venturing outside my musical comfort zone to see what’s out there.       Thanks, good job!      

Archived