The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Jayson Megna

Hopefully there's some kind of deal where Benning give Vegas something to take him.  Not happy at the prospect of having this useless plug masquerade as an NHLer for another season.  Hopefully we have a real coach next year so Megna stays in the AHL where he belongs.

.....unnecessary. He could work as an AHL guy, but I don't really think we need him anymore. If he spends the year in Utica, then it's a fine signing, but I don't want him taking time from our NHL players.

He's a decent 4th liner, on a below avg team. Problem is we don't play him there... Willie and JB starting the Tank early for next year lol. 

I really don't mind Megna on the 4th line playing 10 mins. There's a decent chance he could mesh well with Molino's speed, but seriously. Could have waited will training camp to sign him probably. Maybe this is for the expansion draft though?

4 minutes ago, b3. said:

You have got to be kidding me. We have to watch this plug for another year...

I dislike Megna more than Weber, Ebbett, and Rome combined.

Is the Megna signing foreshadowing Willie getting an extension?  

3 minutes ago, Joe_Kerr said:

Haha the hate is real in this thread

He's been THAT bad.  The guy has literally been useless over a full season and shows no signs of developing into an NHLer.  He's too soft for bottom six and his stat line speaks for itself regarding what happens when he''s gifted unearned top 6 minutes.  There is absolutely ZERO excuse for this plug to get even one NHL game next year.  Even in an emergency situation, playing Megna is completely unacceptable.

Meh. As long as he stays on the 4th line or Utica I'm fine with it. However if Willie (if he's still here) tries to play him in the top 6 again next year I want heads to roll.

EDIT: Just realized the Canucks need expansion draft eligible forwards. This was probably done to solve that issue.

I'm actually beyond pissed about this, one of the few positives I've been hanging on to this year is that I wouldn't have to see Megna next year.

All we need now is JB to give Willie a 5 year extension.

Archived