The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[poll] Who would you give up for Nate MacKinnon?

JM_

Who would you trade for MacKinnon?   

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

29 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

If I was Edmonton, I would look to give up Puljujaarvi and more to get him. Their team's offense would be absolutely unstoppable:

Maroon - McDavid - Eberle

Lucic - Draisaitl - MacKinnon

Something like RNH + Poolparty would probably be acceptable from both sides.

4 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Something like RNH + Poolparty would probably be acceptable from both sides.

I doubt Colorado wants RNH, another soft (overpaid) centre.  Pool party is in the minors, and his game might not translate to our ice.  I really don't think the Oilers have what Colorado would want - a solid shut down defence man.

They would probably want either Boeser or Juolevi in the deal. I don't want to give up any of them but let's say we draft Liljegren in this years draft. Then, this would be my proposal:

Juolevi, Tanev, Goldobin, 2nd Round Pick.

It's probaly too much, but i would do something similar to this if we drafted Liljegren this year.

Based on team needs I'd definitely include Juolevi, plus maybe they would want a young center to offset losing Nate?  

Olli, Granlund and 2nd?  It takes a premium to get a premium player but in this case I'd venture to say it's worth it.  (For people saying Tanev I doubt they'd want him, with Johnson and Barrie already in the fold on the right side of their defense).  With Nate on board, the team would look pretty set moving forward, and a roster D-man can still be moved to get a depth forward for the top-9.

Are you guys kidding me? Horvat + Boeser and Tanev probably wouldn't even get you Mackinnon. Mackinnon is beast and we don't have the assets to even get him. If we won the first overall it would cost Horvat and our first to land Mackinnon.

7 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

As far as I know Sakic has no ties to BC anymore (never hear of anything) and he'll likely screw us over as much as any other team out there. No thanks don't want to get graped by him. He'll want Bo or Tryamkin.

Ownership is in love with Sakic but he's made a mess of that team.  He should be in fear of losing his job.

He needs to get fired before he does anything stupid

4 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

The story is for Duchene this is what Burnaby Joe wants: "Colorado Avalanche GM Joe Sakic’s ask for either Matt Duchene or Gabriel Landeskog is high — an NHL-ready defenseman, a prospect and a draft pick. No way a rebuilding team would want to give up that much." (http://milehighsticking.com/2017/02/16/colorado-avalanche-maple-leafs-trade-make-sense/)

So you have to figure its that + a ready F too who can compete now, to pry loose MacKinnon.

So for us thats: Tanev or Hutton, then Goldy or Dahlen, then a 1st, and then Baer. Thats a sh!t load and still probably doesn't turn the key. Even if it should. 

Part of the issue is, what does Joe want to do with his team? Is he tweaking? Rebuilding? 

Because the Av's have become what the Oilers were when MacTavish and Lowe were mucking things up.  Remember the team that got boo'd off the ice at home?

What they need is a proper house cleaning of the front office.  Then, somebody who knows what they're doing should rebuild the team.

2 hours ago, shiznak said:

Without giving up Horvat.

It will probably take Boeser, our 2017 1st round pick, and Hutton/Stecher.

That is actually pretty close, and yet reasonable enough to still consider.

However, I still wouldn't do it. MacKinnon on a team with no depth doesn't make a good team. In fact, this year MacKinnon on a team with no depth is the worst team in the league in decades.

Imagine.... (I know it barely happens)

Hutton + Virtanen + 2nd for MacKinnon

Tanev + Subban for W.Nylander

If it would happen...

Granlund MacKinnon W.Nylander

Baertschi Horvat Boeser

Top 6 would be set for years and there also picks from 2017/2018

On 2017-04-04 at 5:45 PM, Horvat is a Boss said:

He won't be traded. 

But if he was I would give up any 2 of; Tanev, 1st 2017 (unprotected), Juolevi or Boeser. 

They could also have one of: Dahlen, Goldobin, Gaudette, Baertschi or the 2nd 2017. 

Ideally from that list we would give up Tanev and our 1st, but they would likely only accept Juolevi and either the 1st or Boeser. 

If I was Edmonton, I would look to give up Puljujaarvi and more to get him. Their team's offense would be absolutely unstoppable:

Maroon - McDavid - Eberle

Lucic - Draisaitl - MacKinnon

Not (?)

Maroon-McDavid-Draisait

Lucic- McKinnon- Eberle

I would hate for the Nucks to give up both Boeser and OJ, but you're probably right that they ask at least that.

I wonder if they would ask for Demko? I don't know what their goalie prospect pool is like.

Would anyone do:

Denver:

Sutter (cap), Hutton, Boeser and Demko

Vancouver: McKinnon, Barrie

JB could replace lost dman and goalie at centry  draft. virtanen could look after Boeser's loss.

Sutter has to agree and that may not happened.

We lose a lot but get that elusive top line centre.

Archived