The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ending the rumours and speculation. [Sedins]

Here it is straight from Hank n Dank! They will finish their contracts in Vancouver and they will either re sign here or retire.

I think after next season we will be requiring their roster spots for..... Virtanen, 2017 1st, Dahlen, Gaudette, and the "Foundational" Sutter and Loui will take over the mentorship role. They have no desire to play for another team they will be "forever Canucks". True "Class" until the end.  

They'll retire Canucks, as they should. This won't put an end to the speculation next year or the proposals going forward but I sure am goddamn happy to hear this. It'd feel wrong to see them in another NHL jersey that didn't have an all-star label attached to it.

I am ok with this.  Next contract $4 million each 1 year.  Then $3.5 million then $3 million

Then off in to the sunset.  We need them both at or over 1000 points and 1000 games.

They're heart and soul canucks and it's hard finding guys this classy that have only played for 1 team and as such they deserve the ability to sign here and retire here

I have no issue with the twins coming back on a 2 year contract, as long as it's cheap and they're ok with 3rd line mins.  I believe they know what needs to be done to continue to play in the league and will train appropriately.  I expect a bounce back year next season and 15-20 goals for daniel and 10-15 for Hank......45-55 points each.

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

I have no issue with the twins coming back on a 2 year contract, as long as it's cheap and they're ok with 3rd line mins.  I believe they know what needs to be done to continue to play in the league and will train appropriately.  I expect a bounce back year next season and 15-20 goals for daniel and 10-15 for Hank......45-55 points each.

If there are two people in this world that I'd bet on to do what is best for the team over what is in their own self-interest, it is the twins.

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Where are all these quotes even being pulled from??  "Canucks Now"?  Seriously?  I have more followers on Twitter than this wannabe legit source lol.

Interviews.  There is no source because it just relays information for people to see.  Pretty helpful if you want to follow news.

3 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

If there are two people in this world that I'd bet on to do what is best for the team over what is in their own self-interest, it is the twins.

For sure, but this is the most interesting part to me:

Henrik: "We know that management needs to see a place for us in the rebuild. It’s not always in their interest to have guys like us around."

To me thats a statement of not wanting to be around for a couple years of tanking to end their careers, and they shouldn't have to endure that. They're going to play their best no matter what. But what I would like to see is a willingness (by the coach mainly but them too) to play apart. Thats the only way I see them playing here on an extension past next year. 

Hank thinks they can still be 65 point players?

Riddle me how?

2 of his last 3 years he been at 50-55 pts. Probably stay at 45 pts this year and is a -28 :blink:

Daniel's been better with 60 pts last year but only managed 47 in 2014. And he barely got to 40 pts this year with a -18 :blink:

There have been flashes (and oddly, many of them have been pretty recent) of their previous Sedinery.... but I'll say this:

There is a big difference between believing you can still be a 65 pint player at nearly 40 years of age, and actually doing it. If they are hell-bent on helping this team for any length of time going forward then they need to work on their skating. They got away with it years back but now it's seriously hindering them.
Go hire Kathy MacIIwain (Bo's power skating coach) and work with her all summer and add another gear to your legs.

That might do it. 

7 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Interviews.  There is no source because it just relays information for people to see.  Pretty helpful if you want to follow news.

Interview on what?  TV would have a video source.  Radio would have audio sources.  This is as easy as me putting a Tweet out there that says:

Henrik: "Not 100% sure what the future holds. I'll have to discuss with my family if an extension to my contract is in the cards for us"

DONE.  Henrik is now uncertain whether or not he wants to continue playing after this contract is over.

5 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Interview on what?  TV would have a video source.  Radio would have audio sources.  This is as easy as me putting a Tweet out there that says:

Henrik: "Not 100% sure what the future holds. I'll have to discuss with my family if an extension to my contract is in the cards for us"

DONE.  Henrik is now uncertain whether or not he wants to continue playing after this contract is over.

Have you ever read a newspaper in your life?.....

37 minutes ago, stawns said:

I agree with this, if they bounce back as stated. When we signed LE I think we all thought it would be great, especially given the fact they had just scored goals together at the World Cup, so who saw it coming. 

34 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I am ok with this.  Next contract $4 million each 1 year.  Then $3.5 million then $3 million

Then off in to the sunset.  We need them both at or over 1000 points and 1000 games.

They're heart and soul canucks and it's hard finding guys this classy that have only played for 1 team and as such they deserve the ability to sign here and retire here

Playing till they are 40? Not a chance. 

50 minutes ago, BabychStache said:

I'd love for the Canucks to develop a badass 4th line that can be a defensive force.

Then deploy the twins at third line minutes to mess with line matching. 

Could very well head that way (more of a 3A/offense, 3B/defense) setup with Sutter as the 3B centre.

Something like...

Baer, Horvat, Boeser

Dahlen, Draft, Goldobin

Sedin, Sedin, Granlund

Gaunce, Sutter, Virtanen

23 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

Hank thinks they can still be 65 point players?

Riddle me how?

2 of his last 3 years he been at 50-55 pts. Probably stay at 45 pts this year and is a -28 :blink:

Daniel's been better with 60 pts last year but only managed 47 in 2014. And he barely got to 40 pts this year with a -18 :blink:

There have been flashes (and oddly, many of them have been pretty recent) of their previous Sedinery....

They could get back to 50+ points easily -- if they'd fix their PP.

This needs to be filed under the same category as, "We will NOT be asking players with NTC/NMC to waive!" which also came straight from a primary source - JB himself. I hold the twins in very high regard for what they've done for this province/franchise - but we all know pro-hockey is a 'fluid' entity.  Things can and do change.  Just because the twins feel this way, at this point in time, doesn't mean it's set in stone.  Next season at the TDL, if JB approaches them with a favorable opportunity, things can change fast.  

Archived