The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2017 World Championship Thread - FINALS! Canada vs. Sweden Sunday May 21st, 11 am PST TSN

Horvat has to be a lock imo. A couple of my housemates have watched some Canucks games this year and they are surprised just how damn good he is. One of them, who is a Sens fan, said if Bo was on the leafs there would be more Horvat jersey's sold than Mathew's jerseys.

2 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Part of Team Canada's roster is trickling in:

I hope we see some guys from the Canucks get invites, like Horvat/Tanev/Hutton.

Baertschi has been confirmed for the Swiss, while Sbisa declined.

Didn't Tanev altready say he will decline, if asked?  

I came in here to see if any word on Swiss roster... and first thing I read is "Sbisa Declined"... :angry:

That's pretty annoying, was hoping he'd get some real experience. But I guess he's italian  and could care less about the swiss? 

34 minutes ago, apollo said:

I came in here to see if any word on Swiss roster... and first thing I read is "Sbisa Declined"... :angry:

That's pretty annoying, was hoping he'd get some real experience. But I guess he's italian  and could care less about the swiss? 

He wants to stay in California because his wife is expecting their first child for June.

Patrik Laine will not play for Team Finland at the 2017 IIHF World Championships.

Matt Duchene, Nathan MacKinnon, Mark Scheifele and Josh Morrissey will play for Team Canada.

Andrew Copp, Jacob Trouba, Connor Hellebuyck will play for Team USA.

Nikolaj Ehlers will play for Team Denmark.

Ivan Provorov, Nikita Kucherov and Andrei Vasilevskiy will play for Team Russia.

1 hour ago, ReggieBush said:

No offense to Andrew Copp who is a decent young player, but Brock has to be on the US team, no?

US has a great selection of players, Brock is a big time dark horse for this. Copp has an nhl season under his belt, Brock is for sure gonna be a better player but u don't see him taking a top 6 role on this team. They may bring him on just to give him some experience however, which would be awesome. 

More players have been named for the 2017 IIHF World Championships

Canada - Calvin Pickard, Tyson Barrie, Jason Demers, Michael Matheson, Ryan O'Reilly

Czech Republic - Petr Mrazek

Finland - Julius Honka, Sebastian Aho

Norway - Jonas Holøs, Mathis Olimb, Ken Andre Olimb, Patrick Thoresen

Sweden - John Klingberg

Switzerland - Denis Malgin

USA - Dylan Larkin, Nick Bjugstad, Jimmy Howard

Archived