The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How to approach Edler about waiving his NTC

Hortankin

It's Vegas or a trade

Benning politely humiliates his play the last few years and lets him know they don't want him to bobble anymore pucks on this team. Then tells him he is being exposed in the ED if he doesn't waive.

Edler then gives his list and he is traded.. MAGIC :o

How to approach Edler about waiving his NTC

"Hey, um, Alex? I mean, Elex Adler. No, Alex Edler. Mr Edler, sir? Would you, I mean, could you? Well of course you could, ha ha ha! Would it be alright, I mean if not it's cool, no big deal. But if you wouldn't mind giving me a list, in your own time of course, of teams you would like to get traded to, that would be swell."

After Sunday's game against Edmonton.

JB: Hey Edler, I thought I'd let you know that I'm exposing you for the expansion draft.   Would you like to give me your trade wish list?   I'll save you some embarrassment if I trade you now or you'll be embarrassed to see your name on the list.  Would you like to save yourself an embarrassment?

Edler:  (to be continued)

"You're not playing like the veteran we expect you to play like it, you're not setting a good example for our young defensive core. it's not working out here, we would like to trade you to a contender."

10 minutes ago, J-23 said:

"You're not playing like the veteran we expect you to play like it, you're not setting a good example for our young defensive core. it's not working out here, we would like to trade you to a contender."

*trades to Coyotes*

5 minutes ago, Monty said:

"Hey, um, Alex? I mean, Elex Adler. No, Alex Edler. Mr Edler, sir? Would you, I mean, could you? Well of course you could, ha ha ha! Would it be alright, I mean if not it's cool, no big deal. But if you wouldn't mind giving me a list, in your own time of course, of teams you would like to get traded to, that would be swell."

lol.

I would just be straight up with him. Let him know that he doesn't fit in the plans & the future of this club & thank you very much for your services over the years.

Tell him something like, starting next year we will be playing the younger guys a lot more & we don't see you in the top 4 or possibly 6 with all the kids developing & coming along & that includes special teams. The ice time is going to the young so we feel obligated to help you move along in your career as you've been loyal to us.

So with all that said we would like to accommodate you to the best or our abilities as you still have much to offer in this league, so please submit us with a list of teams you would be comfortable with.

Vegas or the list. Done.

Sedins have clarified (official canuck twitter) they are back next year, they won't go to Sweden,  they don't want to play anywhere else but vancouver in their careers and they are open to an extension after next year. 

Given the above, J B has to deal Edler or the Vancouver fans are gonna feel like there is no rebuild. 

JB will deal Edler. 

1 hour ago, Monty said:

That will likely happen early in the summer.  To let Edler really absorb it and come to grips with it. :D

What I don't get. is Jim wants to add an impact top 6 Forward.  Who out of our stacked top 6 is coming out? 

Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson

Baer - Horvat - Boeser

Goldie - Granny - Virtanen

(that's if we deal sutter)  like we have to move one of those guys out if we were to do it. I would think right?

1 hour ago, combover said:

Jb to edler - hey guy we don't want you on this team anymore. 

Edler - oh

jb - so what teams do you want to go to

edler - ok

jb - never mind.

edler - shoulder shrug. 

edler on the Canucks till his contract expires. 

Edler was quoted when Garrison was moved that if A team doesn't want you it isn't a good situation. He stated if he was asked at some point he would go. Even tho he loves this city. 

People wrongly assume he would refuse to waive. He only refused before because his ntc had literally just kicked in. People said Burr would never waive or Bieksa. Players have feelings just like us, and if they don't feel wanted they would move on. I will be proved right at the draft. lol

Archived