The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How to approach Edler about waiving his NTC

Hortankin

Teams would be all over Edler if he was available. Just imagine him in a good team playing No3 or 4 at 17/18 mins a night. He would be a real difference maker. Jeez I see Try, Stech, Ben making mistakes every game but most on here are so obsessed with Edler they only see his mistakes and not the fact he carries our D.

58 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Teams would be all over Edler if he was available. Just imagine him in a good team playing No3 or 4 at 17/18 mins a night. He would be a real difference maker. Jeez I see Try, Stech, Ben making mistakes every game but most on here are so obsessed with Edler they only see his mistakes and not the fact he carries our D.

Tryamkin, Stecher, and Hutton's cumulative experience combined is less than a quarter of Edler's yet he makes just as many mistakes as they do.

He let Radim Vrbata push him out of position, which allowed for that monster Vrbata to shovel in a goal. Let that sink in. He was outmuscled in the crease by Vrbata.

But in the gospel according to elfstroker, he carries the defense....

giphy.gif

We know from Bennings history now that he doesn't ask guys to waive until something is really going on. I doubt that he's asked Edler yet about anything, and we don't even know if Edler is the guy they want to move. It makes the most sense to try to trade Edler first, but at this point Edler is the guy I would expose to Vegas. 

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Tryamkin, Stecher, and Hutton's cumulative experience combined is less than a quarter of Edler's yet he makes just as many mistakes as they do.

He let Radim Vrbata push him out of position, which allowed for that monster Vrbata to shovel in a goal. Let that sink in. He was outmuscled in the crease by Vrbata.

giphy.gif

Vrrrrrbeastmode 

19 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

giphy.gif

At the beginning of the year I was calling for a Tanev trade simply because he had a NTC and likely had the greatest value. I was impressed with Guddy influence on Edler's game as Edler seemed to up his physical game. I also thought with the Twins retiring after next year Edler might actually rein his game in with TOI of 20 minutes and be more effective. Always had some sympathy for how Edler was rushed into the NHL as the Canucks were desperate. (Watch out Olli)

All this aside I would threaten Edler with exposure to Vegas in the hope he would waive his NTC. Even failing that he did the threat itself might galvanize his game. Perhaps nothing comes of it and Benning can make another deal that saves the org from losing a top 4 quality d-man. However it goes down the 'threat' whether realized or not it brings home to Edler the reality that his days with Vancouver are coming to an end.   

A play in last nights game that stood out for me was the Hutton hit on a Yotes player who had hit a Canuck forward in the Van d-zone. Hutton sent the guy flying. Hutton has survived his sophomore year playing at +15 pounds heavier and I like his development. Playing at 205 pounds with retaining his speed is significant.

6 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

At the beginning of the year I was calling for a Tanev trade simply because he had a NTC and likely had the greatest value. I was impressed with Guddy influence on Edler's game as Edler seemed to up his physical game. I also thought with the Twins retiring after next year Edler might actually rein his game in with TOI of 20 minutes and be more effective. Always had some sympathy for how Edler was rushed into the NHL as the Canucks were desperate. (Watch out Olli)

All this aside I would threaten Edler with exposure to Vegas in the hope he would waive his NTC. Even failing that he did the threat itself might galvanize his game. Perhaps nothing comes of it and Benning can make another deal that saves the org from losing a top 4 quality d-man. However it goes down the 'threat' whether realized or not it brings home to Edler the reality that his days with Vancouver are coming to an end.   

A play in last nights game that stood out for me was the Hutton hit on a Yotes player who had hit a Canuck forward in the Van d-zone. Hutton sent the guy flying. Hutton has survived his sophomore year playing at +15 pounds heavier and I like his development. Playing at 205 pounds with retaining his speed is significant.

I was critical on Hutton earlier on in the season, but he's come out of the slump beautifully. A definite keeper.

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

giphy.gif

You name one incident. 

Way to prove my point  --unt

4 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

You name one incident. 

Way to prove my point  --unt

Edler has provided numerous incidents throughout the season, but I get it, you're a dedicated foot soldier for your cause.

You make Willie and Edler proud.

Nice work with the omission of certain letters with the unt, there strokes. Is that your attempt at being secretively offensive?

Ace-Ventura-Awesome-Bravo-Congrats-Congr

I don't know what happened to him but his play has been atrocious. It seems like he has little to no confidence, especially on the powerplay. So many little hesitations that cause him to either get off a weak shot (blocked) or bobble the puck...

I love Edler but he either needs to see a sports psychologist or he needs to be moved for the future.

3 hours ago, alfstonker said:

False.

hutton struggled early on this year and most acknowledged it and many even said "trade".

12 hours ago, bp79 said:

You severely underrate him Like A million people have said. Play him on the 2nd pairing and get his minutes down he is still an effective D. leads all nucks in blocked shots. I'm sure millsy likes him

I don't think millsy does. Luongo maybe but deffiently not miller

20 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Edler has provided numerous incidents throughout the season, but I get it, you're a dedicated foot soldier for your cause.

You make Willie and Edler proud.

Nice work with the omission of certain letters with the unt, there strokes. Is that your attempt at being secretively offensive?

Ace-Ventura-Awesome-Bravo-Congrats-Congr

Not as offensive or as socially challenged as someone who would call a poster a "spaz"but then some of us have been better raised than you it seems. Stay off the personal name calling and twisting other posters names because you don't agree with them Phil and we will bump along just fine.

4 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Not as offensive or as socially challenged as someone who would call a poster a "spaz"but then some of us have been better raised than you it seems. Stay off the personal name calling and twisting other posters names because you don't agree with them Phil and we will bump along just fine.

Out of all the insults tossed around these boards, I would expect spaz to cut deep.....

tom-yorke-spaz-dance-2-o.gif

Your schtick is far less direct. Instead you somehow espouse from atop your soapbox how others:

• have no clue
  • were clearly raised in an inferior environment to your award winning childhood, or
  • have no right to form opinions or critique a situation.

You have it coming, elf....ahem...alfstro....er alfstonker. Your holier than thou approach on these boards puts you in the crosshairs.

Perhaps mingle with some humility and maybe, juuuust maybe, I won't do this...

giphy.gif

14 minutes ago, riffraff said:

False.

hutton struggled early on this year and most acknowledged it and many even said "trade".

Not false at all and if you go back over my posts (around the turn of the year) you will see I defended Hutton to the hilt when he was playing poorly, saying he took on too much and needed a rest. He then got injured and got that rest and came back playing really well. I also said to trade him would be crass stupidity.

Never the less these guys are young and will make some mistakes, as does Edler. Lack of experience is not recognised on the scoreboard, my point is, a mistake is a mistake, the fact that Edler is out there every night playing top minutes against the opponents best line means in my book he deserves some respect instead of having his every slip brought on here and magnified.

It wouldn't be so bad if these people acknowledged his good play but they don't. It's just another damned witch hunt which is about all many posters come on here for it seems to me.

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Out of all the insults tossed around these boards, I would expect spaz to cut deep.....

tom-yorke-spaz-dance-2-o.gif

Your schtick is far less direct. Instead you somehow espouse from atop your soapbox how others:

• have no clue
  • were clearly raised in an inferior environment to your award winning childhood, or
  • have no right to form opinions or critique a situation.

You have it coming, elf....ahem...alfstro....er alfstonker. Your holier than thou approach on these boards puts you in the crosshairs.

Perhaps mingle with some humility and maybe, juuuust maybe, I won't do this...

giphy.gif

You are it seems an ingrained purveyor of crap. Get over yourself and grow up.

3 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

giphy.gif

That happens almost every game, Edler needed to be traded before the NTC kicked in, Gillis & Benning both goofed on that one

Archived