Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

numb3r 16

MLB 17 the show

Recommended Posts

Pre ordered the MVP edition because I couldn't stop playing 16. Got drafted by the Mariners in my RTTS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha I am making a diva in RTTS - Barry Bonds 2.0.

 

I noticed I never got my 11,000 stubs.  Make sure to download the fan created roster download with all 1200 players and real salary contracts before starting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to admit the game took a step backwards in terms of commentary, I do not like the new color commentaries.  I can not for the life of me draw a walk without getting beaned lol.  Have you guys hired an agent yet?  I've put it off for now.  Did not like they moved my SP into the bullpen, they said they'll move me back but I am still stuck in the bullpen even after bumping my stamina up to 80. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Other than roster updates, what are the selling points for this game for someone who owns MLB The Show 16?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Xbox said:

Other than roster updates, what are the selling points for this game for someone who owns MLB The Show 16?

I've only dabbled in RTTS but they added a whole new role playing element to it which is kind of cool.  So far I've accepted a position change and am debating on actually getting a player agent(your high school coach acts as your advisor). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2017 at 10:59 AM, Xbox said:

Other than roster updates, what are the selling points for this game for someone who owns MLB The Show 16?

Honestly while 17 is without a doubt a better game, I'm not sure the improvements warrant the price.

I'm not regretting buying 17, but I probably would have been just as happy if I had stuck with 16.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2017 at 4:28 PM, Tre Mac said:

I've only dabbled in RTTS but they added a whole new role playing element to it which is kind of cool.  So far I've accepted a position change and am debating on actually getting a player agent(your high school coach acts as your advisor). 

 

35 minutes ago, Jägermeister said:

Honestly while 17 is without a doubt a better game, I'm not sure the improvements warrant the price.

I'm not regretting buying 17, but I probably would have been just as happy if I had stuck with 16.

 

Thanks for the tips guys. Might sit this year out or wait until it's heavily discounted. If I didn't have 16 this looks like a no-brainer game to buy though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For someone who isn't a huge baseball fan, I was really interested in the gameplay from everything I've seen on youtube and elsewhere. Bought it last night and am looking forward to getting into franchise and RTTS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My CF is coming along nicely, drafted 3rd round by the Padres.  The first four years we finished last place but they drafted really well.  Then last year missed the playoffs by 4 games.  This year they signed Lindor(99ovr SS) and some of those prospect are really developing well. 

 

But my god Freddy Freeman is so OP.  Hit 65HR's one year and averages 50hr+  every season.  Must be Atlanta's new hitter friendly ball park.....or PED's

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

My CF is coming along nicely, drafted 3rd round by the Padres.  The first four years we finished last place but they drafted really well.  Then last year missed the playoffs by 4 games.  This year they signed Lindor(99ovr SS) and some of those prospect are really developing well. 

 

But my god Freddy Freeman is so OP.  Hit 65HR's one year and averages 50hr+  every season.  Must be Atlanta's new hitter friendly ball park.....or PED's

 

I've noticed that about Freddy Freeman too, guy is a monster in this game.  Miguel Sano and Nomar Mazara are other guys who becomes preposterously good after a couple of seasons.

 

I'm currently in year 3 of my CF file with the Twins, got drafted 1st overall (1st time I've managed that) and played 25 games in the show at the end of the 1st year.  Twins came last in the league again.  Hit .330 with an even 20 HR, won the ROY, batting title, and the Hank Aaron Award in my 1st full MLB season, but we still only won 56 games...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jägermeister said:

I've noticed that about Freddy Freeman too, guy is a monster in this game.  Miguel Sano and Nomar Mazara are other guys who becomes preposterously good after a couple of seasons.

 

I'm currently in year 3 of my CF file with the Twins, got drafted 1st overall (1st time I've managed that) and played 25 games in the show at the end of the 1st year.  Twins came last in the league again.  Hit .330 with an even 20 HR, won the ROY, batting title, and the Hank Aaron Award in my 1st full MLB season, but we still only won 56 games...

1st overall, nice.  I was drafted in the 3rd, I put all my points into speed and power.  Too bad my career avg. is .240 but I've lead the league in SB every year and should hit the 40/40 club this year..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

1st overall, nice.  I was drafted in the 3rd, I put all my points into speed and power.  Too bad my career avg. is .240 but I've lead the league in SB every year and should hit the 40/40 club this year..

I put all my points into plate vision, contact, and speed.  I just like to put contact on the ball then see what I can do.  I had over 50SB, and lead the league in doubles despite not really hitting too many balls deep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone here got reviews on the Diamond Dynasty mode in 17? I loved it in 16, especially near the end where a lot of the best cards were available in challenges.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cannot believe this.  Had a no hitter in the top of the 9th.  Struck out 2 batters down to the last one.  Then all of the sudden my catcher can't catch anything.  Strike three, but it's a passed ball so runner goes to first.  Catcher throws an error to 2nd and it goes to CF.  Next batter same thing, runner scores on a passed frigging ball.  Manager yanks me and we lose 2-1.  8 and 2/3's IP 14 K's 0ER 2 R and a loss lol.  I checked the stats after, they had an OF playing catcher and he had 7 passed balls in the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

Cannot believe this.  Had a no hitter in the top of the 9th.  Struck out 2 batters down to the last one.  Then all of the sudden my catcher can't catch anything.  Strike three, but it's a passed ball so runner goes to first.  Catcher throws an error to 2nd and it goes to CF.  Next batter same thing, runner scores on a passed frigging ball.  Manager yanks me and we lose 2-1.  8 and 2/3's IP 14 K's 0ER 2 R and a loss lol.  I checked the stats after, they had an OF playing catcher and he had 7 passed balls in the game. 

I've had that happen before as well, however luckily in my case it was the opposing team that had some random playing catcher.  Seems like it's a somewhat common glitch from what I can tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Cannot believe this.  Had a no hitter in the top of the 9th.  Struck out 2 batters down to the last one.  Then all of the sudden my catcher can't catch anything.  Strike three, but it's a passed ball so runner goes to first.  Catcher throws an error to 2nd and it goes to CF.  Next batter same thing, runner scores on a passed frigging ball.  Manager yanks me and we lose 2-1.  8 and 2/3's IP 14 K's 0ER 2 R and a loss lol.  I checked the stats after, they had an OF playing catcher and he had 7 passed balls in the game. 

1
 

edit. NVM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-06-06 at 1:26 PM, TheHitman said:

Anyone here got reviews on the Diamond Dynasty mode in 17? I loved it in 16, especially near the end where a lot of the best cards were available in challenges.

very fun, seasons mode actually gives you rewards now... you can be a pretty mediocre player while still getting a new gold card every season, if you are above average you could potentially be in the world series class where you receive a diamond every season end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I made a ton of in game stubs simply selling any card I got.  With that currency I made a starting pitcher and gave him 11000 points.  Before spending those points I made two saves,  with one I got drafted by the pirates and made the majors just by simming a couple of months.  The other save I used to convert him into a closer.  I was drafted by Miami who already had a closer so I kept demanding a trade until I got my wish.  I was then traded to Toronto and they made me a closer, pretty sweet.   

 

I also made a 6'8 Aaron Judge clone and he got drafted by Colorado which worked out great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.