The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia - General Discussion

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, Master Radishes said:

I hereby voice my support for 10572198543 being our rep and BHB being our backup.

01100111 01101111 01101111 01100100 01101100 01110101 01100011 01101011

Lol the guys over at MU are never going to guess our secret code. Potlatch to you too, buddy.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

Whilst we wait for a new game...

Mafia question of the day: is fake roleclaiming when you're TP ever good for the Town?

I've seen it used effectively a few times so yes but only under certain circumstances. If there's a likely chance a TP special will CC then it's a bad idea and it's probably a bad idea in a game with inexperienced players.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

Whilst we wait for a new game...

Mafia question of the day: is fake roleclaiming when you're TP ever good for the Town?

34 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

I've seen it used effectively a few times so yes but only under certain circumstances. If there's a likely chance a TP special will CC then it's a bad idea and it's probably a bad idea in a game with inexperienced players.

What would be the top 3 reasons to fake claim?

• Like 1

There would naturally be the odd time when the tactic works, but it comes with a high risk, and I think a good TP who wants to help their team should avoid it at nearly all costs. From what I remember certain CDC players are particularly fond of it, though, hence my asking of the question.

A TP's secondary objective (after 'finding scum') is to not let TP die (including themselves). Fake-claiming puts a target on their back and misleads the other TP. So I'm generally opposed.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JAY JAY said:

I never do it, but I'd say:

1) You're 80+% certain of someone's affiliation and want to convince the Town to vote them out.

2) You want to 'shake things up' or 'see how ___ reacts' or some other BS justification like that.

3) You're Mafia.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

Mafia question of the day: Should the Vigilante, if in the game, act on his/her own, or follow the Town's public advice?

In my limited experience, I would say the Vig should act on their own.

Their choice of target should be as accurate (hitting mafia) as any put up by the town.

I am in favour of not allowing the Vig a first round kill. Much to easy to hit TP.

• Like 1
On 4/16/2017 at 4:30 PM, JAY JAY said:

Eh it's really situational so I'm not gonna make a list but I have seen it used from a VT to draw the mafia NK. As far as CDC mafia games go, I'll agree with MR and say they probably shouldn't be used.

• Like 1