The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia - General Discussion

Rate this topic

27 minutes ago, 112 said:

Lol sorry. :(

Haha I didn't mean it like that, even after catching up it was just hard to read hours of discussion each day and contribute a good amount of posts as well. I've never really been that type of player. 

I hope you get another chance :)

Five-star movie inspired by my epic run to the title this year, named 112 Reasons to Scumhunt:

Music playing over scene:

Scene:

NIGHTFALL, LYLO

ENTER: 112 and the last wolf.

112 kills the last wolf after killing off all other mafia in the game and voting wolf every round while her team overpowered her in votes and mislynched every night; she played brilliantly so as to avoid even the slightest suspicion from the wolves that she might be the vigilante.

ENTER: Gary Bettman and two personnel in suits moving a table with the Vito Corleone Cup out to centre-ice. The cheers from the crowd turn into boos as the commissioner picks up the microphone and begins to speak. (This is depicted in a way that added, seriocomically, a greater level of depth and emotional in-tuneness that would be highly acclaimed as being historically accurate and cinematically important by critics.)

Gary Bettman: Congratulations, CDC, on your victory here tonight; your representative has demonstrated a great talent in the game of mafia and moreover the qualities of perserverense, sportsmanship, and humility that we believe in and so strongly endorse here in the National Mafia League. 112, please come over to me, lift the Cup, and enjoy your earned victory.

112 lifts the Cup over her head, tears in her eyes like Raymond Bourque, and skates around the rink as the camera fades from colour into black and white. A montage of all 112's greatest mafia accomplishments, re-enacted by actors, is played, and it cuts between videos of 112 staring up at the jumbotron, unable to articulate herself properly to the reporters accosting her for interviews, and the most intelligent and impressive of her highlights.

CREDITS

Edited by 112
  • Like 3

I gotta think MR is the man. He came so close last time and I think by that merit has as much of a stake in this as I do.

ngl though I've been really bitter about my season since it happened. I shouldn't have participated that year.

Edited by 112
On 3/29/2019 at 12:04 PM, Beluga Whale said:

@112 @Master Radishes @Zfetch @Aladeen @Time Lord @Blue Jay 22 @Alain Vigneault @Intoewsables

(Hopefully I didn't miss any important names)

Please see above post. If any of you would be willing to participate in this let me know. They are flexible with schedules so as long as you are available sometime in April, May, or June you should be ok.

First, I just want to know who is willing to go. Don't worry about being humble or anything; just say Y/N if you're interested or not. From there I'll find a way to democratically determine who goes.

I have exams until late April and then I'll be halfway around the world for another couple of weeks, so I'd be available to play after mid-May or so. I think someone who has played more recently should get the opportunity though. I'd be rusty as hell and probably not the greatest representative for us tbh.

In other words, thanks but no thanks, but I'd love to play a game on here when I'm back and if we have enough interest.

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, Intoewsables said:

I have exams until late April and then I'll be halfway around the world for another couple of weeks, so I'd be available to play after mid-May or so. I think someone who has played more recently should get the opportunity though. I'd be rusty as hell and probably not the greatest representative for us tbh.

In other words, thanks but no thanks, but I'd love to play a game on here when I'm back and if we have enough interest.

Yeah I figured as much. Still always gonna ask. :)

• Cheers 2

A couple setups we could try with a small roster:

Lovers Mafia: Two Mafia Lovers and 4/5 Villagers. If one mafia is lynched the other commits suicide and the town wins. 

Carbon-14: Two mafia, 1 sheriff, 3 villagers. (No PMing obviously) 

I could host but honestly I'd rather play. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
10 hours ago, Intoewsables said:

bby imu

• Like 1

Thank you for sharing the invitation, Beluga! <3

"How does selecting a candidate sooner than April 26th make things better?

Is there a gradation of betterment that is associated with being...early? "

Haha, if I have enough representatives picked early, I might do a qualifier starting on April 22 and/or April 29. So in that case, it'd be better for people that prefer those dates. But otherwise, it's mostly just for the sake of me being sure that I have the amount of representatives that we're looking for. Each year, a few communities tell me very last minute that they can't send anyone anyway, and that's always a very stressful experience for me :D

Edited by Thingyman
  • Like 3