The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia - General Discussion

Rate this topic

21 hours ago, 112 said:

Before I do a more serious and epic game, I want to do a Mafia: Book of Revelations and Call of Duty Cross-over edition in honour of Jesus and our great nation. Angleshooting will be allowed and encouraged, but it will be called Angel-shooting, as that's what I believed it was called when I first started learning about it, and it makes sense amidst the flavour, I think. It'll be like the Nietzschean overcoming of Judeo-Christian morality, represented allegorically in a Mafia game. Be there, or be eternally in the darkness.

can I be judas or peter or james or matthew or luke or john or paul or jude?

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Kryten said:

Just going to throw an idea out there, see what y'all think:

how about we have a mafia championship game or at least a pre-planned event game that will take place a month or two after announcement of sign-ups?

Of course our typical games will continue as usual but this way we plan for a massive game with lots of roles and hopefully huge attendance!

How about a game in late August for instance? Maybe we can coax some old friends out of retirement?

So turned on right now.

• Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, VICanucksfan5551 said:

Just wanted to briefly pop in and say hi. Glad to see mafia is still going strong all these years later.

Hey man- I'm glad to see you. I was just having a conversation with BW about you the other day. You're still a legend here.

How are you? How's life? Would you be interested in committing to one more game for the old mafia cult? If you come back and @Ceres stops being a drama queen, we could actually have some quality games for once. @hoggers might even be impressed.

Edited by 112
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, 112 said:

MR - VIC - BJ

112 - BW

Zfetch

Aladeen coaching. dreem teem.

had to just stack the forward line because u can't ignore the BW/112 chemistry. zfetch is a goalie to symbolize his unorthodox style, and aladeen is coaching because of his charm.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, 112 said:

had to just stack the forward line because u can't ignore the BW/112 chemistry. zfetch is a goalie to symbolize his unorthodox style, and aladeen is coaching because of his charm.

Aladeen is like Burrows, though - easy to underestimate if you just look at the surface, but the glue that holds the whole group together and a pitbull on the mafia field.

BJ is a rookie compared to that lineup. Put him on the bench and make him earn his time.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

Aladeen is like Burrows, though - easy to underestimate if you just look at the surface, but the glue that holds the whole group together and a pitbull on the mafia field.

BJ is a rookie compared to that lineup. Put him on the bench and make him earn his time.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, 112 said:

Hey man- I'm glad to see you. I was just having a conversation with BW about you the other day. You're still a legend here.

How are you? How's life? Would you be interested in committing to one more game for the old mafia cult? If you come back and @Ceres stops being a drama queen, we could actually have some quality games for once. @hoggers might even be impressed.

52 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

And by 'briefly' you mean 'forever', right?

Hope things are good man. :)

Things are going well! I was flattered when I saw all the notifications of people mentioning me when I dusted off the account. Good to see so many of the old crew still kicking around. How's everyone doing?

Dunno if I have time to play mafia, though. I have a busy next couple weeks coming up. Maybe after that, but no guarantees.

• Like 4