The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia - General Discussion

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, VICanucksfan5551 said:

Things are going well! I was flattered when I saw all the notifications of people mentioning me when I dusted off the account. Good to see so many of the old crew still kicking around. How's everyone doing?

Dunno if I have time to play mafia, though. I have a busy next couple weeks coming up. Maybe after that, but no guarantees.

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d3fa82e6956376473

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
4 hours ago, VICanucksfan5551 said:

Things are going well! I was flattered when I saw all the notifications of people mentioning me when I dusted off the account. Good to see so many of the old crew still kicking around. How's everyone doing?

Dunno if I have time to play mafia, though. I have a busy next couple weeks coming up. Maybe after that, but no guarantees.

I am no longer the young logician you knew me as. Since you left, I have grown and fought with beasts.

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, VICanucksfan5551 said:

I've had a poor run of mafia recently, but IRL I'm doing well. Busy af because the UK education system sucks (fun fact: most teachers here leave within five years due to overwork - my school is actually recruiting more Canadian teachers to make up the shortfall) but otherwise good.

We'll keep tagging you in mafia games until you feel pressured into playing again. :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
56 minutes ago, Time Lord said:

Virtanen87 -  Time Lord - Kaz 

Intoewsables - OurTimeToShine

Kryten

Dral coaching 

We struggle to play the full 60 but we grind out the win 

Solid roster, but you've got a wildcard up front in Virt, a coach that could end up kicked out for trying to fight a fan in the stands, and one of your D may not even turn up to the game. :P

Sub in JL and AV.

• Upvote 1
17 hours ago, 112 said:

I am no longer the young logician you knew me as. Since you left, I have grown and fought with beasts.

I feel like I’m missing a reference and google isn’t helping much...

13 hours ago, Master Radishes said:

I've had a poor run of mafia recently, but IRL I'm doing well. Busy af because the UK education system sucks (fun fact: most teachers here leave within five years due to overwork - my school is actually recruiting more Canadian teachers to make up the shortfall) but otherwise good.

We'll keep tagging you in mafia games until you feel pressured into playing again. :)

What’s been going wrong with mafia? Just a slump, or has your game fallen off Eriksson-style?:frantic:

I hope they’re compensating you well, at least. Still working even in the summer?

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, VICanucksfan5551 said:

I feel like I’m missing a reference and google isn’t helping much...

Nah, you're just unused to 112. It's an acquired taste.

1 hour ago, VICanucksfan5551 said:

What’s been going wrong with mafia? Just a slump, or has your game fallen off Eriksson-style?:frantic:

I hope they’re compensating you well, at least. Still working even in the summer?

Decent games, but long gaps between them. So still better than Eriksson.

I'm definitely working over summer, but it's at least on my terms. And yeah, compensation ain't bad over here, actually, although London's living costs are so high that most of it disappears. :sadno:

• Upvote 1
27 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

I said this of myself to a police officer once and he's like ya, you're like a malt whiskey.

idk if this means anything to you.

Edited by 112
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

going from kryten's idea of hosting a championship, could we do instead or in combination with it an annual cdc mafia awards vote?

things like best tp/mafia game (team and individual), best performance across the year, funniest moments, etc.

Edited by 112
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, 112 said:

going from kryten's idea of hosting a championship, could we do instead or in combination with it an annual cdc mafia awards vote?

things like best tp/mafia game (team and individual), best performance across the year, funniest moments, etc.

Awards probably won't be successful because 1) Hardly anyone is diligently paying attention to that type of thing 2) Recency bias

• Upvote 1
20 hours ago, Master Radishes said:

Decent games, but long gaps between them. So still better than Eriksson.

I'm definitely working over summer, but it's at least on my terms. And yeah, compensation ain't bad over here, actually, although London's living costs are so high that most of it disappears. :sadno:

Well, if you’re not going 80+ games between good performances, you’re beating Eriksson.

Unfortunate that you ended up in an area even more expensive than the Lower Mainland.

20 hours ago, 112 said:

I didn't particularly think VIC was going to larp w me but it was worth a shot.

aL3vTVf.gif

Edited by VICanucksfan5551
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, VICanucksfan5551 said:

Edit: how do I insert a gif from an imgur link? This new board confuses me.

You have to copy the URL and then click the "Insert other media" tab, select "insert image from URL" then paste the link in the field. 

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...