The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia - General Discussion

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, Aladeen said:

E8E7F713-0A31-4CBF-999F-3227A86505D9.jpeg

Atta guy, quite the scrog you got going.

My beautiful, lovely wife "encouraged" me to shut down indoor operations about a decade ago when she was preggo for the first time.

A pick your battles thing.

My outdoor garden and greenhouse still get lots of play though. Grew Apricot Kush, Durban Poison and Blueberry this season. Blueberry was the last to come down, and it's dank AF.

What are you running on that indoor set? I got out of indoor before LED growlights were a thing but a few if my friends are having amazing success with them. 

You must have some heavy fans going. The density of that room woulda had me on mold and bug alert back in the day

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Atta guy, quite the scrog you got going.

My beautiful, lovely wife "encouraged" me to shut down indoor operations about a decade ago when she was preggo for the first time.

A pick your battles thing.

My outdoor garden and greenhouse still get lots of play though. Grew Apricot Kush, Durban Poison and Blueberry this season. Blueberry was the last to come down, and it's dank AF.

What are you running on that indoor set? I got out of indoor before LED growlights were a thing but a few if my friends are having amazing success with them. 

You must have some heavy fans going. The density of that room woulda had me on mold and bug alert back in the day

Not actually my place it’s my good friend’s - he is a licensed producer. What you see there is a proprietary strain called gorilla glue (I believe it is in reference to how sticky icky it is lol) apparently it goes for top dollar I am told.

He is always trying to give me big bags of it but I don’t mess with the reefer anymore. Last month I believe he did 83 some odd pounds (just out of that location) and the LDs only buy in 5 10 or 20 pound bundles so he was trying to give me a bunch lol. 

He takes me on tours of the locations but I really don’t know much about the operation except that they are large. 

Generally no problems with mold or bugs as we have to suit up to go into those places but I am told that strain is quite resilient even if that should be an issue. 

Also you see in the pics that there are super fans blowing on all of that stuff to prevent mold and they have climate control.

a fun fact is that a few months ago he had a total crop failure, not due to bugs or mold but because they installed infrared security cameras which for some reason or another killed all the plants.

• Upvote 1

As far as I know he uses LEDs only for veg and HPS for budding. 

I believe the issue with solely LED for veg and bud is in the spread of light. The lumens /sq ft are still far superior with HPS and the only real advantage that LED has is in energy consumption which is just a write off any way but if the setup was illegal I think LED would be used a lot more lol. 

34 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

I'm of the mind it's a matter of spectrum when it comes to lighting. I always used both halide and hps for veg and flower.

Makes sense IR would bomb a crop really. Plants would shock from 24hr "sun"

Sounds like your friend is &^@#ing wicked. If he wants a purchasing agent / supply chain type guy, I already do that in a different industry but would happily jump fields.

But I'd way rather grow for a LP ... I love growing weed but because of things and stuff, I had to find a "real job" and now I'm trapped by wife kids mortgage 

Just now, luckylager said:

I'm of the mind it's a matter of spectrum when it comes to lighting. I always used both halide and hps for veg and flower.

Makes sense IR would bomb a crop really. Plants would shock from 24hr "sun"

Sounds like your friend is &^@#ing wicked. If he wants a purchasing agent / supply chain type guy, I already do that in a different industry but would happily jump fields.

But I'd way rather grow for a LP ... I love growing weed but because of things and stuff, I had to find a "real job" and now I'm trapped by wife kids mortgage 

I will definitely let him know. The money is ridiculous, stacks of cash lol literally stacks. Hell I told him I would be willing to quit my job for a high paying position but he said his biggest issue for man power is trimming and he has a trim team that smoke and trim all day long lol. Apparently a big part of the sales is in appearance and so that’s why they still do it by hand vs machines. 

9 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

I will definitely let him know. The money is ridiculous, stacks of cash lol literally stacks. Hell I told him I would be willing to quit my job for a high paying position but he said his biggest issue for man power is trimming and he has a trim team that smoke and trim all day long lol. Apparently a big part of the sales is in appearance and so that’s why they still do it by hand vs machines. 

Trimming sucks ass. I will totally vouch for that.

Neccessary suckage still sucks.

I'm impressed he sees such value in it though. I'm meticulous in my trim, but there's no way I could do it for more than an hour or two a day. Full time trimmers are nuts, but most often - thieves.