The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MDSF: (M1) Washington Capitals vs. (WC2) Toronto Maple Leafs | Capitals win series 4-2

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Capitals in 4
    • Capitals in 5
    • Capitals in 6
    • Capitals in 7
    • Maple Leafs in 4
    • Maple Leafs in 5
    • Maple Leafs in 6
    • Maple Leafs in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, exhile said:

In the 2012 Stanley Cup playoffs, LA beat the President's Trophy winner the Canucks so anything could happen.

I hate how some people still use this reference. The Kings were never an underdog team that year, many projected them to contend for the cup at the start of that season (especially after acquiring Richards and Carter). They just had a bad regular season and ended up squeaking into the playoffs, but other than that they definitely had the team on paper to contend and they ended up winning. 

The Caps may be playoff chokes but they've gotten the job done in round 1 the past couple of years. 

I think the Leafs steal a game in Washington and make things uncomfortable for the Caps but Washington wins in 6. 

I honestly don't think the Caps could have hand picked an easier opponent a veteran team vs a bunch of green playoff rookies albeit coached by a veteran winner like Babcock.

TO is gonna be on fire crowd noise might rival the Habs and Jets as the loudest in the NHL.

I might watch this series...

Go Caps Go. 

This is the final year for this group in WSH to get a Cup. They will be losing some players to the cap and free agency. I think they get it done finally. Been cheering for them ever since OV came in, he deserves a Cup. 

Caps and Oilers SCF would be great. 

Great to see the Leafs in the playoffs again along with several Canadian teams. It'll be a good experience for this rebuilding team. 

Archived