The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MDSF: (M1) Washington Capitals vs. (WC2) Toronto Maple Leafs | Capitals win series 4-2

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Capitals in 4
    • Capitals in 5
    • Capitals in 6
    • Capitals in 7
    • Maple Leafs in 4
    • Maple Leafs in 5
    • Maple Leafs in 6
    • Maple Leafs in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

11 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Only good thing if the Caps lose the series is it will be to a Canadian team. If they are gonna lose better they lose to a Canadian team. Hockey is better with Canadian teams in the playoffs. 

I agree, except Calgary. F*** the flames.

Goona be honest though, if Capitals make it out of R1 I'll be rooting for Ovechkin. 

50 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

We got bounced in the first round after winning the Presidents Trophy in 2012 too.

Yeah but this will be the 2nd time they've gone out in the first round after winning it, we at least made the finals as the president trophy winners.

Have I fallen asleep for a week and the series is now over????

Okay, the Caps are down 2 games to 1.  And they did blow a 2-0 lead.  But there is still a lot of hockey to play.  Let's not shovel dirt on the Caps just yet.

Looking forward to Wednesday.

59 minutes ago, Bo053 said:

Yeah but this will be the 2nd time they've gone out in the first round after winning it, we at least made the finals as the president trophy winners.

And the Capitals have already lost? I think they'll win it in seven still.

Either way, if they end up losing, it's not the first time they've gone in as the favourites and outsed in the first two rounds.

7 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Still think the Caps will win the series. Leafs are too inexperienced when it comes the playoffs and the Caps have the talent and playoff experience to beat the Leafs.

Leafs are inexperienced, but the caps are experienced in.... Choking!! 

Aren't the Canucks the last team to win President Trophy that at least reached Stanley Cup Finals? Since then no team has even come close.

EA Sports prediction of Habs/Preds Stanley Cup Final might still have a chance. We shall see.

10 minutes ago, fivethej said:

Aren't the Canucks the last team to win President Trophy that at least reached Stanley Cup Finals? Since then no team has even come close.

EA Sports prediction of Habs/Preds Stanley Cup Final might still have a chance. We shall see.

2013 Hawks?

That was a crazy good team if that season was a full season the Hawsk would have been a 132 pt team 

I still think the Caps will take this series, but hopefully they don't. Washington will drown in the #SeaOfBlue! 

What an exciting series to watch. Going to be a real thriller tonight with Ovi all over the ice. YAY FOR PLAYOFF HOCKEY!

2 hours ago, Xbox said:

I still think the Caps will take this series, but hopefully they don't. Washington will drown in the #SeaOfBlue! 

What an exciting series to watch. Going to be a real thriller tonight with Ovi all over the ice. YAY FOR PLAYOFF HOCKEY!

Go away

On 4/17/2017 at 8:17 PM, WHL rocks said:

Only good thing if the Caps lose the series is it will be to a Canadian team. If they are gonna lose better they lose to a Canadian team. Hockey is better with Canadian teams in the playoffs. 

I disagree entirely. Lest we forget 2011? When the entire Country turned against us and cheered for the Bruins? I cheered for Calgary 2004, Edmonton 2006 and Ottawa 2007, and I remember all of them had the backing of our media and other teams fanbases in Canada. When it came our turn? We got betrayed for the ****ing Bruins. 

So the other Canadian teams can go **** themselves. Ottawa is the only partial exception because of Burrows. Go Sharks!!

And on topic, I want Washington to crush the Leafs, Ovi deserves to play for the Cup. 

Archived