The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MDSF: (M1) Washington Capitals vs. (WC2) Toronto Maple Leafs | Capitals win series 4-2

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Capitals in 4
    • Capitals in 5
    • Capitals in 6
    • Capitals in 7
    • Maple Leafs in 4
    • Maple Leafs in 5
    • Maple Leafs in 6
    • Maple Leafs in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

8 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

The Leafs are going to be a very very good team next season. They only scored 6 pts less than Caps in last 41 games of regular season. The beginning half of season it took them time to come together as a team and get some experience in the NHL. Just imagine how good these kids will be next year. 

I honestly won't be surprised if we see a Leafs/Oilers cup final sometime in the next 5 years.

Just now, Bo053 said:

I honestly won't be surprised if we see a Leafs/Oilers cup final sometime in the next 5 years.

Agree. There's a very good chance of that happening and I think it'll be sooner than that. Within the next 3 years i'd say. 

10 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

The Leafs are going to be a very very good team next season. They only scored 6 pts less than Caps in last 41 games of regular season. The beginning half of season it took them time to come together as a team and get some experience in the NHL. Just imagine how good these kids will be next year. 

It's all uncertain at this point.   Could melt down too...so many things factor in.  Pressure of playoffs is a bit of a test and how they bounce back is part of that.

31 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Doesn't seem like the Caps are going to make it past the Leafs. Right now I'd give Leafs the odds to make it into 2nd round. 

Too much youth, speed and skill for the veteran Caps to handle. NHL is rapidly moving towards more and more speed and the young kids have it in abundance. 

Caps will win this series and then won't have anything left to hassle the Burgh' with.

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

It's all uncertain at this point.   Could melt down too...so many things factor in.  Pressure of playoffs is a bit of a test and how they bounce back is part of that.

Looks like they're handling pressure pretty good. They've give the President's trophy winning Caps all they can handle and a bit more. Such a young team and so much speed and skill on the team. Future is super bright for the Leafs. 

1 minute ago, Chip Kelly said:

Caps will win this series and then won't have anything left to hassle the Burgh' with.

One series at a time Chip. I'm just hoping the Caps win this series. Worry about the dirty birds when the time comes. 

Just now, WHL rocks said:

One series at a time Chip. I'm just hoping the Caps win this series. Worry about the dirty birds when the time comes. 

Don't worry man they got this. Have to believe they have come to close to not get a rematch with the Penguins to screw it up now. They have Justin Williams in their back pocket and TJ Oshie 2 of the most clutch guys in the league right now.

I think experience will make the difference and separate them ever so slightly from the Leafs.

15 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

They've taken the best team in the league to overtime in almost every single game in a series that many people thought they were going to get dominated in 4 straight.

Think they're doing just fine.

The age thing - 'the Leafs are so young!' thing is overstated - as usual.

The Leafs average age is 26.8 years.

The Caps average age is 27.5 years.

http://stats.nhlnumbers.com/teams

Apparently an average difference of 8 months is enough to make the Caps "too veteran" and the Leafs 'so young.'

Pittsburgh and Chicago are the oldest teams in the NHL currently.  LA and SJ are next.

But apparently the NHL is 'trending' away from these old teams...

The tendency to dramatically overstate the trends is far more trendy than the 'trends' themselves.

4 hours ago, Brad Marchand said:

Yeah, you can see it at the bottom of the screen. Just a split second after Ovechkin taps him. Hilarious how none of the CBC crew caught it.

These have to be taken out of the game. So very unsportsmanlike, the kids watch this crap. Is this where we want the future of hockey to go? These should be reviewable (and not a PP) but a 5 minute game misconduct and removed and sits in the penalty box for all to see for the whole 5 minutes..

4 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

These have to be taken out of the game. So very unsportsmanlike, the kids watch this crap. Is this where we want the future of hockey to go? These should be reviewable (and not a PP) but a 5 minute game misconduct and removed and sits in the penalty box for all to see for the whole 5 minutes..

Waht?

Archived