The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PDSF: (P1) Anaheim Ducks vs. (WC1) Calgary Flames | Ducks win series 4-0

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1   

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Wow, 14 pages.  Seriously?  We get more than that for regular season games... often before the puck even drops.

Calgarypuck is way busier, good hockey talk there until the Canucks and Oilers are brought up then it's straight venom. 

4 minutes ago, khay said:

Lol. That high stick goal shouldn't have counted. I don't know what the league was looking at. I'm happy the Ducks won but man NHL really sucks.

Yeah that was silly. All logic indicated his stick had to be too high when it made contact. But the flames went 3/5 on the PP and the Ducks didn't get a single man advantage so I don't think they can be too mad at the refs in this one. 

Just now, WHL rocks said:

What a terrible game for Elliot. Burke should have gone after a goalie at the trade deadline. Everyone knew he needed to do it but his stubbornness cost him a series. 

Yep, that same stubbornness cost us a Cup run in 2003 as well, could have had Damphousse for added depth, but nope, Burke wouldn't extend his contract another year.

Damphousse scored 12 goals and 29 assists on 03-04 and 7 goals and 7 assists in the playoffs... yeah Burke, that extra year certainly would have killed us... MORON.

Loved watching the meltdown at the stench dome.  

Flames fans blaming elliot but most of those goals were deflected.  Lames got schooled 5 on 5. Sure Monahan has three goals but him and hockey boy make very little impact 5 on 5.

ducks are so good in the dirty areas. No whimpy perimeter play. They drive to the net and win puck battles behind the face off circles. 

Just now, canuckster19 said:

Yep, that same stubbornness cost us a Cup run in 2003 as well, could have had Damphousse for added depth, but nope, Burke wouldn't extend his contract another year.

Damphousse scored 12 goals and 29 assists on 03-04 and 7 goals and 7 assists in the playoffs... yeah Burke, that extra year certainly would have killed us... MORON.

2003 and 2004 (well I guess 2004 was more of Steve Moore doing than Burke but without Bert, we took the series to 7 games against a team that went to game 7 of SCF). Oh and a chance at a deep run in 2002 was blown away by goaltending as well; 2-0 series lead and 1-0 lead disappeared pretty quickly.

To be fair, it was those stingy owners McCaw's that forbade Burke from spending. We were working with 45 mil salary ceiling during the WCE era when the other teams were spending 70-80 million dollars.

Man, thinking back to WCE era makes me angry. Had Steve Moore not elbowed Naslund, Naslund and Bert would have been able to maintain their form for few more years, just in time for the Sedins to reach their high level and as Kesler, Burr, Bieksa, and Edler arrived on the scene. 

7 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Calgary fans thinking of boycotting their next game and boycotting the NHL playoffs lmao. 

Crap fanbase is crap.

At this point my only hope is the ducks are flying home on United and the flight is overbooked...

Haha, what a hoot over there....

17 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Wow, 14 pages.  Seriously?  We get more than that for regular season games... often before the puck even drops.

I was pretty surprised too, it just seems like there isn't a lot of members there. I have seen quite a few other teams message boards and nothing tops CDC. CDC has the most categories and contributors and most content which makes it most info and also most funny to read through haha

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Kind of satisfying watching Tkachuk be completely invisible.

It seems like when the refs don't let him play like Marchand, he's alot less noticeable.

He had Ducks keeping him in check too.  He kind of shriveled up a bit.

Archived