The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PDSF: (P1) Anaheim Ducks vs. (WC1) Calgary Flames | Ducks win series 4-0

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1   

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

14 minutes ago, canuckster19 said:

Yep, that same stubbornness cost us a Cup run in 2003 as well, could have had Damphousse for added depth, but nope, Burke wouldn't extend his contract another year.

Damphousse scored 12 goals and 29 assists on 03-04 and 7 goals and 7 assists in the playoffs... yeah Burke, that extra year certainly would have killed us... MORON.

Damphousse? Was there a trade in the works?

Haha! I'm loving the flames choke job this game and all the crying flames fans are doing on Calgary puck! Best scenario is Calgary and Edmonton make the playoffs keeping them away from a top draft pick and get bounced in the first round. Too bad sharks aren't doing their job! 

18 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

What a terrible game for Elliot. Burke should have gone after a goalie at the trade deadline. Everyone knew he needed to do it but his stubbornness cost him a series. 

I dont think Burke likes good goalies. Remember his marriage to Cloutier?

Bartkowski and Engelland - lol!

Didnt anyone in lames land watch Bartkowski play here last year? (Cough *gulutzan)   Sure he can skate the puck out but he's a tire fire trying to win board battles. 

3-0 series lead and the ducks are without two of their top dmen.

that loaf of bread head Hrudey is gonna cry if they get swept. 

12 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Not a fan of the Ducks, and don't consider places like Anaheim to be hockey markets, but silver lining - whenever Kevin Bieksa can celebrate, it's a good day.

Juice is the word.

Word!

KB3 v.2.0 having a great series so far.

Logging over 18min/gm,  over a point per game pace,  leading team in blocked shots,  generally being his snarly self out there!

1 minute ago, Fanuck said:

Word!

KB3 v.2.0 having a great series so far.

Logging over 18min/gm,  over a point per game pace,  leading team in blocked shots,  generally being his snarly self out there!

Yep.  And as tough as they come.

That was a real cheap shot Bennett threw from behind - and high - and Juice comes back to play 23 minutes anyhow.

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

That was a real cheap shot Bennett threw from behind - and high - and Juice comes back to play 23 minutes anyhow.

Man.  Terrible non call on the "18 year old"

rekindled my flame for kb3 tonight.  Did he ever battle on every level.  So proud of him to bite bike to the edge but not lose control.

4 minutes ago, oldnews said:

They have been targeting the ducks d with vatanen and fowler out. Quite a few cheap shots... like the knee that took fowler out in the regular season. 

6 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Gulutzan being blamed for these losses is pretty vacant.   They just didn't get a save, simple as that - that's not really on the coach.

Everybody who follows hockey knows that Brian Elliott was propped up by Hitch's system. The guy is really average, and some nights he's downright terrible.

Every time CBC trots out the "Elliott had the best save percentage the last six seasons blah blah blah" I laugh. Elliott is a tandem "1A" guy, I wouldn't even consider him to be a bonafide NHL starter, unless he is in net for Ken Hitchcock. 

That said, the series isn't over yet. Gibson looked really shaky back there, and despite all the great goaltending Bernier gave this year, I am not 100% confident he will not regress to a human sieve at a moment's notice.

Randy Carlyle's message to his players needs to be: Pucks on Elliott, pucks at Elliott, from every angle, every spot. Hell, Edler scored on him from centre ice. Shoot shoot shoot. The guy is a human rebound machine and he kicks them right into the slot.

54 minutes ago, Mustapha said:

Everybody who follows hockey knows that Brian Elliott was propped up by Hitch's system. The guy is really average, and some nights he's downright terrible.

Every time CBC trots out the "Elliott had the best save percentage the last six seasons blah blah blah" I laugh. Elliott is a tandem "1A" guy, I wouldn't even consider him to be a bonafide NHL starter, unless he is in net for Ken Hitchcock. 

That said, the series isn't over yet. Gibson looked really shaky back there, and despite all the great goaltending Bernier gave this year, I am not 100% confident he will not regress to a human sieve at a moment's notice.

Randy Carlyle's message to his players needs to be: Pucks on Elliott, pucks at Elliott, from every angle, every spot. Hell, Edler scored on him from centre ice. Shoot shoot shoot. The guy is a human rebound machine and he kicks them right into the slot.

Your point about Elliot is exactly how I feel. Word for word. So overrated. Product of the system and a little luck.

I was laughing so hard when the Flames traded for him and there fans actually thought he was gonna lead them to the promise land :lol:. So clueless. 

Archived