The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PDSF: (P1) Anaheim Ducks vs. (WC1) Calgary Flames | Ducks win series 4-0

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1   

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Honky Cat said:

Calgary and Vancouver making the playoffs in 2015 was probably the worst things that happened for both franchises....IMO.....It created unrealistic expectations in both cities,as both teams crashed and burned the following season..The Canucks right now are exactly where they are supposed to be..(rather than a one and done playoff team).

Actually I think it was the thing that finally kicked in the rebuild for the Canucks, and ended the "one last chance for the old core".  Recall that months into the next season Benning was still bitter over the loss.

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

Actually I think it was the thing that finally kicked in the rebuild for the Canucks, and ended the "one last chance for the old core".  Recall that months into the next season Benning was still bitter over the loss.

The way that ferkle was running around in that series and using the d men as bowling pins probably motivated him to go after Gudbranson and get a big kid like Tryamkin in the draft.

2 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Could Lombardi and Burke co-exist?

Who knows...but I think Treliving's contract is done so I don't see him getting an extension. After this playoff disaster I could see the flames pulling a knee jerk reaction and hiring a big name like lombardi to please the fans.

1 minute ago, Darius71 said:

The way that ferkle was running around in that series and using the d men as bowling pins probably motivated him to go after Gudbranson and get a big kid like Tryamkin in the draft.

Truly embarrassing, as Calgary themselves were a smallish team -- no doubt that was part of it.  He's actually been accumulating more skill players so far, but then again we needed everything.  Thing is, fill out your top-6/9 with skill then you can start working on the mid/bottom 6 and getting some muscle and grinders.  The return of Dorsett and Gudbranson can't come soon enough though.

Man I remember arguing with a Flames fan who is a buddy when they signed Elliott in the off season. He was convinced they had solved the goaltending issue. Hasn't messaged me back yet but I am sure he will finally admit he  wasn't the answer lol. Brutal series for Elliott again :)

10 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

Ferland tries that with a healthy Gudbranson, Tryamkin, and Dorsett on the ice, he's gonna be tasting some fillings. 

Just now, Honky Cat said:

Bieksa was a pillar back there for Anaheim...With all the mileage he has on that body,I didn't think he still had that in him.. tbh...I'm rooting for him the rest of the way.

Will be strange to see Jannik grinding for a series against his two old buds...

Archived