The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PDSF: (P1) Anaheim Ducks vs. (WC1) Calgary Flames | Ducks win series 4-0

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1   

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

7 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I think this is a good example of you don't want to be too competitive, too quickly on a rebuild. This is why I'm ok with Benning's more gradual approach. I'm not saying I want 10 years of missing the playoffs in a Edmonton way. But I'm ok if the team still struggles next year. If this means we eventually get 3 lines that can go head to head against any in the NHL. And we have a defensive corps that is the envy of the NHL. I don't mind if it takes time to get it right. 

Rushing things, trying to cut corners, trading depth for one superstar is not the answer. Having a well rounded team, that can play any style of hockey and still win is what we need. 

Next year if we can make strides in scoring and creating supports for when our secondary scoring HAS to become our primary scoring. This is I assune the last year of the twins. Fixing our forward lines with the right mix, even developing Jake for another season in Utica. And not over analyzing OJ when he hits the NHL ice. I'm looking forward to adding a forward to the mix. Our top 6 should be the focus I think. Our D seems to be coming along fine esp with GudB coming back.

1 hour ago, apollo said:

It's sad. One less Canadian team. Not sure why people are happy... oh well, glad Juice is on to the next round

almost every team in NHL have Canadian players as the majority. The team's location doesn't represent Canada, only that city's market.

teams I want to see lose in the first round:

bruins

hawks

leafs

flames

oils

so far 2/5 already, and bruins are likely to lose too. 

17 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

almost every team in NHL have Canadian players as the majority. The team's location doesn't represent Canada, only that city's market.

teams I want to see lose in the first round:

bruins

hawks

leafs

flames

oils

so far 2/5 already, and bruins are likely to lose too. 

How about the millions of Canadian's in Calgary that get depressed over the what, maybe 100,000 americans in anaheim that are actually happy about their team doing well? 

The way I see it, there's more Canadians miserable over this than Americans. 

28 minutes ago, apollo said:

How about the millions of Canadian's in Calgary that get depressed over the what, maybe 100,000 americans in anaheim that are actually happy about their team doing well? 

The way I see it, there's more Canadians miserable over this than Americans. 

FWIW, Calgary population total just barely makes it over a million.  And I suspect your 100K estimate is very much on the low side.  But, whatever.

Regardless, if those "millions" gave a damn while we were suffering at the hands of Boston in 2011 they might deserve some support from us Canuck fans.  In general they didn't, so screw 'em.  

Doesn't help that they advanced past us in '89 on their way to their Cup from an illegal goal.  Sigh, if only the NHL had video review a year or two earlier.  That high stick goal in game three doesn't cover that karma debt.

15 hours ago, Kragar said:

FWIW, Calgary population total just barely makes it over a million.  And I suspect your 100K estimate is very much on the low side.  But, whatever.

Regardless, if those "millions" gave a damn while we were suffering at the hands of Boston in 2011 they might deserve some support from us Canuck fans.  In general they didn't, so screw 'em.  

Doesn't help that they advanced past us in '89 on their way to their Cup from an illegal goal.  Sigh, if only the NHL had video review a year or two earlier.  That high stick goal in game three doesn't cover that karma debt.

That goal has always bothered me in that it allowed the Flamers to advance and then basically cruise through the remainder of the playoffs to a Cup.

3 hours ago, Johnny Shotgun said:

That goal has always bothered me in that it allowed the Flamers to advance and then basically cruise through the remainder of the playoffs to a Cup.

Yup.  Obviously, the Flames could still have won even if the goal was disallowed, but that has been an awful taste in my mouth ever since.

21 hours ago, apollo said:

It's sad. One less Canadian team. Not sure why people are happy... oh well, glad Juice is on to the next round

I don't want a canadian team winning the cup unless it's us or ottawa.  Only cheer for canada when it comes to international tournaments, but for the NHL, &^@# the other canadian teams!

Archived