The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dale Tallon named Florida GM again

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

I wonder how long until Arizona looks for a new GM? This is why I don't really pay attention to articles on analytics. So many numbers with so little meaning at times.

Arizona is looking great. They are going to turn it around really fast. Trading for Chychrun was a great move.

Just now, peaches5 said:

Arizona is looking great. They are going to turn it around really fast. Trading for Chychrun was a great move.

Tell me that when they actually do just that and I'll believe you. Until then I'm sticking to my guns.

30 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Tell me that when they actually do just that and I'll believe you. Until then I'm sticking to my guns.

Agreed.  They might have some occasional success with the NHL version of Billy-ball, making the playoffs once in a while, but if they never open their pocketbooks up, nothing good will last there, IMO.

4 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Agreed.  They might have some occasional success with the NHL version of Billy-ball, making the playoffs once in a while, but if they never open their pocketbooks up, nothing good will last there, IMO.

Not to mention, they were actually starting to look good with Domi and Duclair before Chayka took over the reigns. If anything Chayka's cut the head off of Arizona's progress in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Not to mention, they were actually starting to look good with Domi and Duclair before Chayka took over the reigns. If anything Chayka's cut the head off of Arizona's progress in my opinion.

I wasn't following closely enough to comment on their regression, so allowed for it being a sophomore jinx.  Can't say you are wrong, though.  Hard to know what kind of impact Chayka can have with the on-ice product in a short time.  I would think that would be more with Tippett, but as I said, I don't follow them that closely to have a deeper opinion of what's up.

10 minutes ago, Kragar said:

I wasn't following closely enough to comment on their regression, so allowed for it being a sophomore jinx.  Can't say you are wrong, though.  Hard to know what kind of impact Chayka can have with the on-ice product in a short time.  I would think that would be more with Tippett, but as I said, I don't follow them that closely to have a deeper opinion of what's up.

The way I see it, for young players to develop, they need older players in supporting roles. Perhaps there was also the sophomore slump involved.

However, I look at the trades made. There are a couple of good ones, but there are others where I can see why Doan showed his frustration. Especially with the Hanzel trade.... http://www.nhltradetracker.com/user/trade_list_by_team/Arizona_Coyotes/1

This thread isn't about the Coyotes though anyway, but still. lol In any case, I'll believe a turnaround is in the works for them when I see it.

Archived