The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Art Vandelay's Playoff Pool 2017

Art Vandelay

18 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Everyone does it; this year I went all in Anaheim in my pools (except this one).

I don't think think I've ever gone all in with the right team... it's a curse. 

For a few years (2009-2015) I was pretty good at predicting the cup winner in advance. This and last year though I've been completely off.

It's nice to be surprised in the playoffs, but it's bad when it comes to pools :lol:

35 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

For a few years (2009-2015) I was pretty good at predicting the cup winner in advance. This and last year though I've been completely off.

It's nice to be surprised in the playoffs, but it's bad when it comes to pools :lol:

You picked the Bruins!! :(

• 2 weeks later...

2nd round over.

Unless Getzlaf gets 30+ More points, I'd say the winner is already known. 

I didnt lose a single player in the first round then lost all of them this round... sigh. 

And wow did we suck at predictions in this pool...

• 2 weeks later...

I may still have a shot at getting out of the basement if Schultz continues to produce at this pace. He has been the Pens' best D all year long and I'm glad I picked him. Sitting at 50, 10 behind @Master Mind, I'll need him to continue heating up and getting on the scoresheet. Long shot at this point but the way he's going, he has a chance of passing Karlsson for most points by a D this postseason

36 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

I may still have a shot at getting out of the basement if Schultz continues to produce at this pace. He has been the Pens' best D all year long and I'm glad I picked him. Sitting at 50, 10 behind @Master Mind, I'll need him to continue heating up and getting on the scoresheet. Long shot at this point but the way he's going, he has a chance of passing Karlsson for most points by a D this postseason

Guess I'm hoping for a short, low scoring series!

Updated for the third round. Looks like @Zhukini has won.

There were a couple scoring changes from the second round. Beary Sweet, and zhukini each lost a point, hatedkid666 lost 2 points and everyone else gained a point. (Changes to Schultz, Kessel, Fowler, Talbot, Anderson, and Parayko)

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats to Zhukini! I unofficially name this 2017 CDC summer... "The Summer of Zhukini"

Final Results:

Winner - @Zhukini 

Runner up - Art Vandelay 

3 - @Jaku

4 - @Tigs

5 - @hatedkid666

6 - @Stamkos

7 - @Master Mind

8 - @Beary Sweet

IMG_1557.thumb.PNG.495d10eba81726185b59c62ffeb48d78.PNG

I hope to do a pool similar to this next year, hopefully you all will be interested. 

On 6/15/2017 at 3:45 PM, Art Vandelay said:

Congrats to Zhukini! I unofficially name this 2017 CDC summer... "The Summer of Zhukini"

Final Results:

Winner - @Zhukini 

Runner up - Art Vandelay 

3 - @Jaku

4 - @Tigs

5 - @hatedkid666

6 - @Stamkos

7 - @Master Mind

8 - @Beary Sweet

IMG_1557.thumb.PNG.495d10eba81726185b59c62ffeb48d78.PNG

I hope to do a pool similar to this next year, hopefully you all will be interested. 

Thanks, Karlsson doing magic and Chicago not so much was basically it

Archived